Outcast Recommended Arrma Outcast & Notorious Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does changing to the tekno shocks prevent the rear end from kicking up on bumps? Or is that more in the shock fluid?
Seems like when i hit bumps the back bounces and kicks so hard it wants to flip forward after,

Try heavier wt.oil shock in the front and lighter oil in the rear.....I think I'm running 60/45 in mine.
Also the Tekno orange springs help some too.

How is 60/45 working for you?
Ive decided baced on wht u said to go a little heavier due to the fact ill be doubling my weight in batteries, and going with the tekno springs, haven't tried anything yet, as everything is still on its way to me.

Would the RPM A Arms be considered a good upgrade? I just got my Outcast and was running it on 6s and hit a trash can and broke the lower A arm. Stinks that I just got it and it's broke, but I'll get it running again, also need to turn down the punch... I think I have it set to 5, instant wheelie machine! Also wondering about servo mount will improve the large turning radius... it takes a while to turn this beast...

Would the RPM A Arms be considered a good upgrade? I just got my Outcast and was running it on 6s and hit a trash can and broke the lower A arm. Stinks that I just got it and it's broke, but I'll get it running again, also need to turn down the punch... I think I have it set to 5, instant wheelie machine! Also wondering about servo mount will improve the large turning radius... it takes a while to turn this beast...
Definitely get the RPMs.

As for the steering; grab an aluminum servo mount and be sure to set your end points.

I think it not really important to be waterproof.
This Savox model can handle up to 36KG !!
The stock one is waterproof so it kind of makes sense to recommend waterproof servos as a replacement. Either way servos are easy to waterproof and for the price that is a nice servo.

The stock one is waterproof so it kind of makes sense to recommend waterproof servos as a replacement. Either way servos are easy to waterproof and for the price that is a nice servo.

that's right

I am wondering, is there difference in the gears stiffness between 35kg servo and 25kg servo?!
or it is only motor torque difference?!

that's right

I am wondering, is there difference in the gears stiffness between 35kg servo and 25kg servo?!
or it is only motor torque difference?!
I thought I replied to this, but I am willing to bet the gears are the same.

Bump for this question.
I use orange springs front and back and either 80w if I'm jumping huge and I mean like over 20ft high or 50w if I'm looking to race around with my wife and keeping it level. The heavy weight makes it super stiff but works great for huge airs.
WP_20180310_18_58_30_Pro.jpg

I seriously think the tbone racing front bumper and rear wheelie bar are the best upgrade yet besides the hot racing motor mount. Plus they look good and have a life time warranty.
WP_20180310_19_00_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20180310_19_00_54_Pro.jpg

The servo aluminum mount will help the servo do its job. The standard is plastic and the servo loses torq and presion when the steering is moving.

Here is a quick tire upgrade. These are original big joes on tech5 rims zero offset. Could say my baby got new shoes! I'll run these tomorrow see how they do
I did trim and little on the front bumper to get the tire to clear. Outcast has about the same width as before, just filled up the space between the tires and the body.
How do you like the performance of the big joes? Any cons?

Orange or Yellow is the stiffness of the springs. The rear length is 90mm, the fronts are 80mm.
Bit longer than stock springs.
On the chart, the stock springs would be pink in terms gf/mm, so the yellow or orange are a significant step up in stiffness.
Check this link (Truggy chart);
http://www.teknorc.com/spring-and-bearing-charts/
As for the RPM bumper;
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/b...kid-plate-for-the-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t/
And here is a rear skid plate to go along with it;
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/c...or-arrma-durango-8th-and-10th-scale-vehicles/

Which part numbers for the orange/yellow springs?

Allen

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back