Recommend me a good car stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1663900584369.png

Guess some of you have way more money than you know what to do with. I've built serveral from RC magazines over the years. None were worth it. Or lasted. Here's all you need. Wish we had them back in the day.

https://www.target.com/p/yoga-block-sky-blue-all-in-motion-8482/-/A-77459811?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000014807088&CPNG=PLA_Sports+Shopping_Brand|Sports_Ecomm_Hardlines&adgroup=SC_Sports&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9019560&targetid=pla-82735320289&ds_rl=1246978&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7CZBhDHARIsAPPWv3eJjSSnEb3iu7G7O0m6GF79wc_JgSUVTBd5osuCFirl1-c9FfmUKj0aAj0GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you can't work on your RC with one of these....We are not on the same plain of reality. You've lost it.
My reality is that I like my working subject (car) being able to be spun around easily on an axis and is simply not possible w/ your method. & I like having the shock holes to fill shocks 🤷‍♂️

Guess some of you have way more money than you know what to do with. I've built serveral from RC magazines over the years. None were worth it. Or lasted. Here's all you need. Wish we had them back in the day.

https://www.target.com/p/yoga-block-sky-blue-all-in-motion-8482/-/A-77459811?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000014807088&CPNG=PLA_Sports+Shopping_Brand|Sports_Ecomm_Hardlines&adgroup=SC_Sports&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9019560&targetid=pla-82735320289&ds_rl=1246978&gclid=Cj0KCQjwj7CZBhDHARIsAPPWv3eJjSSnEb3iu7G7O0m6GF79wc_JgSUVTBd5osuCFirl1-c9FfmUKj0aAj0GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you can't work on your RC with one of these....We are not on the same plain of reality. You've lost it.
(y) (y)
And you can throw then in a bag and take them on location with you. I have a bunch of them too with feet I added so the biggest 6S tires roll freely.
But, no its doesn't rotate. I don't really want it too. Cheap Amazon brands!

IMG_3820.jpeg

(y) (y)
And you can throw then in a bag and take them on location with you. I have a bunch of them too with feet I added so the biggest 6S tires roll freely.
But, no its doesn't rotate. I don't really want it too. Cheap Amazon brands!

View attachment 247488

Exactly. Years ago, an old book worked fine. Started using yoga blocks a couple years ago. Cheap and you can rotate them if you really want to. I watch thrift stores for gym/duffel bags that fit my RC's. Also watch for Plano fishing cases. They sit under the RC with spare parts for that vehicle. And.....a yoga block. Can work on it anywhere.

May have been a bit harsh with my previous response. I've worked on dozens of RC's with my hands and maybe an old book. Don't need an over priced stand to work on it. Rather spend my money on replacement parts and/or mods. I could go on but, that was my point.

Exactly. Years ago, an old book worked fine. Started using yoga blocks a couple years ago. Cheap and you can rotate them if you really want to. I watch thrift stores for gym/duffel bags that fit my RC's. Also watch for Plano fishing cases. They sit under the RC with spare parts for that vehicle. And.....a yoga block. Can work on it anywhere.

May have been a bit harsh with my previous response. I've worked on dozens of RC's with my hands and maybe an old book. Don't need an over priced stand to work on it. Rather spend my money on replacement parts and/or mods. I could go on but, that was my point.
Personally I’m happy to be able to do both. I figure over 10 years I’m spending about a dollar a month.

A wide heavy base and top matters for the long Lim. chassis or it will rock on you as you wrench. More of a PIA. I have different stands for differnt rigs. I agree a rotating stand matters for big wrenching projects.
But most of the time, my wheels are off the rig when wrenching so height is rarely an issue for me.
I tend to grab a busted BF wheel myself for some "quick" wrenching.:giggle:

I have a HobbyPark tall stand, that doubles as a shock stand. Swivels.
It is weighted at the bottom. Height adjustable.
I find it less awkward if you always remove the wheels first. Just adds weight and most stands will rock on you. That sucks IMHO.

I took a good look at it and unless I missed it I don’t see anywhere it says “ on-off “. It looks like a manual “ knob “ allowing you to adjust angle. I’m pretty sure if electricity is involved it would have to be mentioned in description.

94F90011-C800-416F-B43A-15CDBA9FEE22.jpeg

I took a good look at it and unless I missed it I don’t see anywhere it says “ on-off “. It looks like a manual “ knob “ allowing you to adjust angle. I’m pretty sure if electricity is involved it would have to be mentioned in description.

View attachment 249328
its mentioned in one of the pictures and its related to the lever you circled.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back