Reciever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadson26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. Talion
I have a arrma talion v3 I am having steering problems since a changed out my chassis to a M2C chassis. It wasn't wanting to turn if not turn at all. So I thought it could have been the servo going out. So I switched the servo and now my servo acts like there is no power going to it. My ESC runs, but my servo wont move at all now. What happened? How do I fix it?

Are you sure it's plugged into the number 1 slot on the receiver?

Attachments

• 20190323_232102.jpg
    20190323_232102.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 32
Disconnect the steering arm from the servo horn and see it the servo moves when you turn the steering. Remove this screw:
155516402737324422735.jpg

No, it doesn't move at all with nothing hooked up to the servo.
Well if there is power to the receiver and the dual rate on your radio isn't turned down it is either a dead steering channel (unlikely) or a dead servo (likely). The only other thing I can think of is the servo lead to the receiver got damaged when you swapped chassis. It's easy to pinch the wires and damage them. I've done it.

Well if there is power to the receiver and the dual rate on your radio isn't turned down it is either a dead steering channel (unlikely) or a dead servo (likely). The only other thing I can think of is the servo lead to the receiver got damaged when you swapped chassis. It's easy to pinch the wires and damage them. I've done it.
Ok. I don't see anything pinched. Here is a picture. Another set of eyes might see something. The servo is brand new. I purchased it awhile ago just to have an extra one.

Attachments

• 15551646193762053818686456542047.jpg
    15551646193762053818686456542047.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 42
Ok. I don't see anything pinched. Here is a picture. Another set of eyes might see something. The servo is brand new. I purchased it awhile ago just to have an extra one.
Do you have another to test to rule out things out?

So thay would fall under the warranty right?
Probably. Only one way to find out and that is to contact Horizon Hobby. There is a good chance they're going to want you to send it in for evaluation.do you have a receiver in another truck you can swap in just to make sure that is the problem?

It's plugged in wrong. The black wire goes to the outside edge of the receiver that is why it's not working properly.
1 to turn 2 to burn. Black to the outside.

Probably. Only one way to find out and that is to contact Horizon Hobby. There is a good chance they're going to want you to send it in for evaluation.do you have a receiver in another truck you can swap in just to make sure that is the problem?
Ok. No. I can take it to the hobby store by my house and see if they can test it. Thank you for your time. You have been a great help.

It's plugged in wrong. The black wire goes to the outside edge of the receiver that is why it's not working properly.
1 to turn 2 to burn. Black to the outside.
Nice catch @slick2500. @Gadson26, your esc plug is backwards, so it doesn't matter which way you plug in your servo. The plug in channel two needs to be turned around, then plug in your servo and try again.

Nice catch @slick2500. @Gadson26, your esc plug is backwards, so it doesn't matter which way you plug in your servo. The plug in channel two needs to be turned around, then plug in your servo and try again.
Great catch!!!! Man yall are good. Saved me a trip. Yall are the best. Thank you again for your time. It works now. Lol sorry new to this.

Great catch!!!! Man yall are good. Saved me a trip. Yall are the best. Thank you again for your time. It works now. Lol sorry new to this.
The first time I replaced my servo the same thing happened to me and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. Then when I saw it I was like :facepalm:

The first time I replaced my servo the same thing happened to me and it took me a while to figure out what was going on. Then when I saw it I was like :facepalm:
Hahahaha that's funny. I'm new to RC. I really enjoy it. I have replaced my chassis with the M2C one because the original one bent. So I'm in the process of tweaking everything. Just running into so much trouble. Lol your right, when you told me about turning them around I wanted to smack myself. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back