Recommend me better body trimming scissors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
The Proline body that I got recently is difficult to cut with my $15 Amazon scissors. What would be better?

Use a new hobby knife and lightly trace edges to discard,make vertical cut from bottom to top,and fold back and forth, pieces will just snap off easy,
This^ I rarely use scissors.

Use a new hobby knife and lightly trace edges to discard,make vertical cut from bottom to top,and fold back and forth, pieces will just snap off easy,
Really?? Ok I’ll try that with a few scraps first. Sounds brilliant if I can manage right. THANK YOU!!

Use a new hobby knife and lightly trace edges to discard,make vertical cut from bottom to top up to Knife line and fold back and forth, pieces will just snap off easy,
OK please bear with me. say I’m doing a wheel well. I trace the full curve what they knew hobby knife and then cut with scissors up the center and bend each section back-and-forth and it will break off?

Really?? Ok I’ll try that with a few scraps first. Sounds brilliant if I can manage right. THANK YOU!!
There are videos on Youtube that show how to do this.

OK please bear with me. say I’m doing a wheel well. I trace the full curve what they knew hobby knife and then cut with scissors up the center and bend each section back-and-forth and it will break off?
If you wait a couple of hours,I will.post a video on it Eastern standard time

Yes,cut it to make it look like a pizza

Ok found one video (OK it was the first that popped up) and it was enough to clarify all. Thanks guys! Much appreciated as always.
Yes,cut it to make it look like a pizza
I just saw that on a video and completely makes sense. Thanks!

Use a new hobby knife and lightly trace edges to discard,make vertical cut from bottom to top up to Knife line and fold back and forth, pieces will just snap off easy,
+1
Yeah Lexan trimming is always done best by scoring and bending off the pieces with a good Exacto blade or even a nice carpet cutting knife. Thick lexan NG with scissors. If you are new to trimming Lexan, seems scissors would make sense, I know. Not.
Scissors are not all that. Many of those supposed specific lexan scissors are garbage and come free with stuff sometimes . Even Scortched RC supplied a free pair with their Inner fenders. And they worked on trimming the soft thin ABS fenders no doubt. They are cheap gumball items as give aways if you ask me.:LOL:
Have several here, they are junk in minutes. Makes for bad and jagged cuts. (n) Maybe ok for very minor small snips here and there, if that.
I find regular scissors do a much better job. (Fiskars) Just awkward for much trimming if they are longish, depending.
Use a steady hand and blade.

Last edited:
I use a combo of the durartax brand straight and curved along with a fresh exacto blade, then finish up with my dremmell tool with a sanding barrel on all the curves

+1
Yeah Lexan trimming is always done best by scoring and bending off the pieces with a good Exacto blade or even a nice carpet cutting knife. Thick lexan NG with scissors. If you are new to trimming Lexan, seems scissors would make sense, I know. Not.
Scissors are not all that. Many of those supposed specific lexan scissors are garbage and come free with stuff sometimes . Even Scortched RC supplied a free pair with their Inner fenders. And they worked on trimming the soft thin ABS fenders no doubt. They are cheap gumball items as give aways if you ask me.:LOL:
Have several here, they are junk in minutes. Makes for bad and jagged cuts. (n) Maybe ok for very minor small snips here and there, if that.
I find regular scissors do a much better job. (Fiskars) Just awkward for much trimming if they are longish, depending.
Use a steady hand and blade.
I find it funny that I never heard of this but I find it funny over many things that I haven’t heard of yet. Fortunately I did not screw up the body that I half to cut with scissors. Just frustrated the hell out of myself and hurt my bad hand. I’m having a neuropathy surge so I’m completely down for a while (thinking stress may help bring them on and it was a lot of stress over my mom in the hospital) but I’m hoping to try this technique tomorrow and finish. I greatly appreciate everybody’s input. Thanks guys!

Painting and trimming clear bodies is not common for many. We all learn something new as we go.

Painting and trimming clear bodies is not common for many. We all learn something new as we go.
Yeah I’m finding that out and its cool. Rapidly becoming a part of the Hobby that I love.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back