Recommendation for plugs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Since I can't use xt90s for the mamba, I looked into the xt150. I really don't like it being single plug by by style. Kinda want to keep it like a xt90 style. But open to ideas..

Edit. I think these will be 👌?

Screenshot_20210719-185355_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Since I can't use xt90s for the mamba, I looked into the xt150. I really don't like it being single plug by by style. Kinda want to keep it like a xt90 style. But open to ideas..

Edit. I think these will be 👌?

View attachment 159121
EC8s are a good alternative. I never ran them but they’re 8mm bullets, which is what counts.

I'm thinking about it. And just making a harness for the other rcs. Like a qs8 to xt90. So I can run all of my rcs.. I guess I shall find a way to do this 🤣
If you have a powerful soldering iron/gun the QS8’s are pretty easy to solder IMO.
I started converting most of my stuff over to them, even my no prep drag car now has one on it, with its tiny 12awg wires. 😎

If you have a powerful soldering iron/gun the QS8’s are pretty easy to solder IMO.
I started converting most of my stuff over to them, even my no prep drag car now has one on it, with its tiny 12awg wires. 😎
Just got done soldering up a new MMX8S, Ripple Killer, and TP4070 using QS8, 6mm, and 8mm bullets. The QS8 are a little harder to solder than the bullets due to all the surrounding plastic. You really need to take your time or the red plastic deforms and good luck getting the wire cover in place after that red stuff oozes out.

Just got done soldering up a new MMX8S, Ripple Killer, and TP4070 using QS8, 6mm, and 8mm bullets. The QS8 are a little harder to solder than the bullets due to all the surrounding plastic. You really need to take your time or the red plastic deforms and good luck getting the wire cover in place after that red stuff oozes out.
That’s where the 260w gun comes in handy, it’s so HOT! you get in and out quickly before 💩 starts melting.
besides the solder of course…

That’s where the 260w gun comes in handy, it’s so HOT! you get in and out quickly before 💩 starts melting.
besides the solder of course…
Yep I try to keep my heat at the top of the lug, away from the plastic as long as I can. I get some solder melted in the tall side of the cup. Get my tinned wire stuck to the tall side, then feed solder until the cup is full. Wait for it to cool and then pull the other side of the plug off (I always solder with the other side connected) and push the cover into place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back