Recommended Arrma Nero & Fazon Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy by the name of Joshua Bybee in one of the Arrma Facebook groups I'm in just posted these as working for his nero!

Losi 8T Rod ends

LOS6047
LOS6049

16807201_1381041725291185_8602357830637862670_n.jpg

So I guess this kinda fits in this thread … so I can't afford the arrma Nero with fitted EDC but I'm going to get the green Nero is it possible to upgrade the one with out edc to upgrade to edc or no? And would I be able to fit the edc controls onto the original remote or is it too much trouble

I thought you still got the same remote and just needed the diff brain and servos... I wouldn't sweat it too hard if you don't get the diff brain, you can put various viscosities of diff oil in for tuning if you plug the diffs - you can't do that w/ the servos installed.

Hi , who and how upgrade servo saver? I think it's not work normally (
Hot Racing is the only place I have seen with aftermarket metal hop-up servo saver parts. They have the cover (NRO48M01) and the steering arms (NRO4801). You will still need a lot of your original or Arrma replacement parts, like the Servo Saver Metal Parts (AR340094), Bearings (AR610020), all the turnbuckle parts, screws, and Ball Mounts (AR330355). Also before completely replacing it you might want to first try tightening it. Like a number of people who have posted reviews on YouTube I felt mine was to loose out of the box. After tightening it up some it seemed to work much better. I did have to take it completely off the truck to work on it though. To adjust it on the truck you either need a very special tool that I don't have or a lot more patience than I had when I was working on it.

GKA rocker arms installed! Phenomenal build quality. They fit with the team associated rod ends too which is awesome. Now once I find a good aluminum shock cap, everything on the suspension will be appropriately beefy.

Where can I order the GKA rocker arms from. Waiting to pickup my Fazon tomorrow and looking to put some upgrades on it. So do you know where to get more upgrade parts. Thank you

Where can I order the GKA rocker arms from. Waiting to pickup my Fazon tomorrow and looking to put some upgrades on it. So do you know where to get more upgrade parts. Thank you
It kind of depends on where you live. The company is based in Canada, but he has distributors in the US and maybe others. I only know about the US distributors. The easiest thing to do would be to PM the user named "gregmbrandt" here on the forums. I believe he is the GKA owner. Also can look at the vendor forums GKA has a whole section of threads, you will be able to find contact information for GKA and the distributors in those threads. Here is a link to the forum.
https://arrmaforum.com/forums/gka-custom-rc-parts.40/

I'll be updating this first post as time goes on, but wanted to get it started for those interested or had any upgrades they wanted to share once they received their Arrma Fazon or Arrma Nero!

When I first saw the Diff Brain in Action I said, "wow what a feat of engineering." But equally at the same time, I said, "How in the world is that going to be durable with such powerful Horse Power being used. So I said let me wait a while before I get one of those and Let my first Arrma be a Kraton. My thinking was that the Kraton had proven itself time and time again. Well like most people with a Kraton, I had a typical 1/8 scale, heavy car, 6S learning curve. I broke a upper front suspension arm, bent 2 hinge pins, and one rear shock (and I'm not even bashing yet so I guess I'm just unlucky). I did some research and I learned that I better get some bumpers from T-Bone racing. But then I broke the steering servo, which I found out has brass gears. I tore it done to find that they were shredded. It was at that point that I said, "How in the world can the diff brain on the nero, fazion, and big rock, have any durability with those three little servos? SO QUESTION: has there been issues with those little servos. I can tell you if I did own one, there would be know way I would change the diffs with out stoping the vehicle first.

Very curious

You don't have to stop the truck to lock a diff, just don't be full throttle or doing a burnout. The little servos themselves are not under much load, it's just a matter of letting the locking pins slide into place.

But If you had switched onetime unter full pressure, the pins will be damaged and never fin into their holes.
Afterwards the servo can not run the hole way and will be fried....

Since November 2016 (new Big Rock) no issues concerning diff locks; they are still working.

This guy's video is fantastic. I wanna copy some of his ideas like the rod ends, increasing suspension travel, and putting the bigger bore pistons in shocks to get some more articulation more like my old (sold) ERBE.

yes he is great but don't change the shock springs no improvement

Hot Racing is the only place I have seen with aftermarket metal hop-up servo saver parts. They have the cover (NRO48M01) and the steering arms (NRO4801). You will still need a lot of your original or Arrma replacement parts, like the Servo Saver Metal Parts (AR340094), Bearings (AR610020), all the turnbuckle parts, screws, and Ball Mounts (AR330355). Also before completely replacing it you might want to first try tightening it. Like a number of people who have posted reviews on YouTube I felt mine was to loose out of the box. After tightening it up some it seemed to work much better. I did have to take it completely off the truck to work on it though. To adjust it on the truck you either need a very special tool that I don't have or a lot more patience than I had when I was working on it.
Actually if you squeeze it hard with your index and thumb
squeez with index finger and thumb with truck on roll hoop wheels pointed to right and hold very tight on adjustment nuts for saver and turn wheels to the left you can adjust it that way

I'm the only one that posts here lmao.
So here's how I have the Nero set up right now:

Driven with open front/rear, closed center diff
Front suspension no preload
Rear suspension 1/4 preload
All suspension medial mounting point
TBone Racing thrasher front bumper/skid
TBone Racing Rear bumper/skid w/o wheelie bar
Hitec 7954sh servo @404oz tq 7.4v
Team Associated aluminum servo horn
Team Associated rod ends
Castle BEC @7.4v to steering servo only
Castle Mamba Monster X ESC
Electronics settings tuned via CastleLink

I haven't driven the car since the mamba x was put in aside from a test in the driveway to make sure everything was working. Have a big bash session at the BMX park with my friend and his Nero. should have some great videos to report in with. From what I can tell, the way I have the mamba x set up via the castle link, it's going to be amazingly fun.
How do I lock my center diff?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back