Kraton Receiver issue with brand new kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pringle93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I just bought a brand new kraton 6s and was trying to bind my dx5 rugged transmitter to the spektrum sr315 receiver that comes with it stock. It worked for maybe a few seconds and then I noticed the esc flashing red and I had no steering or throttle. I attempted to re-bind the receiver but it would not react to any input or show any signs of working. I had another receiver in a different car that I was able to remove, it was a spektrum sr515 and I know it works fine. I got the transmitter to bind with this receiver and everything seem to be working but after I started to drive the same issue happens and now I’m pretty sure this receiver is junk as well. The esc is flashing red and the reviver is not lighting up at all, it won’t even go into the bind mode. The only difference this time is the steering keeps twitching like it’s getting input from something but the transmitter is definitely not working with receiver. Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe try calibrating the transmitter for throttle input. Then try with the stock transmitter instead to see if it's an issue with the reciever or it's the transmitter your trying to use.

Maybe try calibrating the transmitter for throttle input. Then try with the stock transmitter instead to see if it's an issue with the reciever or it's the transmitter your trying to use.
The stock receiver won’t even light up anymore like it’s dead and I have this transmitter set up for 3 other cars and use it often so I know it’s not that. I think the esc is causing the issue but it’s brand new so that seems unlikely.

The stock receiver won’t even light up anymore like it’s dead and I have this transmitter set up for 3 other cars and use it often so I know it’s not that. I think the esc is causing the issue but it’s brand new so that seems unlikely.
Try unplugging the servo and try again as sometimes if you have a bad servo it will cause issues with the reciever and sometimes brown it out.

Try unplugging the servo and try again as sometimes if you have a bad servo it will cause issues with the reciever and sometimes brown it out.
I gave that a try and I even plugged in a traxxas receiver and it started to stink like is was burning up. The traxxas receiver was acting really funny and I couldn’t get any throttle response. I’m really convinced the esc is bad

Try a completely different servo? Sometimes the servo is bad and tries to murder the receiver.
That’s a good idea that would explain the erratic steering. It did seem to kill the receiver after I was steering. I’ll give that a shot but I do have to buy a new receiver now I don’t have any left.

Back