Kraton Recommended Arrma Kraton & Talion Upgrades 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally, have a bunch of Mitch's parts installed on my #v3 - WOW!!
iNSTALLED A new Servo, new GPM racing Turnbuckles, RPM a-arms and what a massive difference vs the stock components.
Now she is a beast!
Watch the rod ends on those turnbuckles.

What would you recommend instead

I don't remember who the user is but they used rod ends off a Tekno on them, idk what rod ends they used.

But I just use the stock ones, I've had to replace the rod ends a few times because they got wore out but I've never had any problems with them.

I don't remember who the user is but they used rod ends off a Tekno on them, idk what rod ends they used.

But I just use the stock ones, I've had to replace the rod ends a few times because they got wore out but I've never had any problems with them.
Sounds good, thanks for the response. Do the gpm ones bend easy like the rest of their stuff?

Sounds good, thanks for the response. Do the gpm ones bend easy like the rest of their stuff?
I've not seen them bend, just the rod ends pull off cuz GPMs plastic is rather meh.

So far so good with the #GPMRacing turnbuckles after my first bash on the #v3!!!

GPM RACING TURNBUCKLES.jpeg

Wow...just wow! Love browsing this thread!

Anw I'm completly new to the RC-hobby (had a Kyosho ~27 yewars ago, so that dosen't count) and a couple of weeks back I bought an Arrma Kraton 6S (used) with some upgrades. Don't have much to compare it with, but it is crazy fun to drive it!

So my question is: Is it worth replacing the stock ESC and engine with a Hobbywing 1:8 Sensored Brushless Motor - XeRun 4274SD - 2250KV -G2, combined with a Hobbywing Xerun XR8 Plus Brushless Esc? Costs a minor fortune, so would be nice to have some input before ordering ;)

Wow...just wow! Love browsing this thread!

Anw I'm completly new to the RC-hobby (had a Kyosho ~27 yewars ago, so that dosen't count) and a couple of weeks back I bought an Arrma Kraton 6S (used) with some upgrades. Don't have much to compare it with, but it is crazy fun to drive it!

So my question is: Is it worth replacing the stock ESC and engine with a Hobbywing 1:8 Sensored Brushless Motor - XeRun 4274SD - 2250KV -G2, combined with a Hobbywing Xerun XR8 Plus Brushless Esc? Costs a minor fortune, so would be nice to have some input before ordering ;)
No a sensored setup is wasted on a bashing rig. Save the money and get the MAX6 1650kv combo.

Ah ok (y) Just so get it straight....less kv = more torque and less topp speed? Any specifik motor you can recomend? :)
The lower kv motor will have more torque so you can gear up and it will still run cooler. Most of the guys here love the 1650kv/4985

Just ordered my first Arrma RC off Amazon and presume I’m getting a Kraton version 4? Anyone have any dates of when the 4 started shipping? Dare I ask when version 5 is due to be released? I’m stoked for my car, as I need something to entertain me when the lake is too rough to run all my boats. Have been all geared up for years, but finally getting a car.

Presuming I’ll be receiving a version 4, can someone make a definitive list of parts specifically for the V.4 that i will
Want to upgrade immediately, or At least have on-hand for when stock does break?

Thanks in advance, and can’t wait to BASH

@KratonKing44
I got a Kraton V4 recently as well. What I did from the start was:
- Add a RPM front bumper. You need to replace the stock bumper by a Typhon 6S bumper to fit the RPM.
- Replace the chassis braces and servo mount by aluminum GKA parts. I also removed the tower to tower brace, which apparently can cause more problems than it solves.
- I also purchased RPM front A arms and a Fast Eddy bearing kit. These will be needed sooner than later.
- The STX2 transmitter sucks. I haven't purchased a better one yet, but I will soon.

I think that covers the first upgrades to be considered for minimal $$$. The next step would be an aftermarket chassis, shock towers, rear tower brace and a better servo.

Last edited:
@KratonKing44
I got a Kraton V4 recently as well. What I did from the start was:
- Add a RPM front bumper. You need to replace the stock bumper by a Typhon 6S bumper to fit the RPM.
- Replace the chassis braces and servo mount by aluminum GKA parts. I also removed the tower to tower brace, which apparently can cause more problems than it solves.
- I also purchased RPM front A arms and a Fast Eddy bearing kit. These will be needed sooner than later.
- The STX2 transmitter sucks. I haven't purchased a better one yet, but I will soon.

