Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powerlab 6 with a 1200W power supply if you want to future proof. Works great and juices up the 6S bats with ease.

This...... :cool:

IMG_4720.jpeg

Is the Hota D6 Plus still recommend as a go to? Seems very expensive at £139?

I am wanting to charge 2 X 5000 3s batteries and maybe 2 X 5000 6s batteries. Is there anything cheaper just as good?

I want something which is safe and not going to blow me or batteries up.

HOTA D6+ AC 300W DC 2X325W 2X15A Dual Channel Smart Lipo Battery Charger Discharger( UK Plug) https://amzn.eu/d/9DAWg0d

Seems expensive, but still good.
Whatever you pick, you will need 150W per channel to charge a 6S 5000 at a 1C rate. That translates to roughly 45 min of charge time.
Less than 150W/channel will increase your charge time but still work.

Seems expensive, but still good.
Whatever you pick, you will need 150W per channel to charge a 6S 5000 at a 1C rate. That translates to roughly 45 min of charge time.
Less than 150W/channel will increase your charge time but still work.
Is there anything similar with the 150w per channel to charge 2 x 6s batteries via AC I should consider? 45 minutes to charge is brilliant!

Last edited:
I'd say look what is locally available and report back.
I would not go below 100W per channel. Don't go by the total power, they play all kinds of marketing tricks.
200W with 4 ports is still only 50W per port etc.
Hota, ISDT would be my choices

How's it performing brian? Been looking at the p30. What power supply are you running it off?

@Woodentop .. So far so good 👍🏼 It’s happily done everything I’ve thrown at it so far 2s, 3s, 4s and 6s 😎
I did look at the P30 first, but to be honest it’s overkill and not needed, the P20 is charging 2x 6s’s in around 1/2hr.!!
The power supply I’m using is the ISDT 600w ( I’m a bit of a ISDT whore 🤣 ) everything of theirs I own is awesome, two chargers, discharger, cell volt meter, balance board and now a power supply 😎
This is the power supply…
https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/accessories/isdt-sp2425-600w-25a-smart-power-supply-usb-outputs
I didn’t pay that much for it though..!!
Main reason I bought it was 24v output, everything else was just a bonus..
Hope that helps 👍🏼

@Woodentop .. So far so good 👍🏼 It’s happily done everything I’ve thrown at it so far 2s, 3s, 4s and 6s 😎
I did look at the P30 first, but to be honest it’s overkill and not needed, the P20 is charging 2x 6s’s in around 1/2hr.!!
The power supply I’m using is the ISDT 600w ( I’m a bit of a ISDT whore 🤣 ) everything of theirs I own is awesome, two chargers, discharger, cell volt meter, balance board and now a power supply 😎
This is the power supply…
https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/accessories/isdt-sp2425-600w-25a-smart-power-supply-usb-outputs
I didn’t pay that much for it though..!!
Main reason I bought it was 24v output, everything else was just a bonus..
Hope that helps 👍🏼
Very helpful thank you. I'm liking the p20 be enough for my needs with my d6 + I'm thinking this psu though. One foe each of them.
Screenshot_20220830-160726_Chrome.jpg

Very helpful thank you. I'm liking the p20 be enough for my needs with my d6 + I'm thinking this psu though. One foe each of them.
Only thing to keep in mind that you should account for standard power rating. You should only plan on using 80% of the advertised power supply rating.
Ideal would be an 800W if you truly want to utilize the ~ 625W the D6+ can handle.

Only thing to keep in mind that you should account for standard power rating. You should only plan on using 80% of the advertised power supply rating.
Ideal would be an 800W if you truly want to utilize the ~ 625W the D6+ can handle.
So 800w 24v for the d6+ & 1200w 24v for the p20 ( if I go the p20 route) ?

1000W for the P20 should be fine.
Not sure if you are planning on parallel charging, you can't go too high with the c rate when charging.

Note that the D6+ has a max output current of 15A (per channel).

Back