Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah a lot of guys on here use it as well.

Not sure how the Q8 is but I would not buy the Q6 Nano, it is very tedious to use as it only has 2 buttons. :rolleyes:

That meanwell unit that @jondilly1974 posted above looks to be a good unit.

This is another option as well since the one on Amazon appears to be out of stock https://www.ebay.com/itm/254948597637?hash=item3b5c1edf85:g:W8MAAOSwQ8BfkWJU

I have a unit like this, it's only 12v but it does the job if you do the buy it now you will get a silver 750w (63 amp) no USB https://www.ebay.com/itm/124488532487?_trkparms=aid=1110010&algo=HOMESPLICE.DISCCARDS&ao=1&asc=233310&meid=eb6d0154ab1b4b1199a2f4ae32ccff59&pid=101110&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=254948597637&itm=124488532487&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2563228&algv=default&_trksid=p2563228.c101110.m1982&amdata=cksum:124488532487eb6d0154ab1b4b1199a2f4ae32ccff59|enc:AQAGAAAB8CJueLfNiDXCI4InMY78VuRKFQgHgQZNQBDFJrG2Hk0jcbqQ%2BRr46CchsItqbhE%2Bs3eG7DhKftF8K8%2BwajNGMTdHUw78gKenBKmhQhalEC1xdVVFLWDASDEh6d5FMK9s3BwIgEEBdagqOyZJZoqIbt2AMsJLcMw4JxK9IWYbOSEYdC0Ag8uOm1XJQE0%2BDNDYBzu2MIORv0uYFeaZvaUmVbq7E52jc%2BzCeGzo0h%2FIjGTCVNVoRxUnOcEtZ94kRoKXp20Dhr2gfruSYyHChY63FFlStMtXgpEgtiIxcCWOyMleU9FqZuA17W%2FeKsC1VTybWgdl7jQKz3JBQS6jel3G%2FibkrmGwcVrCF%2F8iaccNbv%2FYM0lj8RszvYjn5m9VFrieFR2NrQWljoK7zXkEJhInknvf3S%2B6wLWQzELqiq9A5XKstAHs48RqjsDafuSzmLyH7jhzruKjgel049BuLoFuVv4rwMV8Pw%2F%2FIhlD15ZOVHgl5CYiGm5D35DmTyjeOQOypIxBdHmJhu1fSwoEg1N9aiQIig5aT%2BsApiFZd1rrB2WsSa8ibsiVvNUMqeaeOrCWgTYjYV%2FoXSDrw8XXUoA8FtFGIGDRlXSaFKTCAaMhptMO%2F9Pbbez8YqZlgEjswmveREkB8xNXcXOAFpNPxc2R9J8%3D|ampid:pL_CLK|clp:2563228
The Q8 only has up/down and enter buttons on a touchscreen, but to be honest it doesn’t need anything more. It’s a small square shape and is super easy to pack away and take with me. I use extra sets of lipos to top off on the road.

It's a good one but it's only 200W on AC, not recommended for 6S/5000mAh unless you are ok with longer charge times.
On DC power it's the way to go.

I'm really liking the specs on this Hota D6+ you recommend and the price is perfect also. I was also reading on the net and I see alot of drone guys/gals use this brand especially the drone racers.

https://www.racedayquads.com/produc...1VGvW-kTf1RK6DhJqQeg1jkb2Pk1v5nBoCjT0QAvD_BwE
Been very happy with mine, I charge 8 drone batteries ( x4 per port) on the regular which is roughly the same as two 6s +5000mah batteries with plenty of wattage on AC. Having all that wattage capable on AC is great another is the "balance current" capability. This is a feature that is lacking on the older chargers and what makes balancing that last 100% when the current has to safely throttle down during the balance cycle.

It's a good one but it's only 200W on AC, not recommended for 6S/5000mAh unless you are ok with longer charge times.
On DC power it's the way to go.
200w is plenty to charge a 5000mah 6s at 1c as you only need 126w to do that.

