Outcast Recommended Arrma Outcast & Notorious Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks @WoodiE - Just picked up another new 6s rig to add to my arsenal of #ARRMA RIGS! Now it’s time to go #Bashing with my 1st ever stunt truck!! #ARMMAHOF ARRMA Maniacs From Around The World.

Notorious 6s Stunt Truck.jpg

The Arrma Outcast is in a nutshell a similar platform as the Arrma Kraton but with a short wheelbase. As such you'll find many of the upgrades recommended for the Kraton also pertain to the Arrma Outcast.

If you're just getting an Outcast here are a few things to think about upgrading.

Required items for a new Arrma Outcast

Batteries - LiPo batteries are where it's at for the Arrma Outcast and what's going to make wheelies and flips on demand possible. The Arrma Outcast can use the following LiPo battery setups:
  • 2x2S LiPo packs
  • 2x3S LiPo packs
  • 1x4S LiPo pack
  • 1x6S LiPo pack
If you're looking for LiPo battery suggestions, there is a great "Budget LiPo of choice" ongoing thread if you are unsure what battery packs to buy.

Battery Charger - If you're looking for more battery charger check the Recommend me a battery charger thread for a lot of great user feedback and suggestions.

One of the best bang for your buck chargers would be the Dynamite Prophet Sport Duo. It will charge both NiMH and LiPo batteries and can charge two batteries at one time which is really a must have feature for the Kraton as many will be running dual batteries.

LiPo Sack - Just buy one! A LiPO sack is super cheap and offers a great deal of protection to charge and store your LiPo batteries. Seriously, this is a must.

4x AA Batteries - These are for the transmitter and I'm a big fan of Eneloop rechargeable batteries. Either the Panasonic Eneloop or Eneloop Pro (higher capacity, longer run time).

If you're new to the hobby, I would also strongly suggest checking out the Tools for getting started in RC thread.

Now on to the upgrades to make the Arrma Outcasteven better! :)

Most Recommended Upgrades for the Arrma Outcast

Wing Mount - Without a doubt the most likely item to break first out of the box is the wing mount. If you don't like the wing then go ahead and remove it, but if you want the wing then buy the RPM Wing Mount. RPM products are guaranteed forever. If you break it, they will send you a free replacement.

Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) - The issues that plauged early Kraton's with the BLX 180 has long been resolved with the tried and tested BLX 185 ESC, which is also equipped in the new Arrma Outcast. So the ESC is certainly not an immediate upgrade suggestion as it was in the Kraton.

I'd suggest running stock unless you're just wanting more power in which case Tekin, Castle Creations, and even Hobbywing make great alternatives and buying one of their combo's (ESC and motor) could give the Outcast even more insane speed and/or power!

Servo - The stock servo is plenty powerful and waterproof as an added plus. The real weak point when it comes to the servo's on the Arrma Outcast is the servo mount. It flexes and flexes enough to damage the servo. Luckily there are several fixes for this:
If you're really looking to upgrade the stock servo regardless, then something like the Savox SW-1210SG (powerful, steel gears, and waterproof), Savox SW-0231MG (a bit weaker than the SW-1210SG) or Hitec HS-7955TG. It is recommended you get either a Glitch Buster or External BEC when running these servo's.

Bearings - This isn't a surprise really as there aren't many RC's that are shipped with high quality bearings, or in some cases no bearings at all. In the case of the Arrma Outcast it's both, the bearings that are used aren't very good. A bearing set from Fast Eddy Bearings will be a massive upgrade over stock and what I would recommend! Avid and Boca Bearings would be some alternatives.

Bumpers - If you're really bashing your Outcast then you'll probably want a good durable bumper. T-Bone Racing make a very durable front and rear bumper for the Kraton. TBR bumpers are also guaranteed forever. If you break it, they will send you a free replacement.

If you have other suggested upgrades for the Arrma Outcast, please share below!
@WoodiE - Yesterday when I was bashing at my local skate park, i busted my back wing and wheelie bar doing some killer airs in there massive bowls they have for you to choose. I did a drone video of the Skate park for ya to really see how big this place actually IS. Any good recommendations on a replacement on the back wing and wheelie bar??

