Outcast Recommend me a spicy ESC/motor combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_jsy

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
Hey guys

My OC has gone from seemingly uncontrollable, to feeling fast, to feeling quick and now I have a few packs into my X maxx with an 1100kv/Max 5 it has confirmed I want to bump the power up :D Plus I am hitting thermal cut out fairly often now and don't really want to drop gearing.

So I am looking for something to make it feel ballistic again basically. Is a Max 6/4985 1650KV (still on 6s) the one to do that or are there other suggestions?

Also the missus has said I can have it for Christmas so there is that too! Be quick, we know that is usually a trap

Hey guys

My OC has gone from seemingly uncontrollable, to feeling fast, to feeling quick and now I have a few packs into my X maxx with an 1100kv/Max 5 it has confirmed I want to bump the power up :D Plus I am hitting thermal cut out fairly often now and don't really want to drop gearing.

So I am looking for something to make it feel ballistic again basically. Is a Max 6/4985 1650KV (still on 6s) the one to do that or are there other suggestions?

Also the missus has said I can have it for Christmas so there is that too! Be quick, we know that is usually a trap

I would say either the Max6/1650kv combo or the MMX8s/1650kv combo would be great. Can't go wrong with either combo imho. I have 2 Max6/1650kv combos and really enjoy them. Whenever I decide that I want more power out of the Fireteam I am going to try the MMX8s/1650kv combo.

Max 6 combo might be a bit small for an X-Maxx. You wouldn’t be getting the power you want. Go for their new Max 4 combo or go Castle XLX2 with an 800ish kv motor and tell Santa thank you.

Max 6 combo might be a bit small for an X-Maxx. You wouldn’t be getting the power you want. Go for their new Max 4 combo or go Castle XLX2 with an 800ish kv motor and tell Santa thank you.
I think he's asking for suggestions on a combo for the Outcast.. if not, then I'm still saying MMX8S and TP for the Xmaxx lol.. except a 5840s instead of a 4050😎

I think he's asking for suggestions on a combo for the Outcast.. if not, then I'm still saying MMX8S and TP for the Xmaxx lol.. except a 5840s instead of a 4050😎
I guess I missed any reference to the Outcast? If that’s what he wants it for then I would highly recommend the Max 6 1650kv combo.

I guess I missed any reference to the Outcast? If that’s what he wants it for then I would highly recommend the Max 6 1650kv combo.
Definitely for the Outcast, sorry for the confusion. My X Maxx I have just installed a Max5/1100kv which has made me want more power in my OC.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, I went with the Max6 1650kv combo. I have been put off Castle or at least the XLX2 with reliability issues when bashing.

I like the look of TPs though and I have a standard Talion I recently picked up looking at me. That chassis could definitely handle a lot of power :D

I have the MMX 8s and 1717 1650 system in my Kraton 6s. It's a beast - it can do a 360 degree back flip from a standing start on grass, and no part of the vehicle hits the ground until it lands on the wheels and takes off.

To be fair it's hard not to standing backflip with the Outcast even over geared/m2c'd up, and even the completely stock Talion will land one comfortably. Both stock BLX185 (but ear plugged centre diffs).

I went with the Max 5 to give me headroom to use the 800kv but most things I read said it's too big in the X and go for the 1100KV. I am going to have to order an 800kv and a 35t mod 1.5 pinion and find out I guess :D

Going with the spektrum 150a ESC should be all the 🔥🔥🔥SPICE 🔥🔥🔥 you ever need. Just wait for the BBQ feature to kick in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back