Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the reason for the firmware update?
I just updated it new out the box. No baseline to compare performance difference. Reading around, some stated more accurate balance circuit voltage reads. Can't confirm otherwise. My 6S lipos get along well with the Duo Pro and a PSU. .

That is one sweet charger.
Will it handle my 24V 400watt PSU? Whats the Max input voltage for this HTRC?' I dual charge 6S 6000mah 50C bricks.
Tempted to get it as a travel charger.
Been using the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro with the PSU with no issues.(Firmware updated)
Touch screen of this HTRC is great. (y) Nice review as always. To the point with no fluff.(y)
Probably. 12v.

That is one sweet charger.
Will it handle my 24V 400watt PSU? Whats the Max input voltage for this HTRC?' I dual charge 6S 6000mah 50C bricks.
Tempted to get it as a travel charger.
Been using the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro with the PSU with no issues.(Firmware updated)
Touch screen of this HTRC is great. (y) Nice review as always. To the point with no fluff.(y)

It's 11-18V only input on DC.
I love that charger, it's the one I use everyday at the track. 1 battery it can do 150W, which is plenty for up to 6S at 5.5A or so. 2 batteries will split 75W/75W, which is enough for 3S at about 5-6A.

Sorry I made a mistake, the watts are:

DC: 120/120
AC: 75/75, or up to 100/50 split.

So for 6S, not very good on AC, and decent on DC.

Last edited:
It's 11-18V only input on DC.

Sorry I made a mistake, the watts are:

DC: 120/120
AC: 75/75, or up to 100/50 split.

So for 6S, not very good on AC, and decent on DC.
Thanks for that info.
I just find that a 24v400w PSU and a 24vDC 2 channel capable charger is the sweet spot for my large 6S High Cap. bricks. I can even go 2c without any Voltage sagging.

Looking at running single 6S rather then 2x 3S but that does require me to add another charger.

Requirements:

Built in PSU and mains plug in

Available UK or EU

1x or 2x 6S charge ability (rather a decent single charger then a mid quality double)

Must be a decent and realisable piece of kit

Budget up to £300 ($360)

Thanks

Found this
https://www.banggood.com/ISDT-D2-20...-ISDT-FD-100-80W-6A-Discharger-p-1498399.html

Or

https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/default/hyperion-eos-0720i-net3-ad.html

(Unless I’m looking in the wrong places but there isn’t much over £150-£200 with AC/DC all in one chargers, seems most then step on seperate PSU and DC/DC charged)

Last edited:
I love that charger, it's the one I use everyday at the track. 1 battery it can do 150W, which is plenty for up to 6S at 5.5A or so. 2 batteries will split 75W/75W, which is enough for 3S at about 5-6A.

I had a question about this charger when i do a storage charge i set the amps at 5.2 (2s 5200 mah battery) should i be setting lower? I hit my storage charge 3.8 volts but it keeps charging. Should i set a limit in the settings because even though it hits the volts of 3.8 per cell it keeps charging up to the capacity. Am i good to stop once the cells show 3.8 or do i let it go? Am i suppose to manually stop it or should it beep and stop...like it does when i do a balance charge? Sorry if this doesn't make sense or i am not explaining myself clearly. I am new to Lipos.

I had a question about this charger when i do a storage charge i set the amps at 5.2 (2s 5200 mah battery) should i be setting lower? I hit my storage charge 3.8 volts but it keeps charging. Should i set a limit in the settings because even though it hits the volts of 3.8 per cell it keeps charging up to the capacity. Am i good to stop once the cells show 3.8 or do i let it go? Am i suppose to manually stop it or should it beep and stop...like it does when i do a balance charge? Sorry if this doesn't make sense or i am not explaining myself clearly. I am new to Lipos.
Storage charge should stop at 3.8-3.83 on it's own. Are you sure your in storage mode?

Right I’ve decided I need to got down the PSU route as the AC/DC chargers are not long term suitable!

I have access to this spec PSU which should be more then capable
750/1000w 25v 100amp

Charger wise I like the looks of icharger & ISDT it needs to be 6S capable at least and I will need the ability to discharge.

Seen the ISDT and seen the Q6 well reviewed but then how is the T6/T8 line?

My new set up
7C55E1DF-2799-48A5-9704-2F9E7DC8A0D0.jpeg

The guy custom builds them with loads of cool options but I just needed a basic highish power supply.

He even makes charging cases with these and iCharger/ISDT etc all built in, have a look at his site for some cool ideas

Some more pics
F9EF5815-8F05-400A-810A-DBBCAE70C2E8.jpeg
32B5987B-B56C-4CD2-B51F-B3FEB61B2EC6.jpeg
2CC83DD0-20E2-43D7-A11E-87434E2686DC.jpeg
6DFF8F61-B302-41E9-B850-49EBE8AAA6F3.jpeg

I got the plus. Don't charge in the field. Wanted something for home without a dedicated power supply. If I need a PS down the road, I'll get one.View attachment 40788

After going through this whole thread (whew!) and looking at my "current" needs and requirements, and giving myself some room for growth, I just ordered one of these.

Besides, I like the multicolor display.....:)

Back