Recommended Arrma Nero & Fazon Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have the hot racing hex's +5mm extensions? If so how do you capture the hex pin now that it is no longer inside the wheel ?

Anyone have the hot racing hex's +5mm extensions? If so how do you capture the hex pin now that it is no longer inside the wheel ?
I got them...there's a little grub screw inside the axles that holds the pins from falling out..

I got them...there's a little grub screw inside the axles that holds the pins from falling out..
I think it's 2mm

Can any one tell me whether or not someone makes a slipper clutch eliminator for the Fazon?

I watched the French dudes video, if I understand right he said get the shock collars from the hyper ss truggy for more suspension freedom, for lack of better words, and to buy what rod ends to increase the travel? thats huge...I'm sure you guys have this all on lock by now, I'm a newb to arrma, not the hobby...he said he got a extra 20mm's thats alot..so I'm assuming the rod ends are strong, and longer? didn't say how to adjust, like bottom them out, make each rod X length, any direction would be helpful....I'm also searching for that chassis extension from Custom Hobbies? and the axels etc...than fit the X-Maxx body on, that looks insane...thanks in advance!

For sure you will want the Hobao spring retainers (Hobao Part #90049 the retainers are part of this set). I made my Big Rock taller, by modding the skid plate to allow for more suspension travel and just unscrewed the rod ends a few mm each. Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of my rod ends, but if you check out Update 4 of my build log I have some picture that show much more clearance I got with the Hobao spring retainers.

For sure you will want the Hobao spring retainers (Hobao Part #90049 the retainers are part of this set). I made my Big Rock taller, by modding the skid plate to allow for more suspension travel and just unscrewed the rod ends a few mm each. Unfortunately, I don't have a great picture of my rod ends, but if you check out Update 4 of my build log I have some picture that show much more clearance I got with the Hobao spring retainers.
thanks alot I am taking truck apart now, someone said the threaded pins that hold axels in center diff they had a different part number and said to change them all?

Any other problems give me a shout...glad to help

do you know of any differential pins that willl fit in all 3 diffs, I mean kyosho mp4tki pins, they have to be the same size, im not liking cutting down drill bits but ion thats the only way, what size drill bits, and should I get the gold ones,

also what diff oils f/r/c thanks...just got truck for son, and there upgrades all over...

So far I haven't made to many changes, but have had to take the truck almost completely apart and put it back together again. I am still very happy with it, but have had my center diff servo, one lower read suspension arm, and one upper front suspension arm all break. The servo and lower rear suspension arm were both replaced by Arrma under warranty at no cost. I didn't put in a ticket for the front arm because I was already ordering some other parts and wanted to get the replacement quicker. The warranty parts took 2-3 weeks to be delivered. I have only run 6 sets of batteries through this truck and have not been jumping it at all yet. What I have done so far is to add the Arrma wheelie bar, personally I think this one looks better than the T-Bone Racing wheelie bar. Either way a wheelie bar is extremely important on this truck. I have also added the optional dirt guard set and replace the stock springs with the larger optional 75mm springs. While the truck was apart I also modified the front and rear skid plates to allow for more suspension travel. Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture to really show the difference in the stance, but it is pretty obvious that my truck sits higher after installing the longer springs and modifying the skid plates. Here are a couple of picture of the truck and a parts list of what I have added.

Wheelie Bar: AR320255
Dirt Guards: AR330414
75mm Springs: AR330417

View attachment 6392 View attachment 6398 View attachment 6393 View attachment 6394 View attachment 6395 View attachment 6396 View attachment 6397

QUESTION, DID YOU BREAK THOSE ARMS BEFORE OR AFTER YOU ADDED THE EXTRA SUSPENSION TRAVEL? THANKS

I have only broken 1 A-arm and I broke it in the first 20 minutes of owning my truck. I had been out of the RC hobby for many years and decided to get back into it. I did some research, watch some youTube, and found the Arrma Nero. When I was actually ready to buy something, Arrma had just released the Big Rock and I am I am BIG truck guy. I like my trucks lifted with crazy power so I went for it and bought the Big Rock and a pair of 3S packs not really knowing just how powerful this truck would be. On my first run stock out of the box within 10-20 minutes I cartwheeled it a good 30-40 feet and snapped one of the front lower A arms. Since then I have not actually run the truck that hard, I know it capable of much more, but I am have fun getting back into the hobby so that's all that matters to me. Honestly I have had just as much fun working on this truck as I have had driving it. I know not everyone want to spend time working on their RC's, but for me it's just as much fun building, fixing, and customizing this truck as it is to drive it.

@Tblazin So to answer your question, I broke the A-arm before I lifted my truck, but I also have probably not driven it quite as hard since I lifted it. However, I am not the only one who has lifted their Big Rock and I know for sure that some of the other people who have done similar work have run their trucks much harder than I have run mine.

I have only broken 1 A-arm and I broke it in the first 20 minutes of owning my truck. I had been out of the RC hobby for many years and decided to get back into it. I did some research, watch some youTube, and found the Arrma Nero. When I was actually ready to buy something, Arrma had just released the Big Rock and I am I am BIG truck guy. I like my trucks lifted with crazy power so I went for it and bought the Big Rock and a pair of 3S packs not really knowing just how powerful this truck would be. On my first run stock out of the box within 10-20 minutes I cartwheeled it a good 30-40 feet and snapped one of the front lower A arms. Since then I have not actually run the truck that hard, I know it capable of much more, but I am have fun getting back into the hobby so that's all that matters to me. Honestly I have had just as much fun working on this truck as I have had driving it. I know not everyone want to spend time working on their RC's, but for me it's just as much fun building, fixing, and customizing this truck as it is to drive it.

@Tblazin So to answer your question, I broke the A-arm before I lifted my truck, but I also have probably not driven it quite as hard since I lifted it. However, I am not the only one who has lifted their Big Rock and I know for sure that some of the other people who have done similar work have run their trucks much harder than I have run mine.

thanks, I'm trying to weigh it out, as common sense says arm could of made those arms have full travel if they wanted....when I get to shocks, I'm gonna go thru and ill post a killer setup, gonna be like my race cars shhhh, Frankenstein shocks, I have brass pistons

possibly bladder like

https://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/p...Xnet_Session=15540e8037db436939d90f87d9a3bab1

defiantly wheel nuts like this I cant believe they send a "basher" out there, with so much exposure to inner driveshafts, I race these, there amazing!!!

https://www.absolutehobbyz.com/Muge...d-Knurled-Magnetic-Wheel-Nuts-4_p_511749.html

and these are BY FAR THE GOD MOST BEST PISTONS ONE CAN USE, and its not cause I run for flash point, read up on these!!!!

https://www.amainhobbies.com/flash-point-16mm-brass-damper-piston-4-1.45mm-5hole-fpr2123/p661970

ive used these as well, w good results..

http://www.jcracingproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=31&product_id=468

thanks brother..u guys are awesome in here!!!

on last bladders I posted, looked underneath bladder at webbing, def for a truck w/this weight I run those on my truggy!!

but I also run, emulsion style, ZERO REBOUND...

any shock oil advise, im locking in on the springs still trying to figure how Arrma's gf/mm converts to out /lbs every spring rate in use?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back