Recommended Arrma 4x4 BLX and Mega Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WoodiE, @slick2500
Just picked up a brand new pair of the Typhon 6s Shocks rear only for my #Granite BLX since that was all that was available.
The front ones should be coming in next week per my source! Sick and tiered of breaking the stock Arrma plastic ones.

WoodiE, @slick2500
Just picked up a brand new pair of the Typhon 6s Shocks rear only for my #Granite BLX since that was all that was available.
The front ones should be coming in next week per my source! Sick and tiered of breaking the stock Arrma plastic ones.
View attachment 43871
Right on man, I'm still messing around with springs on my Trackstar shocks. I just stuck a set of Tekno Black NB48.3 front springs on the front and the Chinese front springs on the rear(they felt nice when I them on the front but were too long so I will see how they do on the rear. ) If these don't feel right I will adjust up or down the Tekno spring chart as needed.

Yesterday when I was testing out my new Banditos MT tires which perform absolutely awesome on the street by the way. When I was filming it I hit my mailbox on accident going around 35MPH and busted my left front suspension arm. Yikes time for a pitstop
Tweaked my Right front Axial.jpeg

Last edited:
Please, if you have other suggested upgrades, mods or tips for the Arrma 4x4 Mega Granite or Senton trucks please share below!
WoodiE- I finally found a brand new set of the Typhon BLX 6s shocks that will fit my #Granite BLX 3s 4x4 truck. After trying to install the Big Bore shocks since the front ones are too short so I sent them back to my eBay vendor got a full refund on the#BigBoreShocks! I wanted to ditch my plastic ones that come stock on the truck. After doing a lot of research - for 3 months - I have bought a brand new set of the #Typhon #BLX #6s shocks for the front and rear sine its the shocks fit perfectly! Good luck finding a pair b/c the vendor where i GOT them from sells them faster then he can list them on his site. Can't wait to get my Granite BLX truck with my new Bandito street tires and the new #Typhon #BLX #6s shocks. Bought front and rear set for under $60.00 which is included shipping which is pretty good. I know they a hard item to come by since Arrma does not sell them separately. Anyhow, got y rear set yesterday and I will have my front pair on Friday. Here is a quick pick of the rears.

View attachment 44290
Just an FYI, Arrma DOES sell the shocks, but some assembly and deeper pockets are required. ????‍♂️

Questions #ARRMAARMY? Has anyone tried upgrading to the ARA310948 STEEL 57T SLIPPER SET (0.8Mod) for your #Granite BLX 3s 4X4 Truck?

FEATURES:
Precision manufactured aluminum slipper hubs - High strength 57T 0.8 module steel spur gear for maximum power handling capability - Castellated slipper pads for assured location into spur gear - Stainless steel slipper plate - Supplied assembled and set, ready to install into your vehicle
INCLUDES:
1 x Assembled Slipper Clutch with Steel Spur Gear

Also, interested in a servo saver? Do they make them for this truck?

Slipper - I have not jumped on the 4s version. 3s version is giving me zero issues.

Servo saver - the Kimbrough heavy duty or medium duty will work great. You will need to clip the ears / corners on the horn, though. Also, add some washers to raise the servo a tad, to keep the SS from dragging on the chassis. Also also, check each ball link, to make sure they move free, tweak as needed. Last- get bearings for the bell crank, those bushings wear quick and create a lot of steering slop...

Do all this, and your BLX3s steering will be rock solid and smooth.

Questions #ARRMAARMY? Has anyone tried upgrading to the ARA310948 STEEL 57T SLIPPER SET (0.8Mod) for your #Granite BLX 3s 4X4 Truck?
View attachment 44845
FEATURES:
Precision manufactured aluminum slipper hubs - High strength 57T 0.8 module steel spur gear for maximum power handling capability - Castellated slipper pads for assured location into spur gear - Stainless steel slipper plate - Supplied assembled and set, ready to install into your vehicle
INCLUDES:
1 x Assembled Slipper Clutch with Steel Spur Gear

Also, interested in a servo saver? Do they make them for this truck?
Yep I’m running that in my Typhon 3S on 4S

How do you like your Typhon 3S? Having any videos or any pics ?
What I like about the Typhon over the Granite is the longer wheelbase and the buggy/truggy style. If you like doing tricks and wheelies, the trucks do that better. If you want to do more speed runs or run on a track, the Typhon is better suited.

