Recommend me a battery charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stickers are too big for the chargers, at least not without covering up the labels anyway. But it fit nicely on my PSU.
PnY2agUh.jpg
I’m so confused with this setup what is the purpose of this setup? Why not just plug it straight to the charger

I’m so confused with this setup what is the purpose of this setup? Why not just plug it straight to the charger
The red box that has the Arrma forums sticker on it is my power supply. My Hitec X2 400 and the Thunder AC680 are plugged into the power supply. I use the Hitec for my larger batteries and use the Thunder for charging the batteries for my minis, hence the parallel board and leads.
The Thunder AC680 is both AC and DC but to keep things simpler I just plug it in the power supply.

Maybe a day late, but for a reconditioned PSU that is 24v and not $200 - I have this seller saved -
900w, 24v, $80.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/24v-920w-3...h=item3d61752a06:g:-~8AAOSwY5Ra3Tz3:rk:1:pf:1
Just out of curiosity and confusion, why the 900 w psu? Are you using that much power? Or is it more of a "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing" situation? I'm so new to this, I guess I'm just trying to make sense of it all. The video that tumbleweed posted had a psu that's 24v 400w, and pretty compact, for $50 new. This seems more logical to me, but I have been wrong 1 or 2 other times in my life... Or is this more geared towards the needs of charging 6s efficiently? I don't want to set myself up for my needs today only to have to upgrade tomorrow.

The high wattage and multiple outputs on the psu allow for running multiple chargers at the same time. As an example I've got a 900w 12v 75a psu with (3) outputs running a 300w 14a iSDT Q6+ Charger and room to run (2) additional chargers simultaneously off the same psu.
One caveat is that that the Q6+ is rated at 300w when supplied with 24v, but at 12v with my psu pushes a maximum of 188w.
With (3) Q6+ chargers running all off the psu @12v it will theoretically pull 560w

I don't want to set myself up for my needs today only to have to upgrade tomorrow.
Exactly this. Plus what @Mr.Duke said. The PSU I linked in #196 looks like it only has one set of power out terminals, but that would be easy to fix to be able to run several of the Q6+ chargers at the same time. And, at 24vdc out, this PSU could actually run the Q6+ at it's rated 300w max.

Also, there are lots of chargers in the $50-$70 price range like the Q6+, that are 200w-350w, DC only. The Big PSU+small charger allows you to run several of these smaller charger...

I hope you red @Mr.Duke 's report that the Q6 won't put out the full 300w on these lower voltage PSU's. For an extra #20, see the 24v PSU I linked above.

So I did a bit of googling, and found the website for the 24vdc PSU guy. He has a lot more options ordering from him, including adding more output bullets, carbon wraps, output leads, adding a 12v out on the 24v PSU's, etc... 1000w and 1500w options. Nice that you can kind of custom build the PSU.

http://lipoconnectionsolutions.com/

Edit - Also, this website was posted above, #190... I didn't see it my first time thru... :oops:

Last edited:
Back