Receiver question for Dx5c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
I currently run Dx5c and I enjoy it it works good for what I need it to do was wondering what would be a good receiver to go with it. This is going into a limitless where it will be mainly for drag racing. I was looking at the SR6100at or the sr515. I think the 6100 would be better to run some fans for the motor.

Yep, more ports on the SR6100AT but for some reason, this one takes a while to detect the TX on start up, usually around 5-15 seconds and is pretty expensive

If they aren't already enabled for smart/telemetry, you can update the SR*15 series receivers with the SPMA3065 program cable

I was looking to run a dual fan setup that’s why I was looking at the 515.

just use a Y-cable to split the power. You can also tap power from an ESC’s fan output.

if you’re just looking for fan power, an SR215 will be fine and you can run the fans off the BATT port. No reason to pay for extra channels that you aren’t going to use.

just use a Y-cable to split the power. You can also tap power from an ESC’s fan output.

if you’re just looking for fan power, an SR215 will be fine and you can run the fans off the BATT port. No reason to pay for extra channels that you aren’t going to use.
I recently picked up a DC5C transmitter and unfortunately have to go through horizon support as the included receiver (SR6110AT) was D.O.A. Anyways... this is my first multi model memory TX and was hesitant on pulling the trigger at first as ide have to invest quite a bit of $ for spektrum receivers in order to truly take advantage of the multiple model memory(not crazy about the telemetry yet as I am usually bashing offroad and so far rather run with the AVC off and tbh I've got approx 8 arrma's that do not have the "smart" tech esc's receivers etc except for my V2 infraction). That said, I appreciate the info in reference to running additional cooling fans from the battery port of the sr215 receiver as I due tend to run fans but had trouble finding any decent info on whether or not that was OK to do on these newer spektrum receivers. My issue is that due to some recent esc issues(blx185 warranty replacement burned out 3 tactic RX's before any real running could be done?‍♂️) im honestly a bit unsure if I want to buy atleast 8 spektrum RX's, install them and trust that they will be worth all the $ just to have multi model memory with only really exception being the v2 infraction in which I've got the stock TX for still if decided to go with a different option or simply continuing to run stock TX/RX. One very big concern of mine that im hoping someone can help me out with is...the lower priced spektrum receivers which ide like to pick up multiple of in order to take advantage of the multi model memory(my #1reaaon for making a rather quick decision to buy in my LHS) is the fact that spektrum clearly states these rx's or NOT WATER RESISTANT at all. I rather not void warranty by waterproofing a bunch of the RX's before I know what they ate capable of withstanding etc etc especially 8f im buying/mod'ing a bunch of them at once. Now I'm obviously up in the air as to whether the DX5C was worth the investment all things considered and biggest interest being the model memory feature (if you didn't already notice ?) not so much all the smart tech atleast currently... does anybody have any input they would like to share as to whether investing in the lower end spektrum rx's are worth the $/buying and installing in approx 8 offroad arrma rigs that really take a punishment, are they very sensitive to water, are there any methods of mod'ibg the rx or even the stock 1/8 arrma Rx housing and all in all is spektrum dx5c + investing in many recievers really worth the $ for someone on a mid level budget(no baller basher here but normally try and shop smarter especially when buying hobby rc stuff that effects more than one rig such as buying decent lipos/charger not going cheap but not spending unnecessarily). So pretty much the TX can still be returned especially since I got a bad receiver out of the box about a month ago but haven't had the opportunity to use it much and could use some help either committing to the spektrum dx5c/reciecer situation and how to best make that work or scrap it all together for a better option for less $ or anything anyone's willing to share will certainly be appreciated as It just feels bizarre to not know if I'm making a good rc purchase/decision in which could potentially have a big effect on all my rc's...not just one(if that makes sense). Hope everyone's holiday went well and the new years treating everyone well. If you read all of this your awesome and 0rob ready to fall asleep but appreciate you for sure ?

I recently picked up a DC5C transmitter and unfortunately have to go through horizon support as the included receiver (SR6110AT) was D.O.A. Anyways... this is my first multi model memory TX and was hesitant on pulling the trigger at first as ide have to invest quite a bit of $ for spektrum receivers in order to truly take advantage of the multiple model memory(not crazy about the telemetry yet as I am usually bashing offroad and so far rather run with the AVC off and tbh I've got approx 8 arrma's that do not have the "smart" tech esc's receivers etc except for my V2 infraction). That said, I appreciate the info in reference to running additional cooling fans from the battery port of the sr215 receiver as I due tend to run fans but had trouble finding any decent info on whether or not that was OK to do on these newer spektrum receivers. My issue is that due to some recent esc issues(blx185 warranty replacement burned out 3 tactic RX's before any real running could be done?‍♂️) im honestly a bit unsure if I want to buy atleast 8 spektrum RX's, install them and trust that they will be worth all the $ just to have multi model memory with only really exception being the v2 infraction in which I've got the stock TX for still if decided to go with a different option or simply continuing to run stock TX/RX. One very big concern of mine that im hoping someone can help me out with is...the lower priced spektrum receivers which ide like to pick up multiple of in order to take advantage of the multi model memory(my #1reaaon for making a rather quick decision to buy in my LHS) is the fact that spektrum clearly states these rx's or NOT WATER RESISTANT at all. I rather not void warranty by waterproofing a bunch of the RX's before I know what they ate capable of withstanding etc etc especially 8f im buying/mod'ing a bunch of them at once. Now I'm obviously up in the air as to whether the DX5C was worth the investment all things considered and biggest interest being the model memory feature (if you didn't already notice ?) not so much all the smart tech atleast currently... does anybody have any input they would like to share as to whether investing in the lower end spektrum rx's are worth the $/buying and installing in approx 8 offroad arrma rigs that really take a punishment, are they very sensitive to water, are there any methods of mod'ibg the rx or even the stock 1/8 arrma Rx housing and all in all is spektrum dx5c + investing in many recievers really worth the $ for someone on a mid level budget(no baller basher here but normally try and shop smarter especially when buying hobby rc stuff that effects more than one rig such as buying decent lipos/charger not going cheap but not spending unnecessarily). So pretty much the TX can still be returned especially since I got a bad receiver out of the box about a month ago but haven't had the opportunity to use it much and could use some help either committing to the spektrum dx5c/reciecer situation and how to best make that work or scrap it all together for a better option for less $ or anything anyone's willing to share will certainly be appreciated as It just feels bizarre to not know if I'm making a good rc purchase/decision in which could potentially have a big effect on all my rc's...not just one(if that makes sense). Hope everyone's holiday went well and the new years treating everyone well. If you read all of this your awesome and 0rob ready to fall asleep but appreciate you for sure ?

What specific receivers ere you looking at? I thought their currently available ones were conformal coated internally already.

Also, I might have a spare "enter" key you can borrow. ;)
Going to go find some eye bleach now... lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back