Kraton Receiver fitment question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-IronMan-

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Does the spectrum sr6100at receiver fit in the kraton receiver box?
I just ordered the Spektrum DX5C Smart 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter with SR6100AT to replace my stx2 got tired of run away no signal delayed kraton lol ?

Does the spectrum sr6100at receiver fit in the kraton receiver box?
I just ordered the Spektrum DX5C Smart 5-Channel DSMR Transmitter with SR6100AT to replace my stx2 got tired of run away no signal delayed kraton lol ?
It should. I doesn't look any bigger than the old style Spektrum receivers I have in mine.

It does. Using it myself. You might want to take out that little mounting plate and place straight on the bottom, it will make sense when you look at it. Mount it with cushioned double sided tape.
Definitely do that. I always remove that plate and mount flat to the bottom.

Read the AVC specific mounting instructions for the that Rx.
It needs to be hard mounted in one of two possible orientations depending on its fit within the RX box.. You must use a firm servo tape for correct AVC sensitivity and response.
If you don't, you will get very frustrated with erratic AVC operation.
IF you plan on disabling the AVC function altogether using the Bind plug overide, the above doesn't matter.

AVC is not Telemetry. AVC is ST and TH autonomy using an internal Yaw Rate sensor within the Rx, or Gyro as some incorrectly call it.(depending on the brand and Rx)
Telemetry is operating voltages, rpm, and speed data that's transmitted to the TX from the RX in real time.

TH AVC is horrible for big air. Agreed.
ST AVC can and does work for big air and 4WD if you learn how it works and setup accordingly. Understanding Gain and Priority is important. Many users overlook this and disable AVC altogether out of frustration. ST AVC helps keep a straight line for approaching ramps fast to get bigger air time. Priority control setting tunes that feature enabling more or less driver input. Every driver ST input overrides the ST AVC depending how you set it up. It takes patience. Most just want to bash right away and not use AVC.
Is AVC a necessity to bash? Absolutely not!
The DX2E with AVC is rather limited. I can see why users disable it. But when using my DX5C, I have full control over it. And it works depending on your rigs purpose and where you are bashing.
TH AVC is best for confined closed course technical driving. Which is not quite what bashing is all about.

Last edited:
Why would we want AVC steering just to hit the ramp straight? Learn to drive. Especially once we get in the air , do a flip etc and the AVC over-corrects and removes control from the driver. Sure we can turn it down but it's bashing.
AVC is over-thinking bashing.

Hitting any target straight is my example.
I can see you haven't tried learning ST AVC. Perhaps you don't have any interest in understanding this rather new technology. That's ok too.
From a purist standpoint your method works for you.(y)
ST AVC is not allowed in sanctioned racing events because racing is about the drivers pure ability. Many racers that placed have been penalized for using it unbeknownst during post race inspections. But those racers took a chance and did it for a clear advantage. I don't advocate that.
Bashing is a far cry from racing indeed.
Tell me how ST AVC over corrects mid air control. You are wrongly informed. Or you wrongly set up your ST AVC if you actually gave it the" old college try". Works for my big air. Some of my rigs have it and some don't. I can adapt with or without.
But there will always be those that don't want to use it.
And, do you really think Arrma would include ST AVC with their DX2E because it doesn't work???? Seriously now.:cool:

Does my setup allow me to add telemetry features as well? Like battery voltage and how ?
I’m going to try avc seems like a cool feature plus I’m running electric not gas lol

The T at the end of your Rx model number indicates it is a Telemetry capable RX.
Setup depends on your specific TX. You will need additional sensor cable connections in most cases. Start reading up and watch some videos.
BTW, TH AVC can work with Gas also. But I could see it not being necessary. Gas engines are much slower spooling up compared to Electric which rev up very fast.

You are far from alone on this. I noticed many just don't like it. You are a purist driver. I understand it.:cool: I am not pro or con.
But I embrace technology wholeheartedly. Evaluate it and make up my mind. I could take it or leave it . Its not necessary.
(y)
I do see some follow the lead without making any attempt to evaluate it . They recite reasons why it is NG without any real experience or understanding, and just want to bash. The tech becomes a distraction for some.
There are many great bashers that don't need or use it at all.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back