Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the dynamite version. I've only used it to charge 2S and 3S lipo packs. I have an old NiMH/NiCAD charger I use for those and another charger (2x20/2x200W) I use for parallel charging.

The only pack it's going to have issues with is the 6S 5000mah pack as that needs 111W to charge at 1C. It won't be an "issue" really, but you will be charging it a hair under 1C.

I charge 4x5000mah and 4x6200mah 3S packs on mine and set the output to 10A on all 4. It doesn't reach 10A though as it hits the wattage limit, but it still does the job pretty quick.

Back when I used to use 2S packs in my 1/8th and 3S in my 1/10th:
2018-1027-ChargerRack01.jpg

Now I only use 3S packs in everything.
Awesome, Yea, I originally only bought the 3S's but I found a black friday deal on a 6S i couldn't pass up.

The guy at the store said it should take about 80 minutes to charge the 6S, which sucks, but I'll just have them all charged before going out and recharge the 3S's while the 6S is running in the Kraton.

I thought I would throw this in here.
I am ok with my Venom 4 channel charger (4x100 watts). It is not as powerful as I would like for 6s packs, but overall it is ok for my needs. The main function I find myself wanting for a nicer charger is when it comes to discharging the LiPo into storage voltage. Most of the lower end chargers discharge at 5 to 15 watts and virtually take all day to discharge a LiPo.
I believe a "Smart" dischargers will fill that gap for me. The iSDT FD-200 Smart discharger offers a mobile app to configure and allow monitoring from a distance, which is a nice function (y)
I will probably pick up in the next few months once I wrap up another project.

DischargerCapture.JPG

Does anyone have a better solution for discharging or does this sound pretty reasonable for 80 ish bucks?

I thought I would throw this in here.
I am ok with my Venom 4 channel charger (4x100 watts). It is not as powerful as I would like for 6s packs, but overall it is ok for my needs. The main function I find myself wanting for a nicer charger is when it comes to discharging the LiPo into storage voltage. Most of the lower end chargers discharge at 5 to 15 watts and virtually take all day to discharge a LiPo.
I believe a "Smart" dischargers will fill that gap for me. The iSDT FD-200 Smart discharger offers a mobile app to configure and allow monitoring from a distance, which is a nice function (y)
I will probably pick up in the next few months once I wrap up another project.

View attachment 58917

Does anyone have a better solution for discharging or does this sound pretty reasonable for 80 ish bucks?
I've been looking at those iSDT dischargers and they should do the trick just fine. Most of the time though I only discharge my unused lipos after I'm done for the day, so I don't really care how long it takes. Probably why I haven't bought one yet.

I've been looking at those iSDT dischargers and they should do the trick just fine. Most of the time though I only discharge my unused lipos after I'm done for the day, so I don't really care how long it takes. Probably why I haven't bought one yet.
I have the same feeling. Fast discharging is more of a luxury than a need at this point.

I have the same feeling. Fast discharging is more of a luxury than a need at this point.
It really becomes easy with the SkyRC discharge tho. Small price to pay to be able to run them down quickly.

I use the ISDT FD100 discharger and really like it. If my car breaks I use it to discharge my remaining batteries. It beeps quite loud when done and then shuts off, perfect!

FYI, rcjuice has a decent 4x100w/4x10A charger on sale for $140:
https://www.rcjuice.com/chargers-ac...4-ac-dc-quad-output-lipo-balance-charger.html

I have the Dynamite version of that and it does really well with 3S/5000mah packs and 2S 7200-9500mah packs as that's all I've charged on it. Since it's 100W, it tops out on watts when you try charging larger capacity/cell count packs, but does pretty good just the same. Been running my dynamite one for over 3 years and I run it at 10A on all 4 ports every time I use it.

The only thing I read about that was iffy was the power switch breaking. I've never shut mine off as I have it plugged into a power strip and I use that to turn on/off my chargers.

Not saying it's identical, but the specs and location of everything on it appears the same as my dynamite:
2018-1027-ChargerRack01.jpg

That was when I used to run 2x2S in my 6S trucks. I now run 2x3S in all of them and 3S in my smaller 1/10th trucks. I use that charger to charge 4x3S 5000mah hrb and 4x3S 6200mah Hobbystar packs.

That's a nice rack to hold the gear. I should tinker up something like that.
I have limited space for this stuff, so I had to make something when I got the second charger. The 1x10 base is screwed to the top of that cabinet from underneath in a few places to give the thin plastic top rigidity and to keep it from falling over.

Not sure if I should start a new thread some where else, but I need a 2 channel charger. On the fence of the Hota D6 pro dual ac/dc. Or should I get 2, ISDT q6 pro's and a power supply. I don't know the reliability of these. Currently running a hitec rdx1. Other than the fan mount breaking, its been a good unit.

Not sure if I should start a new thread some where else, but I need a 2 channel charger. On the fence of the Hota D6 pro dual ac/dc. Or should I get 2, ISDT q6 pro's and a power supply. I don't know the reliability of these. Currently running a hitec rdx1. Other than the fan mount breaking, its been a good unit.

I'm going to grab this one. It gets great reviews, and has free returns for Prime members.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQ9K5V7/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_sbhiEb7CS3FA0

I just picked up a Hota D6+ a couple weeks ago and it is an amazing charger. Nice small compact powerfull charger that is easy to use and navigate.

Back