Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we talking radio AA too? Miboxer C4. Can adjust current each channel, or all at once and shows status.

Takes AA and AAA with a spring system.For batterys all EBL's, a lot swear by eneloops. Converted all remotes in the house to EBL's too.

View attachment 178354
I use an Intellicharge for my 18650 cells. All my LED flashlights run them. Does all my Enelopes too.

@stevewhat get the D6+, you won't need an external power supply. You could add one if needed but based on your Lipos that won't be necessary.
Once you go beyond 6S/ ~ 7000mAh it might be worth revisiting.
I got the d6+ yesterday and was able to charge each of my 6s 7000mah lipo at 6.5 mah and took about only 38 minutes to fully charge from storage, this thing is amazing!

Consider a $30 higher investment into one of the best chargers out there and the HTRC is not a good deal imho.
Yes, will work just fine for anything 3S or low power 6S applications, only has 75W per channel.

Hello Everyone. Can you guys recommend me a good multi-battery Charger (multi chemistry also, I will have NEW LiPo's and my original HiMH from my MEGAs). This will be my first charger purchase so I'd like to get one that would grow as we buy more/better batteries. I currently just bough 2x Zeee 2s/50c/5200mAh/7.4v/38.48Wh batteries.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to charge 4 (or at least 2) batteries at a time. I would like to do AC charging, but if you recommend me one that is DC and know of a AC power supply that can work too.

Here are a few I was considering:

ProTek RC "Prodigy 610 QUAD AC" - $240​

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...v-lipo-ac-dc-battery-charger-ptk-8517/p488513

COMMON SENSE RC ACDC-QUAD Four-Port Multi-Chemistry Balancing Charger - $180​

https://www.adorama.com/leacdcquad.html

BGUAD 100Wx4/10Ax4 AC/DC 4 Port RC LiPo Charger - $230​

https://www.amazon.com/BGUAD-Discharger-Intelligent-Multi-Functions-Batteries/dp/B09FP25C5L

ToolkitRC M4 AC/DC Quad Battery Charger - $87 ... what!!! too good to be true?​

https://www.amainhobbies.com/toolkitrc-m4-ac-dc-quad-battery-charger-4s-5a-50w-tlk-m4q-xt60/p1275823

I appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

-MZA

For 4S, all the above except the Toolkit RC would be ok. All are excessively overpriced, though.
The Toolkit RC will charge, but it will take longer due to lower power.

If you ever plan on 6S any of them will be very slow charging your Lipos due to the 100W limit. You want 150W/channel for 6S.

For dual I'd go with below if HOTA is not an option.
https://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:isdt_d2_200w

That site also has some of your listed chargers but slightly cheaper.

For 4S, all the above except the Toolkit RC would be ok. All are excessively overpriced, though.
The Toolkit RC will charge, but it will take longer due to lower power.

If you ever plan on 6S any of them will be very slow charging your Lipos due to the 100W limit. You want 150W/channel for 6S.

For dual I'd go with below if HOTA is not an option.
https://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:isdt_d2_200w

That site also has some of your listed chargers but slightly cheaper.

OK, considering the ISDT D2, what about the ISDT K2 (or K4) in comparison? the K2 is only 149, and I found the D2 for oly 119.

Thanks.

Just wanted to bump this thread with one of the newest chargers on the market - the S2200 G2 Spektrum charger. It's a BMF, does 380 watts, and is an AC only charger. No DC needed, and it has no issues doing 2x200w with two 6s packs. It's awesome, though expensive.

I'm sure there's info on here.... But I figure I'd throw this question out there again. I'm an oldie who's becoming a newbie again. Im currently using the old MRC rb 465 charger from the days of late 80's early 90's.
Looking for a charger that will do my Nimh packs and the LiPo's I will eventually have!!!
What do you guys suggest?
Thanks!

How to choose an RC LiPo charger
first i always ask how long are you going to be in this hobby , second what are you going to charge as you stated Nmh and lipos . i would suggest at least an AC/DC 2 station charger , personally i like a 4 station unit . if are going to stay in this hobby or go into other hobbies like RC flying buy a good charger that will last for years to come if you buy a cheap one you will only have to buy a better on down the line . if your friends have a charger ask their option . go on you tube and look at all the video's . my two basic chargers below . good luck .
20211006_184903.jpg
IMG_20190902_135840.jpg
you can .

Consider a $30 higher investment into one of the best chargers out there and the HTRC is not a good deal imho.
Yes, will work just fine for anything 3S or low power 6S applications, only has 75W per channel.
+1
At the very minimum, 100w per channel is a prerequisite. With larger capacity 6s bricks, a higher voltage/higher wattage Aux PSU is usually in order.
At a 1C standard charge rate, charging from 3.8v/cell to full charge(4.2v/cell) within one hour should be your target. Normal.
Lipos are generally based on an Amp/Hour charge/discharge curve. (rate)

I went the ISDT route and haven't been disappointed with them. I have a P20 hooked up to their 600W PSU and I had a spare 500W PC PSU laying around and I have a P10 and a Q8 running off the two 12V rails. I can charge any of my packs from storage to full in about 15-20mins, even my 11000 & 15000mAh Genspoopers.

I went the ISDT route and haven't been disappointed with them. I have a P20 hooked up to their 600W PSU and I had a spare 500W PC PSU laying around and I have a P10 and a Q8 running off the two 12V rails. I can charge any of my packs from storage to full in about 15-20mins, even my 11000 & 15000mAh Genspoopers.
That's a great setup you have there.(y)

Does anyone use the Ultra Power chargers? Here in NZ ISDT is a little hard to come by but I have found a local reseller, the model that seems to be the best for me would be the K2 but at $250NZD does anyone know if there is a better buy? ISDT looks pretty good to me since it is AC/DC and I don't plan on getting a DC supply for it.

Here is a selection from one of the Hobby shops I use.

chargers.png

Back