Recommended Arrma Nero & Fazon Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any shock oil advise, im locking in on the springs still trying to figure how Arrma's gf/mm converts to out /lbs every spring rate in use?
Right now I'm using 16mm blank delrin pistons and have 4 1mm holes in them with 60 wt. It feel good it the hands but is too stiff while jumping so I need to add another hole to my pistons

I have "game changer" VRP Racing, they work, like normal on little stuff, they have flaps, google them, 70 a full set, but big jumps, they go from 8x1.3mm holes to 4x1.3 etc....good stuff,
30 weight, thats what arrma uses stock, I've been emailing everyday w company both here and overseas.....

oh and for those wanting to know arrma rates there springs as GRAMS-FORCE/MILLIMETERS, HERES A CONVERSION TABLE, NOW YOU HAVE A WORLD OF SPRINGS AND BRANDS TO CHOOSE FROM!!!!

http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/g_mmlb_in.php

TOOK A WHILE TO GET THAT INTELL!!

THESE FIT OUR SHOCKS, I SENT THE OWNER down a set of shock shafts and a piston, sometimes parts are a lil off, NOT KYOSHO... but he thinks this would drop in, at 65 a full set, I wanna be sure read, on the GAMECHANGERS, you all will have a pair soon, tell them tom from the forums, ill see if I can get a cheaper group buy, as one of my teammates is sponsored by them, and I will be to as well, hopefully...

http://visionracingproducts.com/Kyosho-MP9-Tekno-XB8_c27.htm

this is as legit as it get with shocks, almost EVERY pro runs, a piston like this wether its FLASH POINT BRASSS, etc etc, on setup sheets they give you amount of holes and sizes, but cannot put certain brands, as there chassis sponsor, most likely, unless there in alliance, will not approve, but im here telling you, NOT ONE PRO RUNS A KIT BOX PISTON, wether its teflon, like these...etc etc....

@Tblazin one other thing I keep forgetting to mention... Tighten your servo saver. Every Big Rock owner I have spoken with has said that same thing, from Arrma the servo saver comes too loose. The stock servo is adequate, it could be better and it could be a lot worse, but regardless the stock setting for the servo saver is loose.

Hot Racing is the only place I have seen with aftermarket metal hop-up servo saver parts. They have the cover (NRO48M01) and the steering arms (NRO4801). You will still need a lot of your original or Arrma replacement parts, like the Servo Saver Metal Parts (AR340094), Bearings (AR610020), all the turnbuckle parts, screws, and Ball Mounts (AR330355). Also before completely replacing it you might want to first try tightening it. Like a number of people who have posted reviews on YouTube I felt mine was to loose out of the box. After tightening it up some it seemed to work much better. I did have to take it completely off the truck to work on it though. To adjust it on the truck you either need a very special tool that I don't have or a lot more patience than I had when I was working on it.
Anyone else having any trouble with these hot racing aluminum steering parts? I installed in mine and it held center better with the stock plastic servo saver setup.

Anyone else having any trouble with these hot racing aluminum steering parts? I installed in mine and it held center better with the stock plastic servo saver setup.
Really?
Well, what's the sense in trying then.
My HR gear is only for attachment tho. Yours?

Really?
Well, what's the sense in trying then.
My HR gear is only for attachment tho. Yours?
I thought they were going to be an improvement. I installed the servo mount, steering arms, and bell crank mount all aluminum from hot racing because I was always messing with steering trim trying to track straight. Since the upgrades its been worse and I have changed servos too.
I believe the problem is in part number NRO4801, the steering arms.

I installed the 1/8th castle creations fan into the motor to keep things cool and put a hot racing shroud on it ...tbone v2 wheelie bar is on it way right now too
Did you have any problems getting it to fit? I tried to install a yeah racing one today and it wouldn't fit at all. Does anyone know???

I thought they were going to be an improvement. I installed the servo mount, steering arms, and bell crank mount all aluminum from hot racing because I was always messing with steering trim trying to track straight. Since the upgrades its been worse and I have changed servos too.
I believe the problem is in part number NRO4801, the steering arms.

I went ahead and installed my HR servo saver, etc. I’ll most likely be dismantling the rig again after the 1st trial run. I have a couple skids with factory stuff mounted, ready for installation, so it’ll be quick.

A few upgrades I did for my Nero were the hot racing front arm skid plates and chassis skid plates and a Savox 1230 servo and other then that it’s been a solid truck for me. I really love it. I don’t want to run it so often because it’s discontinued but it’s just one blast to run. Here’s a picture for the sake of a picture with my Kraton also

Attachments

• E83257DA-9870-4AC9-B7BD-AFF1A9450706.jpeg
    E83257DA-9870-4AC9-B7BD-AFF1A9450706.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 111
A few upgrades I did for my Nero were the hot racing front arm skid plates and chassis skid plates and a Savox 1230 servo and other then that it’s been a solid truck for me. I really love it. I don’t want to run it so often because it’s discontinued but it’s just one blast to run. Here’s a picture for the sake of a picture with my Kraton also

I’ve loaded up on parts. I prolly have 4-5 Nero’s just in parts. Not complete mind you, but like bulkheads, other plastic pieces. Also built up a Big Rock and was surprised how much aftermarket pieces are available.

Also have all 3 new in their boxes. Been thinking about selling the Fazon. I love the looks of them so idk. I really like the looks of the blue Nero’s so its tuff to decide which to sell first.
I have a minor speed bump in my rc hobby. I’ve rejoined the workforce after being out of it since being paralyzed in ‘03. Only cause I HAVE to, lol. Although with “gift of gab”, I’m loving this Uber gig, lol.

I’ve loaded up on parts. I prolly have 4-5 Nero’s just in parts. Not complete mind you, but like bulkheads, other plastic pieces. Also built up a Big Rock and was surprised how much aftermarket pieces are available.

Also have all 3 new in their boxes. Been thinking about selling the Fazon. I love the looks of them so idk. I really like the looks of the blue Nero’s so its tuff to decide which to sell first.
I have a minor speed bump in my rc hobby. I’ve rejoined the workforce after being out of it since being paralyzed in ‘03. Only cause I HAVE to, lol. Although with “gift of gab”, I’m loving this Uber gig, lol.
That’s great that your back at it ( working) it stinks to pay bills but we have to.. I’m a nero addict as well.. love them

O nice I should probally look into a parts truck for myself. I think I have a few differential rebuild kits and some spare bumpers, a spare new blue body and I replaced all 3 servos in the diffs and they have been great so far. I really enjoy the truck. Just tore the rear bumper almost off yesterday haha. I need a wheelie bar! Sounds like you love them more then me. I do love a Fazon they look pretty cool a street menace. Uber would be a good job. I love to drive but not so great at talking lol. Don’t feel bad I don’t love working but it’s good to be busy with something and it allows me to buy all these great products when I want to. Here is a bash picture from yesterday had my Nero and Kraton V3 our with my dad was pretty fun. Come to think of it I tore the rear bumper and the rear body holes are demolished haha

Attachments

• 1D0B7032-931A-420A-808C-631A440D6A39.jpeg
    1D0B7032-931A-420A-808C-631A440D6A39.jpeg
    678 KB · Views: 104
I'm rocking the old fazon but shes beat down.... its my 6yo car now... look I'll n probably to upgrade him to a Granite

Attachments

• 20200221_185418.jpg
    20200221_185418.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 77
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back