Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ISDT K2.

Dual Battery charger with great features, ease of use, and plenty of power with both AC and DC options.

I still recommend the HOTA, get it from SMC but no idea if you are in the US.

SkyRC T200 would be a hard pass for me, ancient technology and only 100W, still not good enough for 6S. You want 150W/channel.

The D260 is a more modern design, at least not 20 years old like the T200 in a different package. It's 'close enough' to the desired 150W/channel which you will need for a decent charge rate for any 6S above 5000mAh.

ISDT would be my 2nd choice, they are rebranded for Spektrum and have good technology.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=541

I'm sure there's info on here.... But I figure I'd throw this question out there again. I'm an oldie who's becoming a newbie again. Im currently using the old MRC rb 465 charger from the days of late 80's early 90's.
Looking for a charger that will do my Nimh packs and the LiPo's I will eventually have!!!
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks!

How to choose an RC LiPo charger
If you are looking at smart chargers, I picked up the Spectrum S150 for $30 which will charge smart and regular Li-Pos. However, it doesn't storage charge. A more advanced version is required which is what I'm planning to upgrade to. Maybe the S2100 or S2400.

Get the Hota D6+ posted above. I've just got into FPV and I parallel charge x4 1300mah 6s batteries on each channel which is essentially the same as charging a single 5200 mah 6s Kraton battery. Using a pair of the Luminere Paraguard 4 way parallel charging board.

any Uk Members know of a UK supplier for the Hota D6+?? Amazon has it at £120 but it's only 2/3's that price from the usual suspects :/ from Chinese websites? I just want it NOW :/ pretty please?

Thanks for trying Brian, but unfortunately they drop ship from Bangood :( They were all I could find last night too, just hoped someone might have an LHS that dealt with them (HOTA) ...

It's my own fault I should have just made up my mind and bought it from China weeks ago, but I was still stuck in two minds which way to go as I fancied ISDT and Dell/HP server Power supply route, potentially boxing/packaging it up in a transportable case, but my quick look yesterday on the server Power supplies is the space 'like everything else 'has been invaded with 'Miners' , so the more guaranteed routes to quality seemed much more expensive than they are in all the tutorials, etc. from a few years ago..

So I flopped back to option one which was the Highly fancied Hota D6+ as I figured I could still go Server power supply at a later date when I have more time to double its capabilities, whilst adding a Q8 or similar to fulfill the transportable role if I stick around and expand my collection.

This post was a last-ditch effort to save £40 before plumping for Amazon Next day :/ I use Amazon a lot for the convenience, but when you're paying a premium of 33% or 50% depending on your point of view, it doesn't sit well, but weighed against the potential for extra delay and having the batteries actually sitting here too I think I'm going to stump up and try and forget about the fact I could have saved £40+

Thanks for trying Brian, but unfortunately they drop ship from Bangood :( They were all I could find last night too, just hoped someone might have an LHS that dealt with them (HOTA) ...

It's my own fault I should have just made up my mind and bought it from China weeks ago, but I was still stuck in two minds which way to go as I fancied ISDT and Dell/HP server Power supply route, potentially boxing/packaging it up in a transportable case, but my quick look yesterday on the server Power supplies is the space 'like everything else 'has been invaded with 'Miners' , so the more guaranteed routes to quality seemed much more expensive than they are in all the tutorials, etc. from a few years ago..

So I flopped back to option one which was the Highly fancied Hota D6+ as I figured I could still go Server power supply at a later date when I have more time to double its capabilities, whilst adding a Q8 or similar to fulfill the transportable role if I stick around and expand my collection.

This post was a last-ditch effort to save £40 before plumping for Amazon Next day :/ I use Amazon a lot for the convenience, but when you're paying a premium of 33% or 50% depending on your point of view, it doesn't sit well, but weighed against the potential for extra delay and having the batteries actually sitting here too I think I'm going to stump up and try and forget about the fact I could have saved £40+

I remember when I needed an airsoft charger I bought a DC ISDT charger and got a Dell power supply from Goodwill and cut the plug off and put a plug the fit the ISDT. It worked really well to bo honest.

