Kraton Recommend Battery Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I have been running my Kraton 4S with 2 5200 Mah(25 C discharge rate) lipo batteries.
I was looking for more power.

So I recently purchased a dynamite HighVoltage reaction lipo battery (5000 mah, 4S , 15.2v).

When I power up the RC, The wheels turn, but the car won’t go backward/forward (no movement). There is a green flashing light on the ESC.

I spoke with Horizon Hobbies tech support. They say the battery should work. I tried resetting the factory ESC settings in hopes this would help, but it didn’t.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the High Voltage battery, or which batteries to use for the Kraton 4S.

Thanks for your help.

For the 4s trucks, any 3 or 4 cell 5000mAh+ lipo with 35c minimun.

Last edited:
Looks like the voltage on the LiHV is too much for the ESC so it won't arm (4*4.35 instead of 4*4.2).
And HH support don't know what they're talking about.
Just my guess.

Thanks so much the information. That really helps me.

Note: you can charge the HV lipo to "normal" voltage (just use the regular lipo program) and then it should work. Maybe even a bit higher, 4.25 or 4.3 if you can set the cut-off voltage manually on your charger.

Yes, that worked. Thanks again for the help.

I have been running my Kraton 4S with 2 5200 Mah(25 C discharge rate) lipo batteries.
I was looking for more power.

So I recently purchased a dynamite HighVoltage reaction lipo battery (5000 mah, 4S , 15.2v).

When I power up the RC, The wheels turn, but the car won’t go backward/forward (no movement). There is a green flashing light on the ESC.

I spoke with Horizon Hobbies tech support. They say the battery should work. I tried resetting the factory ESC settings in hopes this would help, but it didn’t.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the High Voltage battery, or which batteries to use for the Kraton 4S.

Thanks for your help.
I found zeee brand 5200/50c 3s and 4s hardcase works good on the 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back