Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what Powers dubs said, and Nitro agreed...is that this is a good charger?
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=541

I've got the kraton v4 running 6s 5500mah 50c. I'll also be charging some 2s & 3s for my sons Torment. I'm looking for an all in one. Don't want various things to charge, balance, discharge, and prep to storage.....

Thoughts oh wise forum elders? I need a charger. I've had the v4 kraton and batteries for a week now and want to give it its first run.
Hoping this is a good charger because it's arriving today. Would've been nice to know someone that had experience with one.

Most I will be doing is charging two 5400 6s packs at home, along with 3 and 4s packs that I have. Hopefully it has enough power to do that.

I'm loving this new setup.

SMC 12 volt / 900 watt / 75 amp Power Supply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Power-S...Amp-DC-900w-/172175901238?txnId=1914975302007

ISDT Q6 Plus 300 watt 14 amp smart charger
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ISDT-Q6-Pl...e-LiHv-NIMH-/132237288537?txnId=1512892457003

Venom 6s 5000mah 50c charged from storage to balance charged in 38 minutes @ 1C

Total cost: $126.53 plus misc. soldering/wiring/connectors

View attachment 22737
Hit my 100th pack this evening and still loving this setup.

IMG_9992.JPG

SMC has had one like it on their site for quite a while:
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=113&product_id=447

Not sure what the difference is, other than the $30 cheaper price on HK.

Got it. Love it. (Hota badged)

That being said- my brother in law has the newer version which has more power on AC and a really cool phone app so he can change settings and monitor details while drinking a beer in the house or by the pool as the batteries are charging in the garage. Not going to lie- pretty damn cool!

Got it. Love it. (Hota badged)

That being said- my brother in law has the newer version which has more power on AC and a really cool phone app so he can change settings and monitor details while drinking a beer in the house or by the pool as the batteries are charging in the garage. Not going to lie- pretty damn cool!
So is it this one you’ve got?

https://m.banggood.com/HOTA-D6-AC-3...615163299223201512X&ID=47757&cur_warehouse=CN

Or an earlier model?

I’m seriously considering this one.. does anyone else have one of these or have used one before?..

I have the earlier model. But that one will work great as well. Especially if you like the features such as controlling it from your phone on an app. Sounds gimmicky- but you can sit in your house on the couch and just look at your phone to see how a charge is going, or adjust settings.

I wanted the turnigy reactor 300w but now I've hearing a lot of good things about the turnigy/hobbymate/hota d6.

So decide to buy one.

Onpy the EU version at hobbyking is a backorder so that's poopy.
don't know how long it takes .
Can I also order an US version and add an adapter for EU of doesn't that work?

How are the experience with banggood?

Otherwise I can order over there.

I wanted the turnigy reactor 300w but now I've hearing a lot of good things about the turnigy/hobbymate/hota d6.

So decide to buy one.

Onpy the EU version at hobbyking is a backorder so that's poopy.
don't know how long it takes .
Can I also order an US version and add an adapter for EU of doesn't that work?

How are the experience with banggood?

Otherwise I can order over there.
I have the reactor 300w with the built in powersupply and haven't had any issues other than sometimes it shuts off within a few seconds of charging. So you go through the wires making sure it's all connected right, they usually are, hit start again and everything is ok. Sometimes it's 2 or 3 times before it gets going. Seems to happen after using it on another battery so maybe it's just a heat thing. IDK

And right now Banggood depends if you get it shipped from the US warehouse or the one in China. My kid was waiting for 3 months and finally they gave him a refund. Shipping from China is slow right now.

I just purchased that same model but never had a chance to use it yet. It came with balance boards and charge leads with my choice of connectors. Did some research and this was my decision, hopefully right one. Lol

Do you mind me asking where you purchased it from? I’m hesitant to buy from this link.

I have the earlier model. But that one will work great as well. Especially if you like the features such as controlling it from your phone on an app. Sounds gimmicky- but you can sit in your house on the couch and just look at your phone to see how a charge is going, or adjust settings.
I currently have the SKYRC d100 V2 which also has bluetooth and an app for my phone so I can sit on the couch and be provided live info on how the charge is going... its no gimmic.. its bloody great!. I set up the charger outside, under cover of course, in a spot i can see it through the window from my couch and i can then sit back and control everything from my Iphone..

Only thing is that if i walk too far away from it (out the other side of my house) the bluetooth goes out of range, the charger loses contact with the phone and it thus assumes you arent around to keep an eye on the charge so it stops the charge.. obviously for safety but is a bit over the top IMO..

If i need to go do something else for 5 minutes I just leave my phone next to the couch and in range.

Unfortunately this current charger that I have wont have enough power for my needs moving forward.

The ability to bluetooth and have an app on your phone is another thing attracting me to this Hota D6 plus charger..
I have the reactor 300w with the built in powersupply and haven't had any issues other than sometimes it shuts off within a few seconds of charging. So you go through the wires making sure it's all connected right, they usually are, hit start again and everything is ok. Sometimes it's 2 or 3 times before it gets going. Seems to happen after using it on another battery so maybe it's just a heat thing. IDK

And right now Banggood depends if you get it shipped from the US warehouse or the one in China. My kid was waiting for 3 months and finally they gave him a refund. Shipping from China is slow right now.
This is one thing that worries me... banggood are dodgy... i have bought stuff off them and it says its in stock on their website so you go ahead and purchase... then a few days later they send you an email going “sorry not in stock what do you want to do?.. backorder, pick a different model or get refund”. You ask for a refund and you don't hear back from them for weeks and your refund doesn't come.

Last time i had to get Paypal onto them to get my money back..

So if you buy off them.. use Paypal or something similar.. so if the deal falls through and youre struggling to get your money back Paypal will follow it up for you and they have more clout to force the refund.

Has anyone found this model for sale anywhere else?..

Last edited:
I currently have the SKYRC d100 V2 which also has bluetooth and an app for my phone so I can sit on the couch and be provided live info on how the charge is going... its no gimmic.. its bloody great!. I set up the charger outside, under cover of course, in a spot i can see it through the window from my couch and i can then sit back and control everything from my Iphone..

Only thing is that if i walk too far away from it (out the other side of my house) the bluetooth goes out of range, the charger loses contact with the phone and it thus assumes you arent around to keep an eye on the charge so it stops the charge.. obviously for safety but is a bit over the top IMO..

If i need to go do something else for 5 minutes I just leave my phone next to the couch and in range.

Unfortunately this current charger that I have wont have enough power for my needs moving forward.

The ability to bluetooth and have an app on your phone is another thing attracting me to this Hota D6 plus charger..

This is one thing that worries me... banggood are dodgy... i have bought stuff off them and it says its in stock on their website so you go ahead and purchase... then a few days later they send you an email going “sorry not in stock what do you want to do?.. backorder, pick a different model or get refund”. You ask for a refund and you don't hear back from them for weeks and your refund doesn't come.

Last time i had to get Paypal onto them to get my money back..

So if you buy off them.. use Paypal or something similar.. so if the deal falls through and youre struggling to get your money back Paypal will follow it up for you and they have more clout to force the refund.

Has anyone found this model for sale anywhere else?..
PayPal wont help. I had a site take the money and not send anything and all PayPal would say was to get a hold of the seller, even though that seller shut the whole site down so there was no way to get a hold of them. Was only 20 bucks but fiddlestick PayPal.

Back