@IWANTBLUE ....

You could try one of these... 🤔

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...D=80914&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hota-p6...D=86119&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

I personally use ISDT charger, the P20 and P30 are supposed to be very good 👍 I was thinking myself of upgrading to the P30..
https://www.isdt.co/hobby?lang=en
I've plumped for the next day delivery and will just not think about it.... (Hota D6+)
I was heading towards an ISDT previously as that's what I just fancied really, for the tech, the actual models are all really clean and 'sexy', but the bigger power jobbies all required a PS, and I hadn't done enough research to be happy I was getting a decent one at the right price, (the fabled £20-£30 PSU's seemed to be more like £50-£80each? and time was of the essence as I have the batteries and the Transmitter is en-route :p
But as I mentioned I figured the D6+ gives me more than enough initially for a one model, two pairs of batteries set-up, but I fear I will be adding to these quite quickly, so a PSU at a later date, potentially in a carry case with an ISDT would act as a portable stand-alone case whilst allowing the D6+ to more than double in capability.

Thanks for the ideas/info guys, had I not wasted so much time faffing about I might well have gone P30 and PSU , not that it's needed now, but I prefer not to keep upgrading when the higher grade stuff is in reach without going too mad, but I'm sure I'll be happy with the D6+ from all the high praise I've seen.

Amazon prime so i'm waiting with bated breath :p
that was kinda the deal swinger, to be honest.... being next day stopped me worrying about the lipo's and means that side of things is just plain taken care of in the short term.

and it's arrived... much smaller than i had imagined.... it looks to be sooo much bigger than the smaller Hota's and clones/family of chargers. but it's still dinky...

Last edited:
Can any of you Hota D6+ owners point me at the User manual please, and or how to install the App? I have the apk downloaded but how to open/run the apk? but manual would be handy first off as mine is in Chinese :/

Can any of you Hota D6+ owners point me at the User manual please, and or how to install the App? I have the apk downloaded but how to open/run the apk? but manual would be handy first off as mine is in Chinese :/
You just navigate to the file on your phone wherever you put it, like with the "my files" utility. Click on it, and I believe it will ask if you want to open with the installer.

Usually the my files utility can sort by most recent written if unsure where it is on phone.

You just navigate to the file on your phone wherever you put it, like with the "my files" utility. Click on it, and I believe it will ask if you want to open with the installer.

Usually the my files utility can sort by most recent written if unsure where it is on phone.
Thanks, yeah I'd tried that but it's not playing ball :( hence the question:/

Over a choice of files from the APK, and have tried extracting to the phone cloud files which results in similar files, can't seem to find the auto run option or file?

Last edited:
http://www.hota-exp.com/?t=en

Manual etc.
http://www.hota-exp.com/index.php/service_l_2.html

Haven't installed the app in a while and really never use it.

Apple, should install via store.

Android, you have to enable 3rd party apps downlaod apk and open it manually

Older thread, I believe they finally fixed the extensions.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hota-d6-owners.23923/#post-331274
Thanks for these.... I had already found the manual as I realised in my panic I had forgotten to just go where it said on the box :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm struggling with my phone possibly due to it being Huawei, and it seems 3rd party launcher may have been done away within a recent update, so mre research required but I feel a little less silly not being able to find it now...

has anyone actually used factory settings mode? does that return to Chinese? or to English? I fear the answer may be Chinese LOL

Why would you reset? Probably chinese by default.
because it's in Chinese.... and i didn't read how to change the , language in the manual?
because it's in Chinese.... and i didn't read how to change the , language in the manual?
I got brave and guessed that the Chinese was written exactly as in the English version and selected what was obviously "language" in Chinese.... but as I previously couldn't read it, I couldn't see the point in just blindly pressing buttons, but if I had blindly just pressed it once, it would have shown the English option in languages.... I just didn't know it was 'languages .... I basically didn't want to change things I didn't know what they were and make things worse, but I'm there now thankyou..

Last edited:
Back