Kraton Recommendations For Battery Tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepnut

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’m frustrated with the stock battery tray in the Kraton. My 6s battery is a tight fit and the stock straps are a bit of a pain to take on and off.

Any recommendations? Do I keep the stock tray and get some different straps? Or do I get a new tray altogether? I see Hot Racing makes one, but $55 seems awful steep for a simple battery tray. Has anyone tried the Integy version?

1593738286675.jpeg

I’m frustrated with the stock battery tray in the Kraton. My 6s battery is a tight fit and the stock straps are a bit of a pain to take on and off.

Any recommendations? Do I keep the stock tray and get some different straps? Or do I get a new tray altogether? I see Hot Racing makes one, but $55 seems awful steep for a simple battery tray. Has anyone tried the Integy version?

View attachment 87960
How much is the integy one? And anything hot racing is stupid expensive. I hate the stock tray too. such a stupid design mine broke the first day.

I really hate to admit this but I ordered the integy one for my talion. Damn if I can figure out how to install it. Never had a part kick my butt like this one has. If anyone has instructions I’d love to see them.

I really hate to admit this but I ordered the integy one for my talion. Damn if I can figure out how to install it. Never had a part kick my butt like this one has. If anyone has instructions I’d love to see them.
Lmao I looked at it and thought the exact same thing...how do I put you togethor

Integy is pretty bad quality. A flat battery tray like my dual ones would be the best
I have a spare set you could modify to fit. Those were x-maxx onesView attachment 87970
You will always get guys on this forum bashing integy and gpm parts. They do make junk parts but they also make good stuff. People just lump them all togethor as Intejunk. They are gunna argue and fight with me but Integy does make good stuff. Lets not forget Armma made a car we all seem to love that is complete junk that bends and breaks every stock part on it, the car is only good when you dump a ton of extra cash on it. You will notice on this site that if it's not M2c or Tekno it's junk.
I go with the philosophy of if I like it I buy it, if it's something like diff internals and gearing I'll listen to peoples brands but if it's just chassis parts etc I buy what I want because there will always be someone that had a bad experience with a certain brand that will tell you what you got is junk.

You will always get guys on this forum bashing integy and gpm parts. They do make junk parts but they also make good stuff. People just lump them all togethor as Intejunk. They are gunna argue and fight with me but Integy does make good stuff. Lets not forget Armma made a car we all seem to love that is complete junk that bends and breaks every stock part on it, the car is only good when you dump a ton of extra cash on it. You will notice on this site that if it's not M2c or Tekno it's junk.
I go with the philosophy of if I like it I buy it, if it's something like diff internals and gearing I'll listen to peoples brands but if it's just chassis parts etc I buy what I want because there will always be someone that had a bad experience with a certain brand that will tell you what you got is junk.

No no no Integy is Intejunk and GPM is Garbage Parts Manufacturing :ROFLMAO: :p , but I do agree that not all of their parts are junk, their qc could sure use some help though there can be a bit of inconsistency in quality from one part to the next. And right? People always rag on Traxxas because their vehicles break all while showing off pictures of their $1,100 Kraton 6s that needed this and needed that........... :rolleyes:

How much is the integy one? And anything hot racing is stupid expensive. I hate the stock tray too. such a stupid design mine broke the first day.

I’ve seen it for around $30 and it comes in blue which I like. I already have the blue Integy chassis braces which it should match.

Uh oh! I didn’t think it would be difficult to install a battery tray. That’s frustrating. What about it is giving you problems?

Yeah, this is the way I feel. I can understand it for moving parts, but I feel anyone ought to be able to make a decent chunk of aluminum. I have the Integy chassis braces and I have no complaints so far. Granted, I’m not launching this thing to the moon, but they were easy enough to install and seem to be doing their job. My only quibble is that the stock screws that were used with the stock braces were too long. I had to use shorter screws I removed when I installed a RPM bumper.

Now if the tray simply doesn’t fit, that’s another story...

