Felony Recommendations for Felony setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six7jedi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Im struggling unnecessarily!!! Im trying to finish my speed run build and cant find a good way to install my xlx2. 1717 is already installed with a pps motor/diff mount. I found a plate on ebay which is supposed to allow me to mount my esc above the center diff but it doesn't fit with the pps mount. I mistakenly bought a carbon fiber center brace/esc mount that is only for the Infraction/Limitless. Anyone have any luck mounting an xlx2 into their Felony while keeping both battery trays stock?

17020A11-9257-419C-AC95-84C16D5DBBD0.jpeg

FA2699AC-854B-4913-A370-E1F0ED7BEB3B.png

Im struggling unnecessarily!!! Im trying to finish my speed run build and cant find a good way to install my xlx2. 1717 is already installed with a pps motor/diff mount. I found a plate on ebay which is supposed to allow me to mount my esc above the center diff but it doesn't fit with the pps mount. I mistakenly bought a carbon fiber center brace/esc mount that is only for the Infraction/Limitless. Anyone have any luck mounting an xlx2 into their Felony while keeping both battery trays stock?

View attachment 244037

View attachment 244038

I suppose you can custom create a 3D printed adapter to allow that ebay plate to "mate" to that PPS center housing.

Is the carbon fiber center brace not going to be used?

You can shorten your right battery tray to create extra room for the XLX2 behind the electronics box. That should still give you enough tray length to fit a variety of different 3S and 4S packs.

Or,
Fabricate a Raised "stand off" that fits/secures in the original spot..
Just have it up high enough to clear the passenger-side battery tray.. Then put a plate big enough for you to mount your ESC on top of that and be done with it.

That way you can use your CF center brace like normal AND keep both Lipo trays just as they are. No trimming or modifying those trays. 🍺👍

I suppose you can custom create a 3D printed adapter to allow that ebay plate to "mate" to that PPS center housing.

Is the carbon fiber center brace not going to be used?
Got it all sorted. Got new holes drilled into the plate. CF brace not being used. You interested in it?

5BF7BF61-5130-4335-85F1-BE876F27C72C.jpeg

Or,
Fabricate a Raised "stand off" that fits/secures in the original spot..
Just have it up high enough to clear the passenger-side battery tray.. Then put a plate big enough for you to mount your ESC on top of that and be done with it.

That way you can use your CF center brace like normal AND keep both Lipo trays just as they are. No trimming or modifying those trays. 🍺👍
Almost all sorted. Have to deal with running wires, programming and binding to my futaba.

Attachments

• A52D8141-F591-4FFC-A754-E8E138CA1477.jpeg
    A52D8141-F591-4FFC-A754-E8E138CA1477.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 8485B62F-0109-40F9-9DCA-AFEC73815859.jpeg
    8485B62F-0109-40F9-9DCA-AFEC73815859.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back