Kraton Recommended Arrma Kraton & Talion Upgrades 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, what about the RPM Wing kit. It is improved when we are talking the V2 ?

Yes the V2 mount much improved, and beefier than the RPM. Mine has been beat to hell, just flexes and comes back. I really doubt you can break it now.

Okey, thank you for input:)

About the bearings.. I think that I can put some new in when the stock bearings breaks. Is that stupid? Can a broken bearing brake more stuffs then the actual bearing?

Well technically yes. If you lose a bearing, your shafts/joints etc. could be thrashing about under power until you noticed there was a problem.

I like the rpm wing mount, i aldo ordered the aluminum wing braces and buttons. My servo works great i did strip gears once but for 15 bux got replacements. I have a tbone front bumper and its ok.... the esc works great i have had zero issues i run 2 7200mah 70c spc batteries.i put pro line badlandson it i.blew.a.front tire off.doing donuts in my driveway. I geared it up beacuse of the smaller tires bad lands are a bit shorter. I.went with a 16 tooth pinion and on blacktop im getting 61 mph. I am.going to drop down to a 15 It gets up to about 165 or so and thats borderline to hot for my liking. I also have shimmed pinion gear in front and will do rear as well ive had to replace both now so hopefully this solves that problem.... i do not baby it i jump it and punish it daily im super impressed with my kraton v2. I abuse my kraton run 6s almkst all the time. As far as steering servo goes i use stock still, however when i.do change it i will uze same one.i put.in my nero a 444oz/in savox iy was 80 bux at lhs. Ebay they are cheaper.

Yes the V2 mount much improved, and beefier than the RPM. Mine has been beat to hell, just flexes and comes back. I really doubt you can break it now.

Well technically yes. If you lose a bearing, your shafts/joints etc. could be thrashing about under power until you noticed there was a problem.

Okey, thank you. I will order the bearing kit mentioned in the first post then :)
Is it difficult to change bearings on this car? :)

EDIT: Can't find FastEddy bearings in Europe. Only USA and that will be way to expensive with shipping costs and customs fees.

Can anyone please recommend any other brand of bearings to my Kraton?

Last edited:
The v2 wing mount is garbage... i bent it in a couple days.... the rpm wing mount with aluminum supports is much better than the stocker. I have yet to bend rpm wing mount and it had taken some serious hits. Its a bout 19 bux for the aluminum supports and 9 bux for the buttons on top. I do not like the stock mount i will post pics of the sttocker when i get home. It was not very strong the rpm is holding up much better

Ive seen a few guys use a fine screen over top of esc to keep debris out. Just cut it right size and use existing screws to secure it.

That was me lol A little tedious but works great. https://arrmaforum.com/threads/debris-getting-caught-in-esc-fan-thoughts.1271/

The v2 wing mount is garbage... i bent it in a couple days.... the rpm wing mount with aluminum supports is much better than the stocker. I have yet to bend rpm wing mount and it had taken some serious hits. Its a bout 19 bux for the aluminum supports and 9 bux for the buttons on top. I do not like the stock mount i will post pics of the sttocker when i get home. It was not very strong the rpm is holding up much better

All due respect, but I wouldn't call the V2 wing mount "garbage" at all. lol Idk what kind of abuse you are dealing to it, but I've tumbled it and slammed in into the ground more than I care to admit, and nothing more than a little bend to this day. Still serves it's purpose completely though.. That's pretty damned durable if you ask me, not saying the RPM couldn't be any better because I have never used it, but still.

Also, by adding aluminum to your wing mounts, I imagine a lot more stress is being transferred to the actual wing. Which is more expensive to replace than the mounts themselves.... :eek:

Last edited:
Well maybe not garbage but it was bent significantly and the rpm mount has taken it in stride... i have had some pretty horriffic wipeouts and its not bent yet... i bent v2 in 2 days... it is not garbage but compared to rpm it is not good lol... the v2 kraton is very nice rig with little to no upgrades required for the average basher. The esc has been fine never over 140 when i temp gun it and motor is a tad warm but i put badlands on it and 16 tooth pinion... 61mph. I am deopping a tooth or maybe even 2 on pinion i don't need to go 61 mph. I think the aluminum wing standoffs helped with the wing mount not bending thwy are much sturdier than stock plastic ones...

The wing is about 12 bux.. lol that's not expensive... if ya cant afford 12 bux then your in wrong hobby lmfao!!!!! I thought it was very reasonably priced along with stronger rpm mount and aluminum parts add a little color I also took red axel nuts off nero and put them on kraton its a nice look im very happy with it over all...

Who said wing is expensive? I said the wing is more expensive than the mount, as in less desireable to replace. Wing is 12 yes, but mount is 7. Come on bro, a little better comprehension lol

Well the rpm mount is better it holds up better it does not bend. So in the long run you are throwing away money... use your head think a little... its stupid to replace a part with same one over and over. Just saying that the rpm wing mount is a good investment and buying same crappy parts over and over is more expensive.

Hey whatever works best for you, right? Use my head? I would rather the mount flex than be rigid and put more stress on other components. If your mount doesn't flex, SOMETHING will lol. And that is going to be your wing. Makes sense to me, don't think its hard to understand. Get one thing, lose another. I and others have no issues with stock, Ive used my head quite well Id say.