200w is plenty to charge a 5000mah 6s at 1c as you only need 126w to do that.
Fair enough, I was thinking dual channel and 2 Lipos attached, that is 252W and it will throttle the charging.
This charger is capable of 200W on one channel though and yes that is plenty.
By all means it's a good charger just not something that can support more Lipos (6S) without taking a hit on charger time.
Won't be an issue with 4S and lower.

Fair enough, I was thinking dual channel and 2 Lipos attached, that is 252W and it will throttle the charging.
By all means it's a good charger just not something that can support more Lipos (6S) without taking a hit on charger time.
Good to know!

Well it could get him going for now and he could always get a DC psu later on.

I'm looking for a charger for 4 large batteries and seems the pool of chargers available gets really small once you go that way.
Hota T6 Turbo looks great but it's not available anywhere, and seems europe gets shafted even more when it comes to that level of chargers.
I already have the skyrc Q200 but it obviously starts lacking when you give it multiple 6000mah plus batteries.

I'm looking for a charger for 4 large batteries and seems the pool of chargers available gets really small once you go that way.
Hota T6 Turbo looks great but it's not available anywhere, and seems europe gets shafted even more when it comes to that level of chargers.
I already have the skyrc Q200 but it obviously starts lacking when you give it multiple 6000mah plus batteries.
You could get a really high wattage single or dual charger and para charge with it.
https://www.progressiverc.com/colle.../products/safe-parallel-board-for-jst-xh-xt90

Yeah I could but I'm not a fan of the parallel charging thing,, just doesn't feel safe to me.

Not aware of a 4x charger that is actually capable at 150W/port.
I would recommend multiple 2 port chargers instead. You can always power them off a single DC supply if it's capable enough.

It seems there are few 4 port ones but most are out of stock. Seems weird to me, one would think there is a market for 4 battery chargers due to 8s and 6s rc's being pretty popular.

At this level of power the only solution is a big power supply and multiple small DC charger.

Maybe a 600W power supply like this and then connect in parallel as much chargers as you want.

It seems there are few 4 port ones but most are out of stock. Seems weird to me, one would think there is a market for 4 battery chargers due to 8s and 6s rc's being pretty popular.
Your money ahead by breaking it up into 2 port chargers anyway. Then if one dies, your not out the cost of a massive 4 port charger. Just a massive 2 port. :)

I started with a crappy 2 port, then got a 10Ax4/100Wx4 4 port. Was charging only 2S 7200-9000mah at the time, so it was enough for 4 packs at 1C with what I had then. Now I have that charger still and 2 revolectrix GT500's (20A/500W @24v) that I use. I parallel charge 2x3S, 2x4S and 2x6S (all 5000-6200mah) on the GT500's at 15A (1.5C mostly). If I didn't have the revolectrix already, I'd probably just get a couple of the hota d6+ chargers. On 24V DC, those would cover what I do. Well, those with the 4x100w/4x10A would cover what I do. So, if I didn't have any chargers, I could get 3 of them and still have a bit of room for growth if I continued to parallel charge stuff.

Last edited:
I bought a Hota D6 off the SMC site and got a good deal on it. So far happy with the way it charges. Went from a Venom Pro which struggled to charge the 2 and 3 cell batteries. And the Hota seems to charge fairly quickly.

Yeah I could but I'm not a fan of the parallel charging thing,, just doesn't feel safe to me.
There is a learning curve with Balance boards. Much room for error if you don't understand them. And NEVER use the crappy cheap balance boards. They fry up and don't have any fusible link. Been there. An ISDT or J. Bardwell bal. board are pretty much the best IMHO. The Quad Crowd use them. They need to charge many lipos for their race quad day that only run for 4-5 minutes at a time. But their quads use smaller capacity lighter lower volt lipos.
Balance board charging still requires enough Watts to charge fast. Or you are wasting time anyway.

So if i'm planning on charging two 6s 6000mAh or greater batteries at the same time, would this be any good?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hota-f6...D=86535&indexName=hbk_live_products_analytics

I'm used to Nitro, so all this battery stuff is completely new to me.
Its 4 channel meaning you can do 4 packs at once. Dc only though which is understandable since it has a high output. You will need a power supply to run it. Or use a deep cycle marine battery if your at the track. Do you need the 4 channel vs 2 channel?

Back