Kraton Receiver box issue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
How am I supposed to fit all of these wires through the tiny little slit in the receiver box? I tried it, thought I had it, and severed my receiver antenna and almost my esc wires. Luckily I soldered the antenna wire back on and it was just the jacket of the esc wire. I am thinking of making a separate opening with a dremel. Anyone have another solution?

20220320_181304.jpg

Well I hate to tell ya but u prolly ruined the receiver!! Eeek!🤬
He ruined the antenna. The receiver will still work for like 15 feet then it will loose signal. The antenna is a coax cable not a single wire.

It is easiest to run your wires with the front center driveshaft and front chassis brace removed.

He ruined the antenna. The receiver will still work for like 15 feet then it will loose signal. The antenna is a coax cable not a single wire.

It is easiest to run your wires with the front center driveshaft and front chassis brace removed.
So what good is 15 ft.. I don't believe u can solder one on but I might be wrong!?

Last edited:
I just dealt with this as well. I ended up using a couple drops of silicone spay on the wires to get them to slide into the waterproof grommet slot. It still wasn’t easy because the steering servo is in the way but it worked. It was impossible with my sausage fingers and completely dry wires. I didn’t want to risk pushing the wires in the slot with anything that could possibly damage them so I was determined to just use my fingers and it worked. I got it with God granting me patience and you will as well. good luck brother🍀

Last edited:
Last edited:
+2 fan wires. I got them in though...

Why? So I need a new receiver now????!!!
You will have to get a new receiver because the antenna wire is to thin to fix since it is a coax type cable wire. In theory you can fix it but it’s not even worth the time and possibly losing your connection and crashing your kraton into something. We all know what happens when you crash a kraton at 45-55 mph!

You will have to get a new receiver because the antenna wire is to thin to fix since it is a coax type cable wire. In theory you can fix it but it’s not even worth the time and possibly losing your connection and crashing your kraton into something. We all know what happens when you crash a kraton at 45-55 mph!
Looks like I can replace the wire. I'll get a new one and try...
Just ordered a new one from Aliexpress for $7.28 including tax and shipping. I have a back up radio and receiver I can use until I replace the antenna or get the new one from China.

Last edited:
With my EXB I’m pretty sure I removed the battery tray and receiver box from the chassis. Sat the receiver in the box, fed the coax up the tube and then mounted it all back onto the house.

I don't worry about that foam seal on the Rx box. If it falls out, so be it. It is a nuisance anyway. Sometimes I can get lucky and all my wires run through fine. I never run in the wet anyway. If you put some silicone grease on the leads, you can get lucky and it all fits.
I may stuff foam over all the wires once they are snaked into the Rx box before I cover it up. That whole RX is not perfectly sealed anyway. The factory foam seal is never a perfect seal over the wires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back