Kraton Recommended Arrma Kraton & Talion Upgrades 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone help me with a Servo Horn Suggestion?

I put a Savox SW-1210 in my v5 Kraton, upgraded the servo saver, and installed a HR 25T aluminum servo horn and arm.

I've now stripped out the teeth on my second HR servo horn, after only a few packs of run-time. The first one I figured I just didn't get the side-clamping screw around the servo spline tight enough, but I made sure to crank that down on the second one, and same result. I've been running this same Hot Racing horn/arm on my v2 for years (similar servo) without a single issue.

Any ideas/suggestions for a better/stronger 25T horn?

Thanks!

Brown Santa dropped my K6S on Saturday, I have already ordered EXB shock towers, EXB front and rear chassis braces, EXB front upper suspension mount, EXB aluminum center diff, EXB front bash bumper, RPM rear wing mounts, and I have added the Outcast wheelie bar. Next up is aluminum heatsink for motor and looking for a good pair of aluminum fans because I want the bling factor :cool: And also looking to add a rear skid. That will probably be it for now, maybe change the diff fluids- suggestions?

20221218_164412.jpg

Brown Santa dropped my K6S on Saturday, I have already ordered EXB shock towers, EXB front and rear chassis braces, EXB front upper suspension mount, EXB aluminum center diff, EXB front bash bumper, RPM rear wing mounts, and I have added the Outcast wheelie bar. Next up is aluminum heatsink for motor and looking for a good pair of aluminum fans because I want the bling factor :cool: And also looking to add a rear skid. That will probably be it for now, maybe change the diff fluids- suggestions?

View attachment 263742
My K6S is sitting under my Christmas tree waiting to be opened tomorrow. I been planning all my upgrades like you. Have fun bashing 👊

I break my Kraton 6s V4 every time I take it out. Kids watching Kevin, Superbash and Rcdude are going to be poorly disappointed if they try and even send it a quarter of the height they do. Don’t get me wrong I have researched a heap, read a thousand posts and watched all the videos. I love Kev Talbots videos. I’m no driver but learning. Even good jumps with good landing ramps break things. I have done in two-ish months:

-Rod ends x 3, upgrading atm
-Bumpers both ends (junk)
-Front suspension mount first run when bumper snapped off screws inside it. This part is ridiculously weak, and anyone running these cars with stock bumpers from new has rocks in their heads.
-Shock shaft bent (bad landing). New shaft installed and all oils changed
-Rear wing mount both screws bent or snapped. Dodged up for now.
-just repaired front shocks, changed oil, reset the droop and first run front diff housing gave way at weak mount point and whole front end fell apart. More bent bolts. Grass landing small less than one foot high bump, NO BAD landings...
-remote is a pile of snot
-steering is weak
-front dog bones come out of cups constantly on heavy landings. Taken out spacers on the pillow balls to try alleviate this

getting a bit over it, bought this thinking I was getting a small saving on a traxxas maxx .Could have bought the traxxas and a few slabs already with what I have spent. Also, forget about spare parts in Vic Australia atm with covid, it’s a week min wait from other states if at all. Rant over ??‍♀️ Love the forum

Guzzi

View attachment 106244
Landing wheels down will save you a lot of money. If you wreck a truck of any kind it will break.
As your driving skills improve the part breaks will slow down. I went through the same shite. For the most part my Arrmas don’t break unless I screw up.

I just finished reading all 22 pages and learned quite a bit about the Kraton so far.

So I just picked this up last weekend and I'm curious if anybody could help me identify which version this would be. I bought a big rock couple years ago and it was a POS, plastic drive shafts rubbed and broke on the front hub area on the first battery pack, but this one seems to be built much better, similar to my Tekno and TLR vehicles. So far I have ordered some backup parts, RPM arms front and rear, front upper rear control arm bracket, because this one is cracked, and techno orange springs. Pulled out the Amazon 25 kg servo and put this 35kg one in out of my 8ight, and also ordered a set of bearings because one of the wheel bearings is squeaky and since The front and rear chassis braces are the stock plastic ones and the rear one is rubbing on the center rear dog bone, so I ordered some El cheapo aluminum ones off of eBay. Probably 50% chance they fit. lol
When I test drove it before buying it it would only go into reverse about one every 12 times you pulled the trigger, ESC light seemed to be indicating it was receiving full reverse when they trigger was pulled all the way but I am not familiar with this ESC so maybe I am wrong and maybe that is the culprit; so the receiver for my existing radiolink transmitter, w/gyro, will be going in shortly to see if that solves things. Also, am I correct that my hobby wing program card will be able to address the ESC settings? The radio it came with is STX2 if that helps identify the version. Thank you in advance.