@WoodiE - Yesterday when I was bashing at my local skate park, i busted my back wing and wheelie bar doing some killer airs in there massive bowls they have for you to choose. I did a drone video of the Skate park for ya to really see how big this place is actually. Any good recommendations on a replacement on the back wing and wheelie bar??
RPM wing mounts are better, but not indestructible. T Bone makes after market too, but haven't tried them. @Reubydoobe uses stuff from POS, but shipping to US has limited options. Trial and error, stressing "less" on the errors.?

Dumb question here...... But I had assumed that aluminum chassis braces weren't as important for the v4 Outcast/Notorious as they were on the Kraton, because the chassis isn't as long... But I'm now thinking that the stock plastic chassis braces are still just as liable to snap on the Outcast/Notorious... Do you all strongly recommend the aluminum chassis braces?

I only ask because they aren't listed in the OP like they are for the recommended Kraton upgrades.......

Dumb question here...... But I had assumed that aluminum chassis braces weren't as important for the v4 Outcast/Notorious as they were on the Kraton, because the chassis isn't as long... But I'm now thinking that the stock plastic chassis braces are still just as liable to snap on the Outcast/Notorious... Do you all strongly recommend the aluminum chassis braces?

I only ask because they aren't listed in the OP like they are for the recommended Kraton upgrades.......
Yes. I busted both of my stock ones pretty early on on my v2 outcast (2018 model without the T2T brace, busted the chassis braces with a T2T I made on top of the towers). Now I run HR braces and M2C chassis without a T2T brace.

Probably the single most important upgrade I've done is the metal braces. The stock chassis is far too thin though, and even with the braces, the flex just causes other things to break when sending the truck off even medium sized jumps. Save up and grab an M2C Goliath chassis. Along with the new braces, the truck becomes a whole different breed of bashability.

I got a Talion that I Kratonized, and a Outcast. Noticed the steering blocks and rear carriers are longer on the Outcast. Am gonna swap em out for the Talion, making the Talion a true Kraton and the Oucast a shorter chassis Talion.

Wanna see how it performs w the shortrr wheelbase. I came to notice the difference when ordering the front pillow ball blocks.

Hi guys,

Where can I buy updates for my Notorious in Europe? I am looking to buy a bumper and are only distributed in the United States with its corresponding customs charge. Please help! (The shipment would be to Spain)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Where can I buy updates for my Notorious in Europe? I am looking to buy a bumper and are only distributed in the United States with its corresponding customs charge. Please help! (The shipment would be to Spain)

Thanks!
POS Racing they are located in Germany if I remember right https://www.pos-modellbau.de/

Hi guys,

Thanks!
I think JBI has a distributor over there as well.
https://justbashitrc.com/

The Arrma Outcast is in a nutshell a similar platform as the Arrma Kraton but with a short wheelbase. As such you'll find many of the upgrades recommended for the Kraton also pertain to the Arrma Outcast.

If you're just getting an Outcast here are a few things to think about upgrading.

Batteries - LiPo batteries are where it's at for the Arrma Outcast and what's going to make wheelies and flips on demand possible. The Arrma Outcast can use the following LiPo battery setups:
  • 2x2S LiPo packs
  • 2x3S LiPo packs
  • 1x4S LiPo pack
  • 1x6S LiPo pack
If you're looking for LiPo battery suggestions, there is a great "Budget LiPo of choice" ongoing thread if you are unsure what battery packs to buy.

Battery Charger - If you're looking for more battery charger check the Recommend me a battery charger thread for a lot of great user feedback and suggestions.

One of the best bang for your buck chargers would be the Dynamite Prophet Sport Duo. It will charge both NiMH and LiPo batteries and can charge two batteries at one time which is really a must have feature for the Kraton as many will be running dual batteries.

LiPo Sack - Just buy one! A LiPO sack is super cheap and offers a great deal of protection to charge and store your LiPo batteries. Seriously, this is a must.

4x AA Batteries - These are for the transmitter and I'm a big fan of Eneloop rechargeable batteries. Either the Panasonic Eneloop or Eneloop Pro (higher capacity, longer run time).