No no no Integy is Intejunk and GPM is Garbage Parts Manufacturing :ROFLMAO: :p , but I do agree that not all of their parts are junk, their qc could sure use some help though there can be a bit of inconsistency in quality from one part to the next. And right? People always rag on Traxxas because their vehicles break all while showing off pictures of their $1,100 Kraton 6s that needed this and needed that........... :rolleyes:
Bahahahaha I love that Garbage Parts Manufacturing...thats gold!. Totally agree qc is not great, but I got a mix of both brands and I have hot racing parts too, and I gotta say i'll get GPM or Integy over HR any day of the week, HR makes beautiful stuff but they are friggin expensive and they like to sell individual pieces instead of the unit as a whole(gearbox as example). I will say though small shop made parts are hands down the best JBI PP and NTF are just top notch and service is bar none. And yes... people bash traxxass so hard all while spending tons of money making their Armma driveable. Armma is deadly don't get me wrong but they got some work to do in the engineering department, their new EXB Kraton is kind of a slap in the face to all the guys that just spent $$$ on upgrades only to come out with a roller already done up like a peach and ready to go.
I’ve seen it for around $30 and it comes in blue which I like. I already have the blue Integy chassis braces which it should match.

Uh oh! I didn’t think it would be difficult to install a battery tray. That’s frustrating. What about it is giving you problems?

Yeah, this is the way I feel. I can understand it for moving parts, but I feel anyone ought to be able to make a decent chunk of aluminum. I have the Integy chassis braces and I have no complaints so far. Granted, I’m not launching this thing to the moon, but they were easy enough to install and seem to be doing their job. My only quibble is that the stock screws that were used with the stock braces were too long. I had to use shorter screws I removed when I installed a RPM bumper.

I had the same issue I ground mine down to make them shorter until my german screws came.

Bahahahaha I love that Garbage Parts Manufacturing...thats gold!. Totally agree qc is not great, but I got a mix of both brands and I have hot racing parts too, and I gotta say i'll get GPM or Integy over HR any day of the week, HR makes beautiful stuff but they are friggin expensive and they like to sell individual pieces instead of the unit as a whole(gearbox as example). I will say though small shop made parts are hands down the best JBI PP and NTF are just top notch and service is bar none. And yes... people bash traxxass so hard all while spending tons of money making their Armma driveable. Armma is deadly don't get me wrong but they got some work to do in the engineering department, their new EXB Kraton is kind of a slap in the face to all the guys that just spent $$$ on upgrades only to come out with a roller already done up like a peach and ready to go.

I had the same issue I ground mine down to make them shorter until my german screws came.
I still want the EXB though and those diffs. :ROFLMAO:

I didn’t either. Guess the biggest problem is screw direction. If u put the screws in from the bottom of the chassis you have nuts sticking into you’re battery. Not good! If you use there countersink holes you have nuts sticking down under you’re chassis. Not good again! Nice looking battery tray and would allow me to use my 6s graphine pack that’s a little to big for the stock tray.

I didn’t either. Guess the biggest problem is screw direction. If u put the screws in from the bottom of the chassis you have nuts sticking into you’re battery. Not good! If you use there countersink holes you have nuts sticking down under you’re chassis. Not good again! Nice looking battery tray and would allow me to use my 6s graphine pack that’s a little to big for the stock tray.

Something like this could possibly work. You may be able to find them cheaper in your local hardware store. Thread one screw up from the bottom through the chassis and thread the other through the tray. Connect together with this.

https://www.amazon.com/MroMax-Stain...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Good ol chicago screws....nvm I just clicked link. Chicago screws( I think there called that) have to round heads and one threads into the other so there is no nuts to rub on things and puncture battery. They are popular with cosplay makers for costumes that require moveable parts(suit of armour for example) and don't rub on the wearers body.

Good idea jeepnut. I’ll check into those. Would just need some really short 3mm countersunk screws. Shouldn’t be too hard to locate. I’d still like to know how integy intended for this thing to fit.

Oh this is old! They must have fixed it to a point. I just added a 2d lateral Velcro.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back