Outcast Recommended Arrma Outcast & Notorious Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
The Arrma Outcast is in a nutshell a similar platform as the Arrma Kraton but with a short wheelbase. As such you'll find many of the upgrades recommended for the Kraton also pertain to the Arrma Outcast.

If you're just getting an Outcast here are a few things to think about upgrading.

Required items for a new Arrma Outcast

Batteries - LiPo batteries are where it's at for the Arrma Outcast and what's going to make wheelies and flips on demand possible. The Arrma Outcast can use the following LiPo battery setups:
  • 2x2S LiPo packs
  • 2x3S LiPo packs
  • 1x4S LiPo pack
  • 1x6S LiPo pack
If you're looking for LiPo battery suggestions, there is a great "Budget LiPo of choice" ongoing thread if you are unsure what battery packs to buy.

Battery Charger - If you're looking for more battery charger check the Recommend me a battery charger thread for a lot of great user feedback and suggestions.

One of the best bang for your buck chargers would be the Dynamite Prophet Sport Duo. It will charge both NiMH and LiPo batteries and can charge two batteries at one time which is really a must have feature for the Kraton as many will be running dual batteries.

LiPo Sack - Just buy one! A LiPO sack is super cheap and offers a great deal of protection to charge and store your LiPo batteries. Seriously, this is a must.

4x AA Batteries - These are for the transmitter and I'm a big fan of Eneloop rechargeable batteries. Either the Panasonic Eneloop or Eneloop Pro (higher capacity, longer run time).

If you're new to the hobby, I would also strongly suggest checking out the Tools for getting started in RC thread.

Now on to the upgrades to make the Arrma Outcasteven better! :)

Most Recommended Upgrades for the Arrma Outcast

Wing Mount - Without a doubt the most likely item to break first out of the box is the wing mount. If you don't like the wing then go ahead and remove it, but if you want the wing then buy the RPM Wing Mount. RPM products are guaranteed forever. If you break it, they will send you a free replacement.

Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) - The issues that plauged early Kraton's with the BLX 180 has long been resolved with the tried and tested BLX 185 ESC, which is also equipped in the new Arrma Outcast. So the ESC is certainly not an immediate upgrade suggestion as it was in the Kraton.

I'd suggest running stock unless you're just wanting more power in which case Tekin, Castle Creations, and even Hobbywing make great alternatives and buying one of their combo's (ESC and motor) could give the Outcast even more insane speed and/or power!

Servo - The stock servo is plenty powerful and waterproof as an added plus. The real weak point when it comes to the servo's on the Arrma Outcast is the servo mount. It flexes and flexes enough to damage the servo. Luckily there are several fixes for this:
If you're really looking to upgrade the stock servo regardless, then something like the Savox SW-1210SG (powerful, steel gears, and waterproof), Savox SW-0231MG (a bit weaker than the SW-1210SG) or Hitec HS-7955TG. It is recommended you get either a Glitch Buster or External BEC when running these servo's.

Bearings - This isn't a surprise really as there aren't many RC's that are shipped with high quality bearings, or in some cases no bearings at all. In the case of the Arrma Outcast it's both, the bearings that are used aren't very good. A bearing set from Fast Eddy Bearings will be a massive upgrade over stock and what I would recommend! Avid and Boca Bearings would be some alternatives.

Bumpers - If you're really bashing your Outcast then you'll probably want a good durable bumper. T-Bone Racing make a very durable front and rear bumper for the Kraton. TBR bumpers are also guaranteed forever. If you break it, they will send you a free replacement.

If you have other suggested upgrades for the Arrma Outcast, please share below!

Here is a quick tire upgrade. These are original big joes on tech5 rims zero offset. Could say my baby got new shoes! I'll run these tomorrow see how they do
I did trim and little on the front bumper to get the tire to clear. Outcast has about the same width as before, just filled up the space between the tires and the body.

Attachments

• 20161125_173000.jpg
    20161125_173000.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 553
  • 20161125_173710.jpg
    20161125_173710.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 543
What advantages and disadvantages do these upgrades have on the Outcast?

Regards,
Dan
there are no disadvantages with these parts ..as for advantages ...it changes how you rc handles ...jumps ....turns ....and the big thing is ..the servo mount will save your stock servo ...as when you upgrade servos it will hold them inplace and never move

I tried orange on front and rear of my kraton but had to wind front shock colars down further making the front higher then the rear and the orange were very stiff. Im going to try green in rear and yellow up front this time around. Should be very close to excellent.

I tried orange on front and rear of my kraton but had to wind front shock colars down further making the front higher then the rear and the orange were very stiff. Im going to try green in rear and yellow up front this time around. Should be very close to excellent.

Did you ever install the green and yellow combo? Or did you settle on orange and yellow?

What rpm wing mount is everyone getting? There's a few choices and none have outcast on them.
Also are the tekno orange and yellow springs the front or rears? Seems the fronts are 80mm long and rear are 90mm...

What rpm wing mount is everyone getting? There's a few choices and none have outcast on them.
Also are the tekno orange and yellow springs the front or rears? Seems the fronts are 80mm long and rear are 90mm...

Orange or Yellow is the stiffness of the springs. The rear length is 90mm, the fronts are 80mm.
Bit longer than stock springs.
On the chart, the stock springs would be pink in terms gf/mm, so the yellow or orange are a significant step up in stiffness.
Check this link (Truggy chart);
http://www.teknorc.com/spring-and-bearing-charts/
As for the RPM bumper;
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/b...kid-plate-for-the-arrma-kraton-durango-dex8t/
And here is a rear skid plate to go along with it;
http://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/c...or-arrma-durango-8th-and-10th-scale-vehicles/

What shock oils do you recommend to go with the Tekno orange front/yellow rear springs?

Are the Tekno shocks the best ones to get for big jumps with the Outcast

Does changing to the tekno shocks prevent the rear end from kicking up on bumps? Or is that more in the shock fluid?
Seems like when i hit bumps the back bounces and kicks so hard it wants to flip forward after,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back