I think that covers the first upgrades to be considered for minimal $$$. The next step would be an aftermarket chassis, shock towers, rear tower brace and a better servo.

I think that all new 8s are already been upgraded by Arrma to solve the chassis load issue.
For those which already bought before the upgrade they csn by all the parts (~130$)..
They added few major upgrades..

G'day lads - Purchased a V4 Kraton 6s and I have stripped it almost completely to carry out upgrades before I take it out bashing, some people are probably wondering why, A) I like to tinker
B) I llike upgrading my RC cars ?
C) Even though its RTR I like to check them over before running anyway.

So my list of Upgrades to start off are as follows.
•Rpm front and rear arms.
•GPM turnbuckles.
•RPM front bumper with talion bumper mod.
•Markhor RC designs CNC Aluminium towers and chassis braces from Amped Rc.
•Replace all bearings witg Abec 5 spec Amped Rc bearing Kit.
•Remove Diffs, shim diffs and replace F/C/R diff oils to 100/500/60 and new bearings.
•Hot Racing servo mount, servo horn & linkage.
•Savox 1271sg servo.
•Yeah Racing heatsink/dual fans (Ive heard the fans suck so may upgrade these).
•Spektrum SR515 receiver and DX5c radio.
That's pretty much it for now, Ill probably grab some stronger pin holders for front and rear and replace them whilst its tore down this far.

Still waiting on the Towers, Shims and servo mount to arrive so I've pulled up until all the parts get here.

Is there anything apart from replacing the chassis to an M2C or Just bash it that would be worth my while doing ?
Cheers lads ?
15836392578702537135930926565838.jpg
15836394054964583470668226683523.jpg
15836394479215013353218461835537.jpg

G'day lads - Purchased a V4 Kraton 6s and I have stripped it almost completely to carry out upgrades before I take it out bashing, some people are probably wondering why, A) I like to tinker
B) I llike upgrading my RC cars ?
C) Even though its RTR I like to check them over before running anyway.

So my list of Upgrades to start off are as follows.
•Rpm front and rear arms.
•GPM turnbuckles.
•RPM front bumper with talion bumper mod.
•Markhor RC designs CNC Aluminium towers and chassis braces from Amped Rc.
•Replace all bearings witg Abec 5 spec Amped Rc bearing Kit.
•Remove Diffs, shim diffs and replace F/C/R diff oils to 100/500/60 and new bearings.
•Hot Racing servo mount, servo horn & linkage.
•Savox 1271sg servo.
•Yeah Racing heatsink/dual fans (Ive heard the fans suck so may upgrade these).
•Spektrum SR515 receiver and DX5c radio.
That's pretty much it for now, Ill probably grab some stronger pin holders for front and rear and replace them whilst its tore down this far.

Still waiting on the Towers, Shims and servo mount to arrive so I've pulled up until all the parts get here.

Is there anything apart from replacing the chassis to an M2C or Just bash it that would be worth my while doing ?
Cheers lads ?View attachment 68811View attachment 68812View attachment 68813
You have already gone above and beyond the call my man....BUT....I'm a big fan of the M2C Tower support brace....its just a $25 part and helps takes the energy of an impact away from the bulkhead.

Started to put things back together, man I love the look and quality of these Markhor chassis braces ?? Just waiting on the diff shims n cups and the Markhor Cnc towers ? will post updates as I go.
20200313_203939.jpg

I am looking for electrical and mechanical help with my Outcast and Talion 6s. I can't seem to be able to solder a EC5 bullet onto the ESC wires on my Mamba Monster 2 for my Talion. I also have a very bad noise coming from my Outcast trying to diagnose a glitchy throttle problem on the Outcast. I have upgraded transmitter and receiver to FlySky GT5, swapped out a bad BLX 185 ESC out of the Outcast and replaced it with the working ESC out of the Talion. I then swapped motors between the 2 trucks. The glitchy throttle is still there and now there is a bad noise coming from somewhere. The only things I have not done is checked the Diffs. I only have about 10 runs on the Outcast. I did buy the Outcast off the shelf at my local hobby shop (maybe that was a mistake.) I live in Pleasantville, NJ and would love to find someone local to help. Thanks in advance.

So I may be buying a kraton 6s today. My lhs says they have some in stock. How do I know what version it is?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back