Recommend me an ESC for Kraton 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't bother with the Max10 SCT as the BLX120 is just a neutered down Max10 SCT.
I personally would go MMX over the Max8 though.

I would lean towards the max8 as well, or one of it's cheaper HW cousins (WP-8BL150).

One thing that bugs me about castle (probably more than it should) is that you have to unplug it from the receiver to adjust the programming or download the logs. It's far more convenient to unplug the fan, plug a little box in, adjust whatever, plug the fan back in and go. Vs cracking open the receiver box, dealing with all the fiddly wires and balloon if you have one over the receiver for waterproofing, then have to put it all back and hope you like the adjustment. Sure, you can buy the bluetooth thing or the adapter thing, but why? Why can't I just use the fan port like the hobbywing?

I know @bicketybam likes the mamba X in his smaller trucks. Although, I don't know why you would get that instead of the MMX, other than it's a bit smaller in size and the MMX is a few $ more with higher current handling, similar capabilities for programming and same BEC. I run the mmx/2200kv sensored in my savage flux hp on 6S and it does ok. Runs a bit warm, but I'm still trying to figure out gearing. When I had it on 4S, it was fine, gearing it down for 6S is necessary as it's just a handful to drive that thing above 50mph. lol! And it causes things to run warm.

Last edited:
Just curious why you would go with mmx? I haven’t really researched that one.
I have both the Max8 and the MM2 the MM2 for me it just performs better and the power delivery just feels a lot smoother than the Max8 does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back