If you're new to the hobby, I would also strongly suggest checking out the Tools for getting started in RC thread.

Wing Mount - Without a doubt the most likely item to break first out of the box is the wing mount. If you don't like the wing then go ahead and remove it, but if you want the wing then buy the RPM Wing Mount. RPM products are guaranteed forever. If you break it, they will send you a free replacement.

Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) - The issues that plauged early Kraton's with the BLX 180 has long been resolved with the tried and tested BLX 185 ESC, which is also equipped in the new Arrma Outcast. So the ESC is certainly not an immediate upgrade suggestion as it was in the Kraton.

I'd suggest running stock unless you're just wanting more power in which case Tekin, Castle Creations, and even Hobbywing make great alternatives and buying one of their combo's (ESC and motor) could give the Outcast even more insane speed and/or power!

Servo - The stock servo is plenty powerful and waterproof as an added plus. The real weak point when it comes to the servo's on the Arrma Outcast is the servo mount. It flexes and flexes enough to damage the servo. Luckily there are several fixes for this:
If you're really looking to upgrade the stock servo regardless, then something like the Savox SW-1210SG (powerful, steel gears, and waterproof), Savox SW-0231MG (a bit weaker than the SW-1210SG) or Hitec HS-7955TG. It is recommended you get either a Glitch Buster or External BEC when running these servo's.

Bearings - This isn't a surprise really as there aren't many RC's that are shipped with high quality bearings, or in some cases no bearings at all. In the case of the Arrma Outcast it's both, the bearings that are used aren't very good. A bearing set from Fast Eddy Bearings will be a massive upgrade over stock and what I would recommend! Avid and Boca Bearings would be some alternatives.

Bumpers - If you're really bashing your Outcast then you'll probably want a good durable bumper. T-Bone Racing make a very durable front and rear bumper for the Kraton. TBR bumpers are also guaranteed forever. If you break it, they will send you a free replacement.

I was wondering ,I upgraded my notorious rear diff housing with hot racing and is it normal to have to shim the ring or pin gear to keep them from skipping ?

• 2x2S LiPo packs
  • 2x3S LiPo packs
  • 1x4S LiPo pack
  • 1x6S LiPo pack

I recently upgraded my notorious rear diff housing to hot racing, is it a normal thing to have to shim the ring and pinion gears to keep them from skipping? Ive got that problem. Thanks for any input . Fussbob

I was wondering ,I upgraded my notorious rear diff housing with hot racing and is it normal to have to shim the ring or pin gear to keep them from skipping ?

I recently upgraded my notorious rear diff housing to hot racing, is it a normal thing to have to shim the ring and pinion gears to keep them from skipping? Ive got that problem. Thanks for any input . Fussbob
Yes as they are not made to the same tolerance as the OEM ones.

I know the recommended servo mount is the GKA or Voltage Hobbies - but any idea how the GPM ones are like? They seem to be half the price and aluminium too. Anyone used them?

I know the recommended servo mount is the GKA or Voltage Hobbies - but any idea how the GPM ones are like? They seem to be half the price and aluminium too. Anyone used them?
Anyone tried the HR servo mount?

Probably the single most important upgrade I've done is the metal braces. The stock chassis is far too thin though, and even with the braces, the flex just causes other things to break when sending the truck off even medium sized jumps. Save up and grab an M2C Goliath chassis. Along with the new braces, the truck becomes a whole different breed of bashability.
Did a ton of upgrade on my Notorious Stunt Truck and went with the M2C Goliath chassis, M2C Standoffs, M2C shock Towers, new PowerHD servo a ton of other upgrades but I did not get the front and Rear metal braces that #MC2 manufactures!
Thats my next upgrade which I am pulling the trigger now for them just to make it a lot ? ? ? ? !
Just want to make sure I get the right set up - Are these the two I need?

M2C 3047 ARRMA KRATON/OUTCAST/NOTOROUS,TYPHON FRONT CENTER BRACE (POLISHED)
1587648220161.png

Or is it this the M2C 3041 ARRMA OUTCAST SERIES REAR CENTER BRACE
1587648267479.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back