Recommended Arrma Nero & Fazon Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing all the rod ends with team associated 89077 rod ends today, and I'm going to bring the truck with me while scavenge my lhs to see if there is some shock ends that are significantly beefier but will fit. If I find something that works I'll post pics and part numbers.
Edit: Has anyone designed a good diy shock strap for this car yet?

Last edited:
This doesn't quite count as a bad etiquette double post -
So I finally put on the team associated 89077 rod ends on the cantilevers because I snapped a stock one. It's a good increase in durability for sure. The unfortunate part is the pack comes with two different kinds and the thickest kind in the pack only fits on the cantilevers - not down in the cup in the a arms. I may use a dremeled to slightly reduce the diameter of the beefy rod end for use in the a arm. It will still end up a couple mm thicker than stock which will be nice. I also have the t bone racing front bumper and rear bumper/wheelie bar on the way and once those are on I'll report in on durability increase with those.

I'm the only one that posts here lmao.
So here's how I have the Nero set up right now:

Driven with open front/rear, closed center diff
Front suspension no preload
Rear suspension 1/4 preload
All suspension medial mounting point
TBone Racing thrasher front bumper/skid
TBone Racing Rear bumper/skid w/o wheelie bar
Hitec 7954sh servo @404oz tq 7.4v
Team Associated aluminum servo horn
Team Associated rod ends
Castle BEC @7.4v to steering servo only
Castle Mamba Monster X ESC
Electronics settings tuned via CastleLink

I haven't driven the car since the mamba x was put in aside from a test in the driveway to make sure everything was working. Have a big bash session at the BMX park with my friend and his Nero. should have some great videos to report in with. From what I can tell, the way I have the mamba x set up via the castle link, it's going to be amazingly fun.

I'm the only one that posts here lmao.
So here's how I have the Nero set up right now:

Driven with open front/rear, closed center diff
Front suspension no preload
Rear suspension 1/4 preload
All suspension medial mounting point
TBone Racing thrasher front bumper/skid
TBone Racing Rear bumper/skid w/o wheelie bar
Hitec 7954sh servo @404oz tq 7.4v
Team Associated aluminum servo horn
Team Associated rod ends
Castle BEC @7.4v to steering servo only
Castle Mamba Monster X ESC
Electronics settings tuned via CastleLink

I haven't driven the car since the mamba x was put in aside from a test in the driveway to make sure everything was working. Have a big bash session at the BMX park with my friend and his Nero. should have some great videos to report in with. From what I can tell, the way I have the mamba x set up via the castle link, it's going to be amazingly fun.
missing a part...gka rocker arms

I am planning to get the arrma nero soon. And I'm planning to get the tbone trasher front bumper from day one. I think that is enough protection for simple bashing. Nothing so serious

I am planning to get the arrma nero soon. And I'm planning to get the tbone trasher front bumper from day one. I think that is enough protection for simple bashing. Nothing so serious
The rear bumper is nice too because if you jump big and land crappy and on your butt it absorbs the impact away from the wheels and suspension.

Does anyone have the arm skid plates for the arrma nero? If so, how would you rate them? I'm thinking of ordering some for the front arms and rear arms.

GKA rocker arms installed! Phenomenal build quality. They fit with the team associated rod ends too which is awesome. Now once I find a good aluminum shock cap, everything on the suspension will be appropriately beefy.

Attachments

• IMG_20161204_093615.jpg
    IMG_20161204_093615.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_20161204_093552.jpg
    IMG_20161204_093552.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 617
Those look awesome! Is there anyway that you can send me a link to both items. I want to make sure I get the exact same ones.

Just message the guy above me name gregmbrandt it's his company and he will take your PayPal info and ship them to you. The rod ends are team associated part number 89077. Just search in eBay or Amazon or your local hobby shop and find the best price for your area. You'll need two packs to do all 8 rod ends.

I installed the largest Dusty Motors cover and it works nicely. Also have the T-Bone Racing rear bumper/skid with wheelie bar, front A-arm and rear A-arm skids, and the chassis skid. The wheelie bar is a must-have for obvious reasons, and I find that the rear A-arm skid gets the most abuse. Good stuff.

IMG_3568.JPG

I installed the largest Dusty Motors cover and it works nicely. Also have the T-Bone Racing rear bumper/skid with wheelie bar, front A-arm and rear A-arm skids, and the chassis skid. The wheelie bar is a must-have for obvious reasons, and I find that the rear A-arm skid gets the most abuse. Good stuff.

View attachment 4275
Do you recommend the tbone a-arms skid plates for the nero? I'm debating on getting them if they come in handy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back