Received ZD racing shocks, with different sizes of pistons!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my shocks feeling different to each other. Luckily I had seen this thread before, and went to check....
These are my two rear ZD racing shocks.... One has huge holes compared to the other...

@A_Basher How are your printed pistons holding up? Could you share the file?

IMG_20211105_204312.jpg

If I were designing a piston 3D print. I would create a tapered edge on one side. Run tapered side down for on road and tapered side up for off road. Probably more of an advantage with off road running and could experiment whether taper UP or Down.
Just me.

My pistons and all are the same but I ended up with an extra ball and some really bright blue metal shavings. Mind you all that stuff was on the inside of the shock body's. 1 rear had pivot ball the other had the metal flakes

20211004_014007.jpg

20211003_192446.jpg

20211004_014001.jpg

20211004_015250.jpg

20211003_192347.jpg

Ah man that sucks. Mine are showing up tomorrow. Hope they are ok. :oops:

I just spent an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't make 2 new shocks behave the same, until I just took the shocks apart, only to find they have completely different pistons! So annoying!
I have no other shocks, anf I really needed these to replace a broken shock.
I already emailed Banggood about this, but I'm still left without working shocks.
I might try 3D printing some pistons with different hole sizes. Not sure how they'll hold but worth a try.

View attachment 88891
I mean I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure once for the front ones for the back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back