Big Rock Received my spur gear...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Received my spur gear and the bushing is not press fitted in and the 46T marking on the spur is non existant...
20230426_120520.jpg

Stick the brass bushing inside the freezer for 15 min. The brass will contract in size . Then Heat up the Spur with a Heat gun or hair dryer. The Spur will expand. So it is very hot to the touch, use gloves to handle it. Then quickly insert the brass bushing right out of the freezer. Should fit in/ slide in easily enough. Try that. As both metals get to room temps, the bushing should become nice and snug.
Let us know how it works out.
I would imagine the brass bushing in this application should be a very tight fit for best operation.

Brass Oilite bushings are soft. I would Not hammer it. :rolleyes:
And No need to.

My 2 cents.
:cool:

Last edited:
Stick the brass bushing inside the freezer for 15 min. The brass will contract in size . Then Heat up the Spur with a Heat gun or hair dryer. The Spur will expand. So it is very hot to the touch, use gloves to handle it. Then quickly insert the brass bushing right out of the freezer. Should fit in/ slide in easily enough. Try that. As both metals get to room temps, the bushing should become nice and snug.
Let us know how it works out.
I would imagine the brass bushing in this application should be a very tight fit for best operation.

Brass Oilite bushings are soft. I would Not hammer it. :rolleyes:
And No need to.

My 2 cents.
:cool:
I just ended up using my vice and a 21mm socket

20230426_140634.jpg

20230426_140715.jpg

20230426_140720.jpg

One of my spur got toasted my gearmesh was too tight and it ruined my brass bushing. I don't think it would be too hard to get one machined to spec or find one online
Wish arrma sold that part alone. Such a waste

Amain decided to send me a new spur gear anyway. They got told by horizon it wasnt normal. Here is the new spur gear.
20230517_161804.jpg

It can be a real issue if someone doesn't have the tools to press fit the part in. Still a bit bummed by this but i cant complain. Got a free spur for asking if it was normal for the spur to come seperated from its bushing

How is your Big Rock running these days?
Its pretty epic. I did end up breaking a front axle pin on my last run while trying a full throttle backflip. Im really cautious with it and i don't attempt to backflip. Handling is amazing. It sits bery high up and has 2 times more suspension clearence and travel than my other 6s

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back