How about the shock springs on V2? Are they as short as they were on the first model?
Yes sir, same size. Im running Tekno orange springs all around, quite a bit stiffer also. You will want to up your oil to about 60-70 with them in my experience.

Here is the one half of stock wing mount i could find.... then there is pics of my rpm mount... may i add it has a lifetime watranty so if it was to break it would cost me nothing to hqve it replaced. I put rpm wing mount on about two weeks after i bought my kraton... now i don't baby it i don't run it up and down the paved road i punish it backflips fast high long jumps. Pics and video here are my testament to the strength of rpm wing mounts... so go ahead keep buying stock parts and i will be out playing while your waiting for more junk stock parts.
20160829_131717.jpg
20160829_131727.jpg
20160829_131744.jpg

Here is the one half of stock wing mount i could find.... then there is pics of my rpm mount... may i add it has a lifetime watranty so if it was to break it would cost me nothing to hqve it replaced. I put rpm wing mount on about two weeks after i bought my kraton... now i don't baby it i don't run it up and down the paved road i punish it backflips fast high long jumps. Pics and video here are my testament to the strength of rpm wing mounts... so go ahead keep buying stock parts and i will be out playing while your waiting for more junk stock parts.
View attachment 2668 View attachment 2669 View attachment 2670

Bro, I never had an issue with you doing your method. All I stated is the stock parts are not junk, and the wing will be your next replacement instead of mounts now lol You are blowing it out of proportion. And for the record, my Kraton has never seen the pavement. And all my wing parts are original stock and just fine and dandy. No waiting on parts here. :cool:

I'm going to order my first "serious" RC-car this weekend. I've decided for a Arrma Kraton V2.
My question is if the V2-model still needs this updates? I'm thinking about ESC, Servo and Bearings?

RPM wing mount was for the V1. The V2 wing mount is good. RPM plastic is a bit more flexy than the Arrma plastic.

Bearings - I would run them till they go out. After the first 2-4 batteries, pull all the wheel bearings (2 at each wheel) and give them a good cleaning and re-lube. I don't like using grease in these small bearings, I prefer a lighter weight "wet' lube make for fishing reels. You will need to re-clean them every dozen packs or so, or after a wet running session.

Stock servo is a bit weak for the big Kraton tires, but should work OK for a while. you might start budgeting for a new servo, though. I run a Savox 2271SG ($99) in mine. A budget choice would be the Turnigy Trackstar TS-910 ($35).

What batteries are you looking at? Make sure you get at least 5000mah 45C 4s packs. SMC Racing has good packs at a decent price. You will need to swap connectors to XT90's though.

Charger - look for a charger that has at least 100W per charging channel. There is one on Amazon that I am looking at - 120W per channel, 2 channels, $111. Charges 2 4s packs at the same time, in under an hour.

Bro, I never had an issue with you doing your method. All I stated is the stock parts are not junk, and the wing will be your next replacement instead of mounts now lol You are blowing it out of proportion. And for the record, my Kraton has never seen the pavement. And all my wing parts are original stock and just fine and dandy. No waiting on parts here. :cool:
Lol so you don't run it hard good for you. Stock is ok... it is by far less durable thanrpm mounts. I bent the stock to hell fast. The rpm has taken some punishment. My wing will last just fine if i need to replace it then it will be with someething better.... thats how upgrading works break one make it bettwr break another make it better... the kraton v2 is a beast and i love it. I am just stating facts. Yes most stock parts on kraton are top knotch... wing mount is not. 13 bux for rpm wing mounts. A few extra bux for the aluminum parts... its how i like to upgrade. The rest of the parts are built great. I smoked my buddys 1500 dollar erevo with a 459 dollar kraton rite outa the box... i am more thqn impressed with most aspects of the v2 kraton the motor and esc combo work great. I run my rcs harder than most people, so for you stock may be ok but for me i lime the rpm its much sturdier and has a lifetime watranty.

RPM wing mount was for the V1. The V2 wing mount is good. RPM plastic is a bit more flexy than the Arrma plastic.

Bearings - I would run them till they go out. After the first 2-4 batteries, pull all the wheel bearings (2 at each wheel) and give them a good cleaning and re-lube. I don't like using grease in these small bearings, I prefer a lighter weight "wet' lube make for fishing reels. You will need to re-clean them every dozen packs or so, or after a wet running session.

Stock servo is a bit weak for the big Kraton tires, but should work OK for a while. you might start budgeting for a new servo, though. I run a Savox 2271SG ($99) in mine. A budget choice would be the Turnigy Trackstar TS-910 ($35).

What batteries are you looking at? Make sure you get at least 5000mah 45C 4s packs. SMC Racing has good packs at a decent price. You will need to swap connectors to XT90's though.

Charger - look for a charger that has at least 100W per charging channel. There is one on Amazon that I am looking at - 120W per channel, 2 channels, $111. Charges 2 4s packs at the same time, in under an hour.

Thank you for the answer! Unfortunately I've already ordered everything so I ended up with this charger which only is 50w per Chanel: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-power-pal-touch-duo-100w/rc-car-products/395510

To that I ordered 2 x Onyx Lipos 5400mAh 50C 3S, Tekno Orange 90mm Shock springs, 60wt Shock oil, lipo bag and pre mounted Proline Badlands 3.8".

Can't wait to lay my hands on this package :)
A little bit disappointed over my choice of charger though, but I should work, just a little longer charging time, right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back