Outcast Recommended Arrma Outcast & Notorious Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which part numbers for the orange/yellow springs?

Allen
WP_20180323_23_05_42_Pro.jpg

My phone pictures stink but here's the chart I use. I run the orange most the time cause I usually can't stop jumping as high as I can but if I'm going to somewhere flat I will run the yellows in the rear and the green in the front. And lighten up the oils.

View attachment 17074
My phone pictures stink but here's the chart I use. I run the orange most the time cause I usually can't stop jumping as high as I can but if I'm going to somewhere flat I will run the yellows in the rear and the green in the front. And lighten up the oils.

Thanks for the reply. I have another question. Since this Outcast is the "2018" version are the stock springs any different? Im still waiting for batteries so I haven't run it yet. I also ordered the RPM arms and the Voltage Hobbies skid plates and servo mount. Still waiting for that stuff too.. Im just getting back into Trucks as my main hobby is gas and nitro boats. I had a Revo back in 06' that had about $1000 worth of upgrades and I beat on that and the only thing I ever broke was the front bulk head.....

There are 2 different stock numbers for the Orange and 2 different stock numbers for the Yellow. Im just trying to find out which stock numbers to order?

They make springs for everything. The picture I put up is the ones you want. They make three different spring sets if I'm not mistaken. The ones I posted are the 90mm and 80mm ones. I'll post up the three charts I use and you will understand more clearly.

Cool thanks. I did see on another forum that the 2018 springs are very similar to the Orange tekno's. Once I get the RPM arms and other upgrades installed I'll give it a go and see where Im at from there.

Savox 1210SG gears https://www.ebay.com/itm/Savox-SW-1...gs-/382255630660?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
Savox 1230SG gears https://www.ebay.com/itm/Savox-Gear...940124&hash=item1c6d462605:g:jcwAAOSw0UdXt4f1

They do appear to be different. But at least they are steel and not brass like the stock Arrma servo and the Savox 0231MG.

Savox 1231sg is a good beefy metal gear servo for $60 70 444oz in, the stock is a must replace item and not by choice even with a aluminum mount I've never had 1 last more then 5 packs there junk and yes waterproofing is easy n fast so any servo can be used

Last edited:
Savox 1231sg is a good beefy metal gear servo for $60 70 444oz in, the stock is a must replace item and not by choice even with a aluminum mount I've never had 1 larry more then 5 packs there junk and yes waterproofing is easy n fast so any servo can be used
Oh yeah that servo is a beast, I'm thinking of picking up a handful of these for my Outcast and Summit.

Ya for the money you realy cant beat it ive got 1 in my outcast,kraton,typhon,talion, and the new e revo 2.0
The other must have upgrade is putting turnbuckles from the rear hole on the wing mount to the rear bumper holes i haven't broke a wing mount since i put them on all my arrmas

Ya for the money you realy cant beat it ive got 1 in my outcast,kraton,typhon,talion, and the new e revo 2.0
The other must have upgrade is putting turnbuckles from the rear hole on the wing mount to the rear bumper holes i haven't broke a wing mount since i put them on all my arrmas
Do you happen to have the part number for those turnbuckles I had them saved at one point but now I can't find them or the thread where they were listed.

No i don't i just measured the length i didn't even look at the # they were traxxas either jato or t maxx i think, its just under 4in so any m4 turnbuckle that length works just make sure they have the beefy rod ends the longer the better my buddy got short ones n the rod kept pulling out until we glued it lol

Last edited:
Another good mod that i haven't seen posted is tightning up the play in the center diff mounts all my trucks especially my typhon the diff moves front to back n twists to the side inbetween The mounts way to much so i used the tekno 13mm tkr 1222 shims that i shim the diffs with in the mounts behind the bearings to get rid of the excess slop

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Man its been a LONG time since Ive worked on any cars or trucks (early 2006 was last time I had a truck) but I managed to get the RPM arms on front and rear, Voltage hobbies servo mount, front and rear skid plates and I went with the Savox SW-0231MG and the glitch buster. I have a Graphane 6S 6000mah 65c battery but I totally forgot that the connector is XT90 and not XT60 so I was only able to give it a test run but man this thing has the juice....

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Man its been a LONG time since Ive worked on any cars or trucks (early 2006 was last time I had a truck) but I managed to get the RPM arms on front and rear, Voltage hobbies servo mount, front and rear skid plates and I went with the Savox SW-0231MG and the glitch buster. I have a Graphane 6S 6000mah 65c battery but I totally forgot that the connector is XT90 and not XT60 so I was only able to give it a test run but man this thing has the juice....

Be careful with that servo the gears are brass and aluminum just like the stock servo, so the gears are easy to strip if you don't have your servo saver set right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back