Senton Rebuilding Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi guys !
Shocks gave up and now i have fluid all over my a arms.
I have a Arrma senton 3s blx if that helps.
I am now going to rebuild them. What tools would I need ? Can you guys tell me how much oil I would need for all 4 shocks and what wt oil should I put in them. I have stock shocks. I don’t jump much, just like driving on grass and rough terrain

Hi guys !
Shocks gave up and now i have fluid all over my a arms.
I have a Arrma senton 3s blx if that helps.
I am now going to rebuild them. What tools would I need ? Can you guys tell me how much oil I would need for all 4 shocks and what wt oil should I put in them. I have stock shocks. I don’t jump much, just like driving on grass and rough terrain
If you are fine with the stock oil weight, 35W should be fine. There are members here that have fixed their leaky shocks. I would ask @Camaroboy383 ans @slick2500 for specific advice. I swapped mine quickly for Typhon 6S shocks and tossed out the stock plastic shocks.

If you search for my build thread you can read how I did it. Basically it involves buying o-rings and modifying the bottom cartridge. This stopped my leaks immediately.

Tools needed would be the 12 o-rings (I used 2.6mm ID/7mm OD/2.2mm thick o-rings from Amazon) and green slime lubricant or another silicone lube. If you want to be careful you can also buy a shock shaft tool, but I did it without one.

95F12CC1-7D96-4772-A510-D9968D30D5BF.png

Is this much shock oil going to be enough for 4 shocks ? And is this a nice brand ?

I use these.. but the 2.2 may work better.. I'm not sure...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191219-020751_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191219-020751_eBay.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 52
i run 85wt oil in mine, got some at napa. now that will absorb 10ft jump landings rarely bottoming out, which is mostly what I like doing. if I want more action in the shocks for just running on land w/o major jumps, I use 30wt oil. but really, what the others said here will do you just fine, I'm just throwing out there what I did

I bought those same o rings but the 50 count. They run a little big and I could only fit 4 in the shock where others were able to fit 5. I did remove the spacer and both stock o rings. I could fit 2 with the stock spacer but cap was tight so I did the 4. Also the stock spacer was not cut straight, all were cut at an angle. Only ran it 2 times since I put them in, so far no leaks. A couple of the o rings were oval and had to be tossed. I did try just using green slime with the stock stuff but mine leaked again so i went with new o rings. My sons granite shows no sign of leaking yet and we run at the same time. His is still stock.

i run 85wt oil in mine, got some at napa. now that will absorb 10ft jump landings rarely bottoming out, which is mostly what I like doing. if I want more action in the shocks for just running on land w/o major jumps, I use 30wt oil. but really, what the others said here will do you just fine, I'm just throwing out there what I did
You actually want the chassis to slap on landings or else you will send all that energy to the shocks, towers, or something else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back