Mojave Recommendations Requested for Motor Fan on Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I recently got a Mojave 6s BLX v2 and I want to put a fan on the motor heatsink. Everything in the car is stock so far. The heatsink on the motor has mounting holes that are 30mm apart. There is also an extra cable coming from the ESC and links to the ESC fan. I’m assuming this extra cable is for connecting a motor fan? I’d appreciate recommendations for a good fan that would screw into the heatsink. Pic of setup is attached. It’s stock, so shouldn’t be a surprise. Thanks

572C766B-2D7D-451B-88CA-3D565C955BC3.jpeg

I think that extra plug off the esc is for the programmer but I could be wrong.

Powerhobby, wtf fans, yeah racing fans all would screw on. Grab the dual mount and a jst y adapter and run it back to your receiver. For a little better cooling I am running a 40x28 on mine off a separate 3s lipo.

mojave4.jpg

mojave5.jpg

Ok, so the plug from the ESC/fan is that for something else or could I use that instead of running a y adapter back to the receiver? Thanks for the info.

Ok, so the plug from the ESC/fan is that for something else or could I use that instead of running a y adapter back to the receiver? Thanks for the info.
Not sure what it is but i guess you could use it. the newer spectrum motor/esc's have that heat sink and a fan now don't they? all of mine were the older blx setups and i took them off in favor of a max6 combo of some sort. I personally still liked the dual fan setup for a little more air getting on the motor but you could get a 30mm fan and see how temps are. My talion ate the rear fan a lot, not sure if it was because debris got in or not. I ended up putting a 50x20 on it with a screen on top and haven't killed one due to debris since. The 60 mph backflip into the ditch did though hahahaha. The Mojave is a debris magnet so it might be worth putting a little screen over any option you go with to keep crap outta the fan. It don't take much to fry them.

It seems like its a power supply from the ESC fan that has a y-connection to this empty plug, I'm assuming also for another fan connection. The spektrum ESC comes with a fan but the motor heatsink doesn't. I definitely want a motor fan and it sounds like I'll try to upsize it a bit. The Mojave seems like a debris magnet for sure. Each time I take the body off I'm amazed at how much dirt and mud is everywhere.

That y connector on the firma esc is for the programmer. Allows u to easily and quickly change settings on the fly w out unplugging the esc fan every time.
gotta be careful for ur fan voltage. The BEC is not intended to run several fans you might short out your rx if u over do it w fans.

For an update on this, I put a Yeah Racing dual fan and heat sink on the motor and it seems good. I just ran a y splitter to the ESC since the plug was right there from the ESC fan. If worst case scenario I overload the ESC, I’ll chalk it up as a learning experience. The Mojave stock heat sink is designed for a 35mm fan, so 30mm fans were too small, and I ordered an Arrma 35mm one to have a spare setup.

C395619F-8746-400E-A6F4-BD9597B093CC.jpeg

For an update on this, I put a Yeah Racing dual fan and heat sink on the motor and it seems good.

I made the same choice and think the motor will be more efficiently cooled this way. Did you have some space between your motor and heat sink? I'm going to do a couple of thin wraps of thermal tape on the motor under the frame of the heat sink so it is snug.

NTF Racing fans are epic plug&play gear.
They also arrive with Alza plate.
Search on Facebook- NTF Racing.

Would love to look into this stuff, too bad they only sell off of Faceborg.

I made the same choice and think the motor will be more efficiently cooled this way. Did you have some space between your motor and heat sink? I'm going to do a couple of thin wraps of thermal tape on the motor under the frame of the heat sink so it is snug.

Arrma should have just included a fan IMO. They could have sold more replacements that way too. I like the idea of cooling the motor better and figured I would add the fans. My LHS guy said it’s not needed, which I can comprehend, but it’s RC, it’s a hobby, and nothing is really needed anyway is my view. The Yeah Racing dual fan combo had stats showing it should have been a bit too small for the Mojave stock motor, but in reality, like you said, it wasn’t a snug fit. I stuck a piece off double sided tape between the heat sink mount, solid part, and the motor but I like your idea of thermal tape better. I’ll be switching to that. It won’t need the whole motor with thermal tape, just the bottom, solid part I’m thinking.

He
That y connector on the firma esc is for the programmer. Allows u to easily and quickly change settings on the fly w out unplugging the esc fan every time.
gotta be careful for ur fan voltage. The BEC is not intended to run several fans you might short out your rx if u over do it w fans.
Hello, thank you for your reply to this post because I didn’t know what that cable is for, but the worst part is that I didn’t even realize was there and after driving for couple minutes it tangled on the diff and got destroyed, so now is just a snapped cable coming out of the fan plug, do you think there is any problem leaving it like that?

89D456BA-B940-41FB-AF29-A23A6D449A22.jpeg

I’d tape or seal the ends if your not going to use it.

I recently got a Mojave 6s BLX v2 and I want to put a fan on the motor heatsink. Everything in the car is stock so far. The heatsink on the motor has mounting holes that are 30mm apart. There is also an extra cable coming from the ESC and links to the ESC fan. I’m assuming this extra cable is for connecting a motor fan? I’d appreciate recommendations for a good fan that would screw into the heatsink. Pic of setup is attached. It’s stock, so shouldn’t be a surprise. Thanks

View attachment 117628
Same here, I ordered ARA390289 and when it comes in I'm clueless where to plug in, I thought that's what that extra plug was for but I've been more wrong than right about this whole RC thing. Out of control is great !

Same here, I ordered ARA390289 and when it comes in I'm clueless where to plug in, I thought that's what that extra plug was for but I've been more wrong than right about this whole RC thing. Out of control is great !
What I learned basically is if the fan plug fits and the fan runs, then you should be good. I have the ESC powering the ESC fan and dual YR motor fans. Haven't had a problem after many months, so I'm calling it a success at least for me. I have an ESC programmer I use, so if I need to use it I unplug the fans to program. Otherwise my fans stay connected at all times.

What I learned basically is if the fan plug fits and the fan runs, then you should be good. I have the ESC powering the ESC fan and dual YR motor fans. Haven't had a problem after many months, so I'm calling it a success at least for me. I have an ESC programmer I use, so if I need to use it I unplug the fans to program. Otherwise my fans stay connected at all times.
I'm on it.

Got any photos of it with that separate 3s lipo in it, how’s it mounted and where?
I usually Velcro it under the straps with the main battery. I put a piece of Velcro on the batteries too to help hold it there

Back