Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PayPal wont help. I had a site take the money and not send anything and all PayPal would say was to get a hold of the seller, even though that seller shut the whole site down so there was no way to get a hold of them. Was only 20 bucks but fiddlestick PayPal.
Thats weird... they were straight onto Banggood for me.. i sent several emails to banggood over a 4 week period asking where my refund was and got no response at all..

2 days after I notified Paypal of the issue the money was refunded.

Thats weird... they were straight onto Banggood for me.. i sent several emails to banggood over a 4 week period asking where my refund was and got no response at all..

2 days after I notified Paypal of the issue the money was refunded.
It's very weird since PayPal is supposed to be a safe way to pay. It was through the PayPal pre-paid card but PayPal's PayPal.

Do you mind me asking where you purchased it from? I’m hesitant to buy from this link.
SMC Racing. I've seen that link before but wasn't gone there. I've dealt with SMC many times, so it was a no brainer.

Yeah, this is kind of my point. The charger only makes 50w on ac, but he need about 65w-75w to make 1c for the batteries he has connected. But "It works Great!"... SMH...

But maybe I am too nice. . I see people coming on here all the time and recommending under power chargers. I'm sure they mean well, but for the guy that ends up wasting 100 or $200 on a charger that can't push one see into his batteries, well sucks for them.
I have the skyrc branded version of this same charger you are discussing here..

I only charge 2s batteries but have figured that if I was to get two 3s 5000mah batteries, like I intend on doing when my 6S Kraton arrives, that it would take a while to charge both at the same time with this charger... any idea how long?..

I’m thinking of getting one of these;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT...rger-Discharger-Lipo-Charger/32979226839.html

But some of the reviews say there is some software glitches with it that need ironing out and I’m not sure if they have been yet... and there is actually no apple store app for it yet even though they are advertising it as having one..

I was also looking at this one;

https://m.banggood.com/SKYRC-B6-Nan...MIsr2u6OXl4gIVBB2PCh0f9A8sEAMYASAAEgJYYvD_BwE

Mainly because, whilst my current Skyrc charger isn’t powerful enough, I do trust the skyrc brand.. just seems reputable and solid..

SMC Racing. I've seen that link before but wasn't gone there. I've dealt with SMC many times, so it was a no brainer.

So which model did you get? The D6 or D6 Plus? They are taking pre-orders on the Plus?

I was hoping to get a Bluetooth enabled charger for remote monitoring. I have a surveillance camera in my garage so I can see if anything major is going wrong, but I can’t read the little screen from that distance. Would be nice to have an app let me know when it’s time to bash ??

So which model did you get? The D6 or D6 Plus? They are taking pre-orders on the Plus?

I was hoping to get a Bluetooth enabled charger for remote monitoring. I have a surveillance camera in my garage so I can see if anything major is going wrong, but I can’t read the little screen from that distance. Would be nice to have an app let me know when it’s time to bash ??
I got the plus. Don't charge in the field. Wanted something for home without a dedicated power supply. If I need a PS down the road, I'll get one.
20190518_205756.jpg

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...one-wireless-charging-dc325w-x-2-uk-plug.html

Just ordered this ..

@olds97_lss
Thanks for the good explanation !
Was thinking to buy the turnigy reactor 300w at your advice but saw the d6 plus duo and for the long term it's better for me because the duo charge option.

Later on I will buy an power supply for it to get the full potential out of it, now only gonna use it in ac.

Only I've ordered the UK version cause the EU version was a backorder so I need an adapter but that's not a problem i suppose .

Hope the shipping goes fast

I have the skyrc branded version of this same charger you are discussing here..

I only charge 2s batteries but have figured that if I was to get two 3s 5000mah batteries, like I intend on doing when my 6S Kraton arrives, that it would take a while to charge both at the same time with this charger... any idea how long?..

I’m thinking of getting one of these;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT...rger-Discharger-Lipo-Charger/32979226839.html

But some of the reviews say there is some software glitches with it that need ironing out and I’m not sure if they have been yet... and there is actually no apple store app for it yet even though they are advertising it as having one..

