Receiver Box Wire Seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Want to see what you guys are using to seal the box where the wires go in. The little gray foam piece is beyond frustrating, what is the best substitute?

I'm also looking to find a solution to that receiver box. The one thing I miss about traxxas is the receiver boxes. In my outcast I pushed the wires down to the bottom of that slot without any foam, and then pushed the foam down on top of the wires. A bit janky but after 10 mins of fussing with it I gave up.

I'm also looking to find a solution to that receiver box. The one thing I miss about traxxas is the receiver boxes. In my outcast I pushed the wires down to the bottom of that slot without any foam, and then pushed the foam down on top of the wires. A bit janky but after 10 mins of fussing with it I gave up.
Thought about doing the same but using a foam ear plug to shove down there.

I don't worry about it. Then again, I'm not planning on running through puddles or large areas of water.

First I've heard of using foam ear plugs (for shooters?) and sounds promising. I have countless of these on-hand too.

I don't worry about it. Then again, I'm not planning on running through puddles or large areas of water.
Yeah, I am certain that many of us do not plan to run in water...but accidents happen. You never know when you'll tumble over a cliff into a little lake!

But really I'd like to keep as much dander and dust out as possible.
How does that dry? I originally wondered about that but I thought it would stay too tacky and collect dirt
It dries pretty well not tacky at all...at least in the automotive application. I suspect it would do the same here. You could buy a tube and test a pebble sized ball of it to see if it works for you.

If you want make RECEIVERBOX Waterproof ?
Use SILICONE. Make shure use something that is okey for OUTSIDE use also.
Not indoor Silicone, there is also the Outside classed stuff.

Nice thin line , about 1mm is good.
Let it try 24h.
Then you can screw the Cover back.
You can drive in snow, rain, what you like after this

GOOD LUCK :)
don't shake your hands :)

edit.
now i see, you mean the big whole where cables go in ?
There you maybe don't want use Silicone. Because you need Change one Servo or something in future maybe.

I must try these Ear Plugs.
cool

Yeah, I am certain that many of us do not plan to run in water...but accidents happen. You never know when you'll tumble over a cliff into a little lake!
I second this. It happens and I have video to prove it??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back