Granite Recommend a radio to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigVMN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I've been reading where people suggest getting a better radio/receiver right off. What are some good not too expensive models?

Gotcha. Is the only difference the number of channels? Why would I need 4, let alone 6?

Another vote for dumbo rc, to say the difference is night and day is an understatement.

If you want to add headlights/tail lights. But 3 channels is enough for ESC/servo and possibly a motor fan in the future.
Got it. Is the stock radio really that bad?
New transmitter/receiver is the number one recommended upgrade, many complain of a slight delay in the stock controller. I upgraded from the start, but you can drive the truck before you upgrade. Some people are fine with it.

I’m gonna have to dig my RC6GS back out and give it a test. I didn’t have good luck with mine, but it’s worth another shot if Phil is saying it’s worthy. I even have a bunch of Rx for it too.

I thought the standard STX2 was fine when i got my first Arrma. Then i saw the recommendations to upgrade, so I gave it a shot. Bought a FlySky GT5 (was available quickly here in the UK). The difference is incredible. Nothing even comes out the box now until I’ve replaced the radio!

Im going to vote FSGT5 as well. Lots of features for an unbeatable price.
D9A9C96A-97D3-452C-8D43-E978811BA99A.jpeg

Yeah another vote here for the flysky gt5 !
Brilliant radio for £55 off eBay!
Check out @razorrc reviews on YouTube!

I appreciate the recommendation, it just seems like overkill for basic bashing, and is more $ than I would want to spend. I would prefer not to have to spend for something better, as the vehicle should come with a system that's worthy.

I appreciate the recommendation, it just seems like overkill for basic bashing, and is more $ than I would want to spend. I would prefer not to have to spend for something better, as the vehicle should come with a system that's worthy.
Flysky gt5 is probably cheapest for spec your getting but if your after cheaper still then the Dumborc is the way to go (approx £30)... Whatever you do change the radio though!!. It might be fine for while & if you haven't any experience of RC radios then you may not see what all the fuss is about but trust us all... you won't look back if you upgrade & you always run the risk of lose of control using the stock!

I’m gonna have to dig my RC6GS back out and give it a test. I didn’t have good luck with mine, but it’s worth another shot if Phil is saying it’s worthy. I even have a bunch of Rx for it too.
Was yours the same as the picture online with 2 antennas? I think that is what makes it special for long distances.

Locally I can get a tactic ttx300 for $60, or if I can be patient and wait for delivery next Tuesday, the Dumborc x6 for $35. Thoughts?

Was yours the same as the picture online with 2 antennas? I think that is what makes it special for long distances.
No mine is a single antenna. I will have to see what the dipole antenna entails. Maybe I could adapt it to mine?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back