Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can still charge them, it’ll just be a little slower. For $20+ more, I’d rather get the Hota D6+ so you can charge them at a normal rate
Would I be able to charge the 4s and 6s at the same time?
So those other chargers I listed would work but just very slow?

Would I be able to charge the 4s and 6s at the same time?
So those other chargers I listed would work but just very slow?
I tried reading the manual and I couldn't find anything about charging 2 different ones. Found something about charging the same battery with copying settings.

Hi Everyone! New again to this hobby and I am starting with a Venom Pro Quad LiPo 4 port (100W each) charger for home use. Was wondering if anyone had recommendations for chargers used out and about that can be used in my vehicle (SUV) while out bashing.

Hi Everyone! New again to this hobby and I am starting with a Venom Pro Quad LiPo 4 port (100W each) charger for home use. Was wondering if anyone had recommendations for chargers used out and about that can be used in my vehicle (SUV) while out bashing.

You can use the venom with your SUV, you need a DC power cable to do it. I can’t remember if this charger came with one though.
One caveat......this charger is a PITA if you want to charge larger capacity 4S or bigger batteries. Example: a 4S, 7200mah battery requires around 125 watts of power to charge at 1C (7.2A) whereas a 4S, 5500mah uses just under 100 watts. It take a long time for me to charge my 7200 mah batts. 2 hours sometimes.....it sucks.
What batteries do you plan on buying?

cheers,
kev

I use an HTRC-H150 AC/DC Duo and iSDT q6+ in my car. Wired them directly to the battery in my trunk. I had to take the charger apart to put a high current switch in the DC line... I really should have put it in the cable, don't know why I did that.

The HTRC isn't the best, but it's 12A/150W x 2, which covers what I do with enough headroom (3S 5000mah - 6200mah)

If shipping wasn't so expensive, I'd suggest the Revolectrix GT1200 and get a parallel board. They only sell those out of their Singapore store now... not sure why.

Actually, there's a GT1200 on ebay for $150:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revolectri...S-Multichemistry-Battery-Charger/224115751168

That will likely charge whatever you got and then some, even in parallel. At 12V, it will do 600W/40A. 1200w with 24V+ input.

The GT500's aren't bad, I have 2 of those in my house running off a 24V PSU. It only does 250W/20A at 12V, you get the 500 when you bump up the voltage to 24+. I got them when there was still stock in the US. So far, they have been very easy to use. I charge pairs of 3S lipo's in parallel on each at 15A. They seem to do a nice job and are pretty quick.

I use an HTRC-H150 AC/DC Duo and iSDT q6+ in my car. Wired them directly to the battery in my trunk. I had to take the charger apart to put a high current switch in the DC line... I really should have put it in the cable, don't know why I did that.

The HTRC isn't the best, but it's 12A/150W x 2, which covers what I do with enough headroom (3S 5000mah - 6200mah)

If shipping wasn't so expensive, I'd suggest the Revolectrix GT1200 and get a parallel board. They only sell those out of their Singapore store now... not sure why.

Actually, there's a GT1200 on ebay for $150:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revolectri...S-Multichemistry-Battery-Charger/224115751168

That will likely charge whatever you got and then some, even in parallel. At 12V, it will do 600W/40A. 1200w with 24V+ input.

The GT500's aren't bad, I have 2 of those in my house running off a 24V PSU. It only does 250W/20A at 12V, you get the 500 when you bump up the voltage to 24+. I got them when there was still stock in the US. So far, they have been very easy to use. I charge pairs of 3S lipo's in parallel on each at 15A. They seem to do a nice job and are pretty quick.
Was curious how you like your power supply? I was considering using lipo connection solutions to make a power supply for a icharger 4010duo. Would like to be able to use everything the charger has to offer.

Was curious how you like your power supply? I was considering using lipo connection solutions to make a power supply for a icharger 4010duo. Would like to be able to use everything the charger has to offer.
Sent you a PM. They worked fine, but were noisy.

How fast would the hota d6+ Charge 2x 3s 5000mah or even 2x 6s lipo? Are the balance boards a must?

Hi folks I’m a completely beginner when it comes chargers and battery’s, But what I need to know is how do you folks charge your battery’s when your away from home in your car, I’m reading threw this post to try understand. So do I need a charger that is dc capable then hook that up to my car battery with alligator clips or is there more to it.

This is what I'm using. It works great. Bluetooth controls through my phone are cool too.
20201007_120756.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/HTRC-Charger...787650360601&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0
Can you guys help me out I am trying to figure out if this charger can a charge a 6s battery, some reviews say it can and others say it won't. Thanks!
What brand and connector are your batteries? The reason I ask is that I have a charger like this and I recently purchased the Spektrum SMART charger for around $30 more. Although I take advantage of the technology it can still charge my other batteries.

Yes it can, I use it to charge my 6S all the time.
Yeah, I watched your video on it thanks!
What brand and connector are your batteries? The reason I ask is that I have a charger like this and I recently purchased the Spektrum SMART charger for around $30 more. Although I take advantage of the technology it can still charge my other batteries.
I am going to be using an HRB 6000 mah 50c 6s lipo EC5.

I have an Onyx 245 dual charger and looking to upgrade with one that has storage mode. Anyone has good recommendation?

Back