Kraton Receiver fitment question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the receiver definitely will not fit in. What’s the traxxas receiver box that it does fit into or any other options. Can’t even push it down to make it work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 59
Well the receiver definitely will not fit in. What’s the traxxas receiver box that it does fit into or any other options. Can’t even push it down to make it work
If that receiver box is the same size as my Outcast 6s receiver box than your going to have a tight fit. The SR6100AT barely fit in my receiver box. Gotta push it down firmly and lay it flat. I also drilled a little hole on the side of the box to pass the receiver antenna through the side, so it wouldn't get smashed or pressed up against the receiver box once I pushed the receiver all the way down on the double sided tape.
It fit in my Outcast 6 V3 2019, I believe the receiver boxes are the same size. Just follow my above instructions.Just turn the receiver around with the inputs at the bottom of the picture.

I’ll try that how did u seal the antenna hole that u drilled or u just left it as is ?

I’ll try that how did u seal the antenna hole that u drilled or u just left it as is ?
V3 and V4 Rx boxes are identical. I have a V4 kraton and V3 Noto. (6S)
BTW, I don't think its necessary to seal the antenna hole. Hopefully a small hole is drilled to approx. 2mm. If that. The Rx box is not airtight anyway. And its better to let it breath and let moisture evaporate. IMO. Your call.(y)

I didn't seal the hole. The hole was just big enough to fit the antenna thru it. The receiver box has to be screwed to the chassis before installing the receiver with the double sided sticky patch tape,. Because once you push the receiver into the receiver box, you can not access the screws that hold the receiver box in place. So it's no way to fill the hole unless you remove the battery holder tray, and I wasn't trying to do all that. Lol. If you do want to seal it you can use low strength epoxy or low strength super glue, of flex seal spray.

Cool imma try that thanks probably will heat up the case a bit to stretch it cause it’s super tight fit
Hello, I was the one that posted that on the other thread. I discovered it when I bought mine a couple days ago. He is correct, you can drill a tiny hole and wedge it in there. I just didn’t want to take a chance of crushing or damaging the receiver since they are so damn expensive. What I used was a traxxas receiver box. Part number 5624. But in order to make mine fit, I had to move my battery tray back so I could fit it in longways. It worked for my Mojave but I cannot be 100 percent sure it will work on the Kraton since the chassis is shorter. The box is only $12 so it’s worth a try if you want to go that way. I did have to bolt a mounting plate on the part of the battery tray that the receiver box sits on. And then double sided tape the traxxas box onto it. You can’t bolt the box onto it directly because the wire management part will be up again the chassis brace. So you have to slide it back some. Which is why I had to get the mounting plate. All and all I think it turned out well. For me, I wanted the AVC for the mojove because it get really loose at high speeds. The AVC helps tame the beast some. Lol.
Here is a pic:

Attachments

• C46225CF-750F-4FBB-8DD7-6E146A744C52.jpeg
    C46225CF-750F-4FBB-8DD7-6E146A744C52.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 5ABD4DF9-71CC-4378-9699-D4F45B086125.jpeg
    5ABD4DF9-71CC-4378-9699-D4F45B086125.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 59
I believe people have used a Traxxas receiver box in the past so that may be an option. I didn't realize you had the newest receiver with the telemetry. I have an older AVC receiver that fits so I assumed yours would. My bad.
Yea. I had read the forums before I got mine so I thought I was good to go. Then after getting it and then found out they had a new version and the new ones are a lot longer. Not sure the reasoning behind it. Did the 6000 have a button you can push to bind instead of having to use a binding plug? The new one does, perhaps that is why the change. They need to come out with a slim version. By the way, really enjoy your youtube channel. Keep up the great work. Entertaining as hell. ????

That looks pretty good does it fit the other way or it mounts that way only ?

Hello, I was the one that posted that on the other thread. I discovered it when I bought mine a couple days ago. He is correct, you can drill a tiny hole and wedge it in there. I just didn’t want to take a chance of crushing or damaging the receiver since they are so damn expensive. What I used was a traxxas receiver box. Part number 5624. But in order to make mine fit, I had to move my battery tray back so I could fit it in longways. It worked for my Mojave but I cannot be 100 percent sure it will work on the Kraton since the chassis is shorter. The box is only $12 so it’s worth a try if you want to go that way. I did have to bolt a mounting plate on the part of the battery tray that the receiver box sits on. And then double sided tape the traxxas box onto it. You can’t bolt the box onto it directly because the wire management part will be up again the chassis brace. So you have to slide it back some. Which is why I had to get the mounting plate. All and all I think it turned out well. For me, I wanted the AVC for the mojove because it get really loose at high speeds. The AVC helps tame the beast some. Lol.
Here is a pic:

