Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure there's info on here.... But I figure I'd throw this question out there again. I'm an oldie who's becoming a newbie again. Im currently using the old MRC rb 465 charger from the days of late 80's early 90's.
Looking for a charger that will do my Nimh packs and the LiPo's I will eventually have!!!
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks!

How to choose an RC LiPo charger
Check out the HTRC line, get one with the highest output on AC. I have the single model with 150W that can go up to 7A charge for 3s. Keep in mind that dual output chargers share their total output.
I think they have a 200W dual charger model now.

I don't think your charging game is up to spec........................................said no one ever😮
Also have these wired up in my car:
2019-0420-ChargingInMyTrunk02-Closeup.jpg

But honestly, I haven't used my car chargers in a long time. Used to use them more when I had friends to bash with that only had a single set of packs. Bashing alone, after running nearly non-stop for 2 hours with the packs I take with me, I'm done for the day and head home.

I got the isdt q8 max very happy so far I use a parallel board and can charge 4 6s 6000 in under an hour. U just need a 30amp 24v. Power supply

I don't think your charging game is up to spec........................................said no one ever😮
I kind of went overboard the other day and had a couple packs also parallel charging on my isdt q6 pro. Ended up not using them, ran out of time.

2021-0313-24vPSU-HP-DPS-1200FB-1A-PluggedIn-2xGT500-1xISDTq6.jpg

So far, it was the most amps I was pulling out of the PSU's at one time. 15A on both GT500's and 12A on the iSDT q6. The quad charger runs off AC/DC, so I just plug it into the wall on it's own.

I kind of went overboard the other day and had a couple packs also parallel charging on my isdt q6 pro. Ended up not using them, ran out of time.

2021-0313-24vPSU-HP-DPS-1200FB-1A-PluggedIn-2xGT500-1xISDTq6.jpg

So far, it was the most amps I was pulling out of the PSU's at one time. 15A on both GT500's and 12A on the iSDT q6. The quad charger runs off AC/DC, so I just plug it into the wall on it's own.
Your place is the kind the DEA flags for potentially being a grow op lol.

I primarily use a Tenergy TB6B single charger, which as been high on the list of recommended chargers for years. I like the fact that is has storage and a discharge modes. I have a couple of the newer Traxxas iD batteries, and I have an adapter that works great for them.

I primarily use a Tenergy TB6B single charger, which as been high on the list of recommended chargers for years. I like the fact that is has storage and a discharge modes. I have a couple of the newer Traxxas iD batteries, and I have an adapter that works great for them.
What recommended list of chargers? I could never honestly recommend that someone buy an overpriced B6 copy, let alone a real B6 charger. The B6 charger has been around forever and is as basic as they come. So many better charger options out there.

I'm very happy with my new setup. Rocking an ISDT K2 charger and SP2417 PSU.

I like the charger for many reasons. Intuitive interface, easy to firmware update, AC and DC power input options, balances cells well, shows IR, compatible with Smart batteries if that's your thing (it's not my cup of tea), easy to operate with nice tactile buttons for each channel, can parallel charge at 800W.

The PSU is well priced for the quality you receive and ease plus safety of use. It's not the most powerful but at 400W it has plenty of power to charge 2 x 6S batteries at or above a 1C rating.

The price for the combo comes in substantially cheaper than other chargers with similar or in some cases, poorer performance.

Also have the ISDT FD100 which is an 80W discharger and the battery checker too. Makes for a nice and highly capable suite of tools to take care of your lipos.

IMG20210409151236.jpg

I'm very happy with my new setup. Rocking an ISDT K2 charger and SP2417 PSU.

I like the charger for many reasons. Intuitive interface, easy to firmware update, AC and DC power input options, balances cells well, shows IR, compatible with Smart batteries if that's your thing (it's not my cup of tea), easy to operate with nice tactile buttons for each channel, can parallel charge at 800W.

The PSU is well priced for the quality you receive and ease plus safety of use. It's not the most powerful but at 400W it has plenty of power to charge 2 x 6S batteries at or above a 1C rating.

The price for the combo comes in substantially cheaper than other chargers with similar or in some cases, poorer performance.

Also have the ISDT FD100 which is an 80W discharger and the battery checker too. Makes for a nice and highly capable suite of tools to take care of your lipos.

View attachment 138391
I use ISDT can't fault the charger I have, they make great products 👍🏼

ISDT chargers are great. I used them to charge my airsoft LiPos all the time.

For RC I use the S1200 G2 charger cause it's great just to plug my G1 and G2 smart batteries in and not have to even push a button. I wish I had ponied up for the S2200 though, since I run 2x 3S batteries for 6S.

Currently getting back into the game and Lipo batteries are new to me (had Nitro when I was younger).
This is a great site and was extremely helpful when I was researching what I needed.
From researching, it seems like the Hota chargers are a good brand that are reliable and durable...
I just bought some Gen Ace S2 5200 basher series batteries
And I decided to order the Hota H6 Pro, what are everyone's thoughts are on it, and wondering if I made the right choice?

Back