I have videos on my YouTube channel of both. Currently both are in need of repairs. Haven’t had a spare moment to wrench on them as I’ve been stuck doing home repair projects. I have all my parts on hand, just need some time.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jondilly1974

What if any parts are worth replacing with aluminum?
I got the steering rack, f/r hubs, and steering blocks from HR as upgrades from plastic. I would also consider aluminum pivot balls if I could find them. Replace the stock plastic non-adjustable tie rods too.

If going brushless, get the adjustable motor mount, steel spur with 4S slipper, 32p pinion of your choice, motor heatsink and fan from 4S. Rubber sealed bearings are a must if running in dirt. Better servo is a must.

When you list it all out, there’s plenty of things to upgrade. You can just replace them as the break if you want to.

I got the steering rack, f/r hubs, and steering blocks from HR as upgrades from plastic. I would also consider aluminum pivot balls if I could find them. Replace the stock plastic non-adjustable tie rods too.

If going brushless, get the adjustable motor mount, steel spur with 4S slipper, 32p pinion of your choice, motor heatsink and fan from 4S. Rubber sealed bearings are a must if running in dirt. Better servo is a must.

When you list it all out, there’s plenty of things to upgrade. You can just replace them as the break if you want to.

I did not like the change in suspension geometry with the HR hubs. Took me forever to get full articulation with the front suspension. I ended up bending the front HR hubs and went back to stock. I still have the rears on but I don't think they are any better than the plastic stock hubs, which is what I run on my BRCC. The steering rack and pivot balls are a good upgrade. I'd pass on the hubs.

I did not like the change in suspension geometry with the HR hubs. Took me forever to get full articulation with the front suspension. I ended up bending the front HR hubs and went back to stock. I still have the rears on but I don't think they are any better than the plastic stock hubs, which is what I run on my BRCC. The steering rack and pivot balls are a good upgrade. I'd pass on the hubs.
I’m building a Kraton 4S with spare parts and some necessities from JRC to complete it. The 4S stock hubs, steering blocks, and driveshafts are way beefier. The downside is the length of the a-arms. If they fixed the a-arm issue, it would be a pretty great cheap basher. I’m still missing some pins for the hubs, since they use larger and longer pins.

Hello Folks,
I have a stock Senton 4X4 Mega that I've upgraded the motor and ESC using 2S LiPO to:

ESC Specs:
Continuous Current: 80A
Burst Current: 95A
Resistance: 0.0009ohm
Battery: 2 cells Lipo (5-6 cells NI-xx)
BEC output: 6V/1A
Motor type: Sensorless brushless motors
Running mode: Forward only or forward with reverse (user programmable mode)
Dimension: 43 x 38 x 20mm
Weight: 88g

Motor Specs:

Model: 3650 Sensorless
Kv: 4000
No. of Poles: 2
Cont Current: 45A
Peak Current: 55A
Max Power (15sec): 370W
Winding: 16T
Resistance: 0.0125ohm
Weight: 180g
Diameter: 36mm
Length: 53mm
Shaft Diameter: 3.175mm

The car ran GREAT with that combo for awhile, then I installed tires and wheels from a Granite and it stripped the stock slipper set (91t, 48DP) in a few packs. I'm looking at upgrading the slipper set and pinion. I've been over this forum for awhile and I think I've got some answers. IF I read correctly, I can swap in the drive components from a BLX model? I was looking at the AR310949 composite slipper set or the AR310948 steel slipper set coupled with a 13t 0.8 mod pinion. Are these items plug and play or is there some compatibility issues? Do I need the steel set as it's quite expensive compared to the composite one. I'm not looking for blazing speed, just durability.

Back