Receiver issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintboy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Do threads get deleted on here after a couple of weeks?
I ve an old receiver without bec apparently so got power to battery slot.
When I plug ESC into channel 1 for throttle, the fan starts straightaway.
If l plug battery pack into ESC the on off switch just dims the fan speed and doesn't turn ESC off.
And motor not turning. Not very experienced so help is appreciated

No, threads do not get deleted, sometimes they will be merged.

Don't connect a battery with a modern ESC that has a BEC. You will damage either ESC or the battery.
Just plug in the ESC and enjoy the freedom.

No, threads do not get deleted, sometimes they will be merged.

Don't connect a battery with a modern ESC that has a BEC. You will damage either ESC or the battery.
Just plug in the ESC and enjoy the freedom.
That hasn't really helped. Shall l just buy a modern receiver and hopefully everything works?

You are misunderstanding. The BEC or battery elimination circuit is part of the ESC and is connected via the ESC wire automatically. Has nothing to do with a receiver.
By plugging in an extra receiver battery you are overloading the BEC which results in your symptoms. Do not plug in a receiver battery and everything will work as soon as you plug in your main battery.

Still don't get it.
Does ESC wire go into channel 1? Then ESC doesn't work. If l plug in external battery into battery slot fan works
IMG_20210423_174008_1.jpg

Still don't get it.
Does ESC wire go into channel 1? Then ESC doesn't work. If l plug in external battery into battery slot fan works
Right, iffy connection. ESC is working but motor doesn't turn. ESC keeps beeping rapidly

Ok, I misunderstood.

My guess, you have a bad ESC. I would assume that the receiver still works, with a battery plugged in and a servo, just to verify.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back