I believe Long way was the only way it would fit when i was doing it. The other issue you will notice is the antenna wire is really short on that receiver. So I just made a little whole through the rubber plug on top for the antenna. I am just curious if it will fit in the Kraton. I was looking at my Kraton and it seems like it might just barely fit after you move the battery tray back. For $12, I think it’s worth a try. It’s about the only part from traxxas that won’t break. ?. You may need to get a mount to tape it too. I just used a ESC mount and screwed it into one of the holes the original receiver box was screwed on. Keep in mind that moving the battery tray back will distribute weight a little more in the rear, but hey, might be able to do backflips a little easier. Lol.
Also, take your time and read the instructions. It was a lot more involved then I expected when it came to binding and setting up the transmitter. Make sure after you bind, go through the calibration process. And if you want to turn the avc off, just disabling from the transmitter doesn’t work. You have to disable it on the receiver too. I got frustrated as hell when I first messed with it. Had to play around for a few hours before I got the hang of it.

Last edited:
Hey by any chance do u have a limitless or infraction? Is the receiver box on those bigger ?

Well I called horizon and they said that the sr6100at does not fit into the kraton 6s box. They have an updated receiver box in the works but with the virus going around don’t know when it will be available. So looks like I will need another receiver WoW
suggestions on what fits that you are actually using with the DX5C would be appreciated

The smaller 3ch without AVC from Spektrum works for me. 2ch will probably be fine short term, extra port is nice for potential aux use.
SR315

Well I called horizon and they said that the sr6100at does not fit into the kraton 6s box. They have an updated receiver box in the works but with the virus going around don’t know when it will be available. So looks like I will need another receiver WoW
suggestions on what fits that you are actually using with the DX5C would be appreciated
It will fit with a single modification like I told you?. But if you want to go through the hassle of finding another Rx to fit in "more easier", go for it, you'll be missing out on a great receiver. About to take my truck out now for a little street fun. Have a great weekend!
20200228_121214.jpg

Do you have a picture of the receiver fit in your a Kraton 6S please? It too large and I had to cut into the receiver holder compromising being waterproof

I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the receiver box to make it fit. Doesn’t fit otherwise the receiver wire gets pinched

Do you have a picture of the receiver fit in your a Kraton 6S please? It too large and I had to cut into the receiver holder compromising being waterproof

TH AVC is horrible for big air. Agreed.
ST AVC can and does work for big air and 4WD if you learn how it works and setup accordingly. Understanding Gain and Priority is important. Many users overlook this and disable AVC altogether out of frustration. ST AVC helps keep a straight line for approaching ramps fast to get bigger air time. Priority control setting tunes that feature enabling more or less driver input. Every driver ST input overrides the ST AVC depending how you set it up. It takes patience. Most just want to bash right away and not use AVC.
Is AVC a necessity to bash? Absolutely not!
The DX2E with AVC is rather limited. I can see why users disable it. But when using my DX5C, I have full control over it. And it works depending on your rigs purpose and where you are bashing.
TH AVC is best for confined closed course technical driving. Which is not quite what bashing is all about.
SrC, your comment here was exactly what I was looking for. Fro my Kraton 6s, I've recently picked up a new motor, ESC, transmitter and receiver. (hobby star 1730, 8s spectrum 160a ESC, and the DX5C transmitter). I already own a spektrum smart battery.

I do have a question for you below, but first I want complement you on your knowledge in this forum. I too want to experiment with the AVC, but have been hearing a lot of negativity regarding its use case in BASHING. To me... I was thinking that the throttle limitation would be annoying... but the Steering part could be useful. This is why I chose the DX5C, because it has options to adjust these separately, rather then being forced to use both due to transmitter limitations. So... Its nice to hear someone point this out. On to my question. I picked up the transmitter, transmitter only... because I already picked up the SR6200A from a friend for a good deal.
Anyway...I see the SR6100AT on spektrums site for 10 dollars more then the SR6200A. The SR6100AT comes with some sort of extra wire, and two unique slots (in the receiver). the only bullet point that it has (in the product description) thats unique over the SR6200A, is that it says the following:

* Voltage sensor data port, voltage sensor included

So what is that all about, If I have a smart ESC does this wire/ feature even matter. I thought I was going to get telemetry data, battery life, motor temps, etc from my SR6200A, but now I questioning it. Should I pick up the SR6100AT?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back