I was also looking at this one;

https://m.banggood.com/SKYRC-B6-Nan...MIsr2u6OXl4gIVBB2PCh0f9A8sEAMYASAAEgJYYvD_BwE

Mainly because, whilst my current Skyrc charger isn’t powerful enough, I do trust the skyrc brand.. just seems reputable and solid..
Mat the one you are looking at isn’t a big step up from what you have for money you would be spending. If you want to stay with SkyRc the I would recommend the following charger....it’s what I use also BTW great charger. You will want more than 100w if you ever want to change a big 6s battery in a timely manner particularly at a 2c charge rate. If you buy this, a little further down the road you will be looking to upgrade it

https://m.banggood.com/SKYRC-D400-U...harger-Discharger-p-1091277.html?rmmds=search

Never used it yet.
I don’t see it listed as an option for the Hota? Are you sure it has the feature? I know it charges mobile phones, but I don’t see any mention of an app.

Edit: I see it on the pic of the box now

I don’t see it listed as an option for the Hota? Are you sure it has the feature? I know it charges mobile phones, but I don’t see any mention of an app.

Yeah it says scan with your smartphone to download. I never knew about this feature until I got it. I guess it's pretty cool, so I'll take it.

I bought myself a "SkyRC T200" couple weeks ago.. Does the job perfectly.. Small con, coolin fan is quite a noisy MF..

Features:

- 2 independent charging channels.
- 2x 100W charging power and maximum 12.0A charging current.
- 10 Battery memories.
- High-contrast LCD display.
- Easy operation.
- XT-60 connector on charging output.
- XH balancer connector.
- Various security monitoring.

Specifications:

- Input Voltage AC: 100V – 240V.
- Input Voltage DC: 11V 18V.
- Charge Circuit Power max: 2x 100W.
- Discharge Circuit Power max: 10W.
- Charge Current: 0.1A – 12.0A.
- Discharge Current: 0.1A – 2.0A.
- Balance Current max: 500mA.
- Cell Count: LiPo/LiFe/LiIon/LiHV 1s – 6s.
- Cell Count: NiMH/NiCd 1s – 15s.
- Pb Voltage: 2V – 20V.
- Weight: 850g.
- Dimension: 178x135x96mm.

Yeah, it’s a little bit confusing because some sites don’t mention or have any pictures showing that the charger has the app feature..

Yeah it says scan with your smartphone to download. I never knew about this feature until I got it. I guess it's pretty cool, so I'll take it.
So you are saying that you need to scan something that allows you to download the app?.. because that app can’t be found on the apple App Store as far as I have looked.. so maybe it’s only available to people that purchase one of the chargers..

Yeah, it’s a little bit confusing because some sites don’t mention or have any pictures showing that the charger has the app feature..

So you are saying that you need to scan something that allows you to download the app?.. because that app can’t be found on the apple App Store as far as I have looked.. so maybe it’s only available to people that purchase one of the chargers..
Like I said above, have not used charger yet. Someone asked about app and responded that on the box you can scan with your smartphone to download. Is there other ways, I don't know. Anyone who sells this charger probably can answer your question.

Like I said above, have not used charger yet. Someone asked about app and responded that on the box you can scan with your smartphone to download. Is there other ways, I don't know. Anyone who sells this charger probably can answer your question.
Cheers for the replies and info...

Seriously considering this charger.. like you say.. might have to send a few emails to sellers and get confirmation on exact specs..

Cheers for the replies and info...

Seriously considering this charger.. like you say.. might have to send a few emails to sellers and get confirmation on exact specs..
I know its a great charger. Some people on here has it and like it. Someone commented that while charging and being able to monitor the progress on phone was convenient feature. Got mine from smc-racing.net, send them a email, sure they'll answer all questions.
20190615_215847.jpg
20190615_215916.jpg

Here are some specs on box and manual if you want to call it that.

Last edited:
I know its a great charger. Some people on here has it and like it. Someone commented that while charging and being able to monitor the progress on phone was convenient feature. Got mine from smc-racing.net, send them a email, sure they'll answer all questions.
View attachment 40956View attachment 40957
Here are some specs on box and manual if you want to call it that.
Thank you for that...

I actually ended up sending the actual company Hota an email with a few questions... and they have just sent me a response to my questions. Not bad customer service considering it is a Sunday!..

Anyway.. they also let me know the phone app is available now for Android and will be out soon for Apple.. I’ve got an apple iPhone as my personal phone and a Samsung as a work phone.. so I can just load it up and use my work phone until the apple app is released.

Back