Kraton Recommended Arrma Kraton & Talion Upgrades 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on picking up a kraton rtr 6s v5 soon, does this seems to be worth buying for $90 for the bumper and braces especially?
Screenshot_20210606-194932_eBay.jpg

Well the chassis braces, servo mount, chassis brace spacers and basher front bumper are about $71 retail, I feel the rest of the stuff is well worth the extra $20.

I tried to read through the 20 pages of replys/comments. However it seemed like many things are obsolete with the kraton v5. Is this correct?

I have the K6S BLX and was surprised to see that it didnt have much of a front bumper. Is the EXB bumper the best to add to it or is there something else? Ive already bent a wing mount so I have replacement ones coming from 3d-rc here. Any other "essential" upgrades I should be planning for?

I tried to read through the 20 pages of replys/comments. However it seemed like many things are obsolete with the kraton v5. Is this correct?

I have the K6S BLX and was surprised to see that it didnt have much of a front bumper. Is the EXB bumper the best to add to it or is there something else? Ive already bent a wing mount so I have replacement ones coming from 3d-rc here. Any other "essential" upgrades I should be planning for?
The basic upgrades people do are the exb bumper, arrma steel skid, wheelie bar, aluminum chassis braces.

The basic upgrades people do are the exb bumper, arrma steel skid, wheelie bar, aluminum chassis braces.
I’m reading that the outcast wheelie bar isn’t highly desirable since it mounts to the rear wing mounts, which are said to be weak already. It seems T-bone racing makes some nice stuff but their constantly out of stock. Any recommendations?

I've had the bar break and the wing mount be fine, but I've also had the other way around. I've also had them both break. I don't think it adds more stress, but it does add another commonly breakable part when using the stock wing mount.

I've had the bar break and the wing mount be fine, but I've also had the other way around. I've also had them both break. I don't think it adds more stress, but it does add another commonly breakable part when using the stock wing mount.
I ended up putting the RPM wing mounts on the K6s. Hoping it’ll hold up a little better than the stock. About to use my fourth pack in it today. So far, so good.

the RPM wing mounts are a must... My stock ones actually lasted quite a while but they wreck the attachment bolts and destroy your bulk head. I am finally replacing my rear bulkhead with a VITAVON aluminum one as my RPM one has finally destroyed the stock bulkhead even with 4mm High Tensile Screws used. I have done probably 100 packs now. Only thing original is the inside of the diffs and the steering section and servo saver. Everything else has been replaced or upgraded. Having to replace tires now, have done fronts and rear just went.
oh and I actually got aluminum steering knuckles but I am keeping these stock plastic because I want a weak point when you inevitably have an awkward landing. The pillow balls will just pull out and its an easy fix.

I think the best investment I ever made was the rpm front bumper and Vitavon front diff couple with m2c hinges. It’s been completely bulletproof since then, even with some massive face first landings!

just look at what happened the other day when I drove it square into the wheel of a parked car, just bent the top of my front mount around everything.

7D0EA399-8555-4466-ACB4-8243AC2F0767.jpeg

Everything else is perfect I just straightened it in two mins and remounted it

Attachments

• 1612B4D5-E76B-407A-A150-E8E7C908181A.jpeg
    1612B4D5-E76B-407A-A150-E8E7C908181A.jpeg
    320.6 KB · Views: 113
Stupid questions incoming.

This thread seems to be mostly about the Kraton, rather than the Talion. From my limited knowledge and research, it looks like parts from the two models are interchangeable. Is that true? If so, to what degree? If there's any differences then I guess I have twenty pages to wade through.

Also, the first post and many of the initial pages are from five years ago (and quite a few of the suggested links now no longer work). I know Arrma have produced upgraded Talions since then so I was wondering how much of the initial "replace this part with this part' is still true for the newer version of the Talion please? For instance, the initial post recommends replacing the Spektrum STX2 with another radio. the newer Talions come with DX3 radios, so is this still true?

I think i'd like to upgrade the shocks to bigger bore ones and replace the tyres maybe with some Badlands for my local track, but apart from that, I am unsure what else to do. Is the Spektrum S652 on the current model a dog, or will it be ok for a beginner to misuse, for instance? I've always been a real fan of Spektrum stuff, using their radios for over a decade on my cars without not so much as a hitch (My old DX5R is still in perfect working condition).

Last edited:
Stupid questions incoming.

This thread seems to be mostly about the Kraton, rather than the Talion. From my limited knowledge and research, it looks like parts from the two models are interchangeable. Is that true? If so, to what degree? If there's any differences then I guess I have twenty pages to wade through.

Also, the first post and many of the initial pages are from five years ago (and quite a few of the suggested links now no longer work). I know Arrma have produced upgraded Talions since then so I was wondering how much of the initial "replace this part with this part' is still true for the newer version of the Talion please? For instance, the initial post recommends replacing the Spektrum STX2 with another radio. the newer Talions come with DX3 radios, so is this still true?

I think i'd like to upgrade the shocks to bigger bore ones and replace the tyres maybe with some Badlands for my local track, but apart from that, I am unsure what else to do. Is the Spektrum S652 on the current model a dog, or will it be ok for a beginner to misuse, for instance? I've always been a real fan of Spektrum stuff, using their radios for over a decade on my cars without not so much as a hitch (My old DX5R is still in perfect working condition).

Not a stupid question in sight! :)

Unless I am forgetting something, the differences between the Talion and Kraton are:
- Shocks
- Shock towers
- Steering blocks
- Front bumper
- Chassis (same wheelbase, but the weight distribution is different)
- Wheels
- Pinion size (I guess...)
- Body

No need to upgrade the shocks. The stock Arrma 6S shocks are pretty good.
The DX3 radio is very good. No need to upgrade that.
For the servo, it seems the S652 is not great, but I'd wait for it to break before upgrading. Just make sure you adjust your endpoints before running it. This will ensure you get the maximum life out of it.
I think the only things to do when you get the truck is to top-out the fluids in the diffs, check that the gear mesh is good all around and that everything is tight.

Unless I am forgetting something, the differences between the Talion and Kraton are:
- Shocks
- Shock towers
- Steering blocks
- Front bumper
- Wheels
- Body

For the servo, it seems the S652 is not great, but I'd wait for it to break before upgrading. Just make sure you adjust your endpoints before running it. This will ensure you get the maximum life out of it.
I think the only things to do when you get the truck is to top-out the fluids in the diffs, check that the gear mesh is good all around and that everything is tight.

Many thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

- Shocks
- Shock towers
- Steering blocks
- Front bumper
- Wheels
- Body

Stub axles.
Chassis braces.
Center drive shafts.
Rear hubs.

Stub axles.
Chassis braces.
Center drive shafts.
Rear hubs.
Thanks for that. So it seems like the two models don't share a lot of the same parts, meaning I will need to go hunting for the right parts to upgrade on the Talion out of the box. Apart from obviously checking all the screws and oils etc, I usually replace some of the more obviously inferior parts on a new car before even taking it out the first time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back