Kraton Recommended Arrma Kraton & Talion Upgrades 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not understanding the modding because it aint broke thing
Sure power is good but,why not break it and then fix it better?
Or is it just a money wasting thing in 2017?

Thinking about getting some power upgrades, I have seen some people going for the Leopard 4092 motor and stock esc, but I was wondering if the mamba monster 2 2200kv would be faster/stronger thand the Leopard/stock combo? Anybody had both, Witch was stronger? Thanks!
I currently have the Mamba monster 2200kv and it is a freaking monster, pun intended. Lol. I drive partially conservatively as my wallet doesn't like replacing parts for something stupid.. But it is hard to get full throttle without running out of real estate or flipping over. Love it tho.

One thing else I would recommend is doubling up the chassis plates. Someone else did it on here first, just cut it and did the center strip. I personally did the whole thing and made all my screws longer to compensate. I have yet to brake a chassis brace, or anything major, minus a couple freak accidents. The double chassis work's great! I wrote down which size screws I put I used incase anyone is interested.

The double chassis is kind of hard to see, was the best picture I could get at the time.

Attachments

• 20170225_105403.jpg
    20170225_105403.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 282
  • 20170121_153854.jpg
    20170121_153854.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 280
Can anyone please point me in the right direction??? So i bent my front Shock Shaft as well as broke my rear shock Rod End. As luck would have it, the replacement parts are on Back Order untill late April. are there any alternatives that can be used in place of these parts????
AR330195 - SHOCK SHAFT 3.5x64mm
AR330203 - COMPOSITE SHOCK PART SET
Also what can i do to prevent this issue in the future if possible?

Just installed the new hot racing rear and front hub carriers. Looking good. Still have to install the motor mount, but seems like it's going to be a nice upgrade. The Hub carriers come with rubber sealed bearings and they seem to be pretty smooth. Can't wait to get the metal diff housing for my front, rear, and Center diffs
How have the new hubs been working out for ya?

I just bought a Kraton a week ago. I love it! Arrma says not to use the 14t pinion except for speed runs. I thought I saw a YouTube video where a guy put the 14t in and was bashing the hell out of without overheating the electrics. Does anyone know if this is true? Can I use the 14t without a problem if I just keep an eye the motor temp?

Im not understanding the modding because it aint broke thing
Sure power is good but,why not break it and then fix it better?
Or is it just a money wasting thing in 2017?

I agree with you on this truck at least. I have a slash 4x4 and it broken all the time bashing just in my yard and at camping trips so I did proactively upgrade some stuff on that one. This truck is great, I'm thinking about selling a stampede 4x4 and picking up an Outcast for my daughter who loves wheelies and I don't think I'll do anything out of the box for it.

I'm looking for a roll cage for my kraton. Do you have any suggestions? Which roll cage fits on kraton?

I did mine from Menards. ~$8 for 3 feet.
I used 1/2" aluminum rod instead of tube. Probably a tad overkill.
ar01ydAl.jpg

The carbon fiber tower to tower brace just looks so much cleaner than the aluminum tubing. I would love to get some of that cf tubing and make my own.

The carbon fiber tower to tower brace just looks so much cleaner than the aluminum tubing. I would love to get some of that cf tubing and make my own.
Or you could vinyl wrap the aluminum rod with carbon fiber wrap.
I prefer function over form. I would much rather it look ugly and actually serve a purpose than look pretty.

Or you could vinyl wrap the aluminum rod with carbon fiber wrap.
I prefer function over form. I would much rather it look ugly and actually serve a purpose than look pretty.
No i totally get the function over form. I would rather it be tough that look good. I get that, but it can be tough and look good;)
Cf wrap isnt a bad idea at all, why didnt i think about that...lol

So with the servo upgrade i understand a bec is needed, i also understand that with the bec it is preset at about 5v so i would need the programmer in order to set it appropriately for a HV servo?

Which amperage bec do i need?

So with the servo upgrade i understand a bec is needed, i also understand that with the bec it is preset at about 5v so i would need the programmer in order to set it appropriately for a HV servo?

Which amperage bec do i need?

Which servo are you planning to upgrade to ? The stock esc BEC is 6v if i'm not mistaken . Unless you plan to run a HV servo, an external BEC probably won't be needed. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. but i'm pretty sure you're good.

Well i was looking at a few models, the main reason i was looking at the BEC was because it seems the internal bec is usually rated low and with stronger servos they use more amps, most upgrade servos have a stall rating of 5 amps

The other benefit is by not using the internal bec you could lower temps and potentially reduce the risk of failure because if the internal bec dies it takes the entire esc with it

So i figured if im going to get the BEC may as well juice the servo with more volts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back