Recommendation for a Cheap motor that will handle 6S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
Like the title says I'm looking for a cheap motor, like a Banggood special, that will handle 6S and run on stock Kraton 6s Spektrum ESC. My Spektrum motor self-destructed and I'm waiting on a new one from Arrma but it's backordered. Don't really want to spend $200+ on Hobbywing combo or similar as a stopgap and I'm plenty happy with stock speed. Thanks.

Sometimes going cheap is good, other times, not so good. Going Castle, Hobbywing, or Spektrum is just necessary. The only so called off-brandsI deal with is Surpass or Hobbystar.

Where you located I have a extra blx 6s motor I took off my kraton. I could possibly send it to ya?
Based on his name I think it would be a bold assumption to think he’s in Miami…

Sometimes going cheap is good, other times, not so good. Going Castle, Hobbywing, or Spektrum is just necessary. The only so called off-brandsI deal with is Surpass or Hobbystar
Based on his name I think it would be a bold assumption to think he’s in Miami…
Where you located I have a extra blx 6s motor I took off my kraton. I could possibly send it to ya?
Im i

I'm in Miami! That would be amazing.
Dang, that is a good price!
Here you go 4092 can will run like a beast. Can’t beat $61 shipped…..that’s crazy!
https://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Brush...3BTXF5N/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B083BTXF5N&psc=1
I found the stock motor to run really hot on 6s. I put in the 4585 rocket motor in my Noto because it will not go the full 90 or 92 in length. Runs cool as a cucumber.
I'm sure this is a stupid question but I see the connectors look a little different, stubbier at least. Will this plug straight into stock ESC cables or is there more to it? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm in Miami! That would be amazing.

Dang, that is a good price!

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I see the connectors look a little different, stubbier at least. Will this plug straight into stock ESC cables or is there more to it? Thanks
Pm ur address and I can ship it tomorrow after I get out work if you want?

16268264636067265833687140653936.jpg

Like the title says I'm looking for a cheap motor, like a Banggood special, that will handle 6S and run on stock Kraton 6s Spektrum ESC. My Spektrum motor self-destructed and I'm waiting on a new one from Arrma but it's backordered. Don't really want to spend $200+ on Hobbywing combo or similar as a stopgap and I'm plenty happy with stock speed. Thanks.
I use this hobby star 1700kv with a 16t and stock Spektrum esc it runs really cool and has more power than the stock motor. https://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyStar-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Last edited:
You are correct. They are 6.5mm bullets on most of the 1/8th scale motors. your esc has 4mm. I just soldered a set of 6.5mm bullets to the spektrum 150. Works great……I picked up my Noto used so no warranty anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back