Mojave Recommended Arrma Mojave Upgrades & Tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a super cheap upgrade.

Replace the Arrma screws that hold the motor mount in place with M4x20mm FHCS screws, and Tekno countersunk washers (TKR1228).
The hex sockets on the odd factory screws seem too sloppy for a 2.5mm driver so they can be easy to round out. But these "common" screws are more tightly fitting with the hex driver. Plus a bag of 10 of them is cheaper than the bag of 4 Arrma replacement screws.
Also the aluminum washer on the aluminum motor mount won't gouge up the mount the way a steel screw alone will.

IMG_7508.jpeg

Ignore the 4x18 size I show here, the 20mm is much better. (But 18mm will work if you already have them).

IMG_7509.jpeg

Here's a super cheap upgrade.

Replace the Arrma screws that hold the motor mount in place with M4x20mm FHCS screws, and Tekno countersunk washers (TKR1228).
The hex sockets on the odd factory screws seem too sloppy for a 2.5mm driver so they can be easy to round out. But these "common" screws are more tightly fitting with the hex driver. Plus a bag of 10 of them is cheaper than the bag of 4 Arrma replacement screws.
Also the aluminum washer on the aluminum motor mount won't gouge up the mount the way a steel screw alone will.

View attachment 153132

Ignore the 4x18 size I show here, the 20mm is much better. (But 18mm will work if you already have them).

View attachment 153133
Here's my solution!

Screenshot_20210620-112543_Gallery.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back