PXL_20230602_231402797.jpg

PXL_20230602_231353035.jpg

PXL_20230602_231341443.jpg

PXL_20230602_231328636.jpg

PXL_20230602_231241680.jpg

PXL_20230602_231233525.jpg

PXL_20230602_231203151.jpg

PXL_20230602_231210065.jpg

PXL_20230602_231223172.jpg

PXL_20230602_231420313.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I have the Arma aluminum center diff and hot racing top plate. Foster curious about the wing mount, if it is visually identifiable whether or not it is a newer or older version. It looks like the wing does not belong on here because you can see little notches cut out to make it clear the rear shock standoffs. Does the picture of the battery tray or steering servo mount help identify anything? Thanks!

PXL_20230603_000654197.jpg

PXL_20230603_000557908.jpg

PXL_20230603_000339637.jpg

PXL_20230603_000327907.jpg

PXL_20230603_000942125.jpg

PXL_20230603_000933168.jpg

PXL_20230603_000923084.jpg

Looks like I have the Arma aluminum center diff and hot racing top plate. Foster curious about the wing mount, if it is visually identifiable whether or not it is a newer or older version. It looks like the wing does not belong on here because you can see little notches cut out to make it clear the rear shock standoffs. Does the picture of the battery tray or steering servo mount help identify anything? Thanks!

View attachment 303537

View attachment 303538

View attachment 303539

View attachment 303540

View attachment 303541

View attachment 303542
Wow, that’s crusty! If it were me, I‘d do a pretty complete tear down and a thorough cleaning. You may discover issues to correct before you run it any more. Looks like it was put up wet, no wonder the bearings are squeaky. You might also consider servicing the motor and replacing the bearings there as well. The 6s trucks are awesome, and a pretty big leap from the 3s/4s lines.
I don’t know what version it is, but someone will probably know and reply. Have fun with the truck!

Wow, that’s crusty! If it were me, I‘d do a pretty complete tear down and a thorough cleaning. You may discover issues to correct before you run it any more. Looks like it was put up wet, no wonder the bearings are squeaky. You might also consider servicing the motor and replacing the bearings there as well. The 6s trucks are awesome, and a pretty big leap from the 3s/4s lines.
I don’t know what version it is, but someone will probably know and reply. Have fun with the truck!
Thanks for the reply. Looks like the rear axles, rear diff outdrives, both front and rear center dog bones and accompanying input and output drives are new with the front outdrives and pins on the axles are pretty trashed so it has gotten some recent work apparently. All four of the shocks feel really good, so I'm going to run it and see if I can get a feel for what weight of oils it has in the differentials.

Just took it on a test drive in the living room and it seems to you all be working properly, but man I really had to turn the endpoints down on that steering servo, from what I am used to anyway. Is there a better more durable differential outdrive to put in these cars like Tekno and Losi have for their 8th scale rigs?

I don't think I'll be running on 6S with that high of a KV motor, 2050, because it's already hit triple digits in Texas, and I have a bunch of 4S packs from my other vehicles. I'm hoping the differentials hold up for a little while since it seems like they are kind of crappy with the little drive pins snapping on the Sun gears. I didn't pay much for this so I'm going to run it until it breaks, or the new parts arrive next week.

What are the most popular wheel/tire for these? My GF and I like this tread pattern, see pictures, on the 8ights, for general use bashing.

PXL_20220709_232145263.jpg

PXL_20220820_211346202.jpg

PXL_20220820_211354594.jpg

Last edited:
Try Jenny's rc for good cheap replacement parts, looks like a version 2 Kraton blx to me 👍, definitely rode hard put away wet 🤣

Try Jenny's rc for good cheap replacement parts, looks like a version 2 Kraton blx to me 👍, definitely rode hard put away wet 🤣
I bought a plastics and screw set along with a couple differentials and very of drive line parts. I'm surprised with how easy the drivetrain is to access on this, way better than I'm use to with my other vehicles.

I can tell you that rear wing mount is stock Arrma Kraton, came that way on my v5 and the 2 bolts that go through the shock tower will snap constantly if you land on the wing at all.

I can't image running this truck on 4s.
On 6s its a monster and very fun to rip around lol.
But, it is heavy so there is that.

Shall we get a new thread for recommended upgrades for the new Kraton 6s EBX RTR, since a lot of the upgrades are already there?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back