Receiver/transmitter with telemetry, including GPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbullo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there!
I am awaiting my first Arrma any day now (postal service can't be fast enough :). I am thinking that my next upgrade should be a better radio. A lot of people recommend FlySky GT5, but I want proper telemetry, unless it costs an arm and a leg. Some radios give rpm, battery status etc. but I also want GPS data. Speed, lap times etc. preferably on the radio. Is there such a thing readily available?
One way around it is to use something like SkyRC GSM020, which connects to my iPhone, but then I have one more thing in the RC that need charging, can break etc. If it can be integrated to the radio it would be nice.
All suggestions are welcome!

There is no such animal in a radio. Asking for a bit much. GT5 a great radio, but still a budget radio at that. The Radiolink RC6GS V2 gives telem with the dual antenna Rx. (R7FG) It's in the GT5 price range and gives volt and signal telemetry. There is no GPS in radio's. Some radio's will give speed, but it is calculated with the rigs gearing, final drive ratios and tire rollout. Not as accurate as GNNS/GPS. If you want real speeds get a GPS meter. Don't be lazy and not want to charge your GPS meter. You never stated which Arrma rig your are getting. I guess if you are getting a Speed runner, like an Infr, Lim or Felony etc. I guess a GPS meter is important enough to have. Get used to charging batteries. Its just part of RC. 🤷‍♂️ I use the non APP version Sky RC meter and got a cheap padded GPS case for it on AMZ. I don't break mine anymore. Been through several GPS's prior. They get destroyed from bashing and crashing. Just the shock of bashing breaks them if not in a padded case. I removed the magnets from the GPS case ( adds needles weight) and use velcro straps to mount it to my Wing or even inside to the lipo tray straps. Depends what rig you have.

Amazon.com: Gorilla Box Heavy-Duty Waterproof Magnetic Stash Case for GPS Trackers & Spare Keys - Rust-Proof Magnet - Color-Matched to Car Chassis - (Standard Size)

Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
SkyRC have a good solution with connection to my phone. It is not laziness wanting to combine units, but 2 for 1 is always a good thing :)
The reason I want a gps is, well, I like to have the data, very simple really.
I have a granite blx v3, mounting the gps unit should be easy enough inside the vehicle. Thanks for the warning btw, I don’t want to destroy the gps. I’m gonna make sure it is mounted properly.
😊

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back