Outcast Recommended Arrma Outcast & Notorious Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the servo mounts go any of the aftermarket ones are better than the stock one, so it doesn't matter which one you buy, just get whichever one you want.

@slick2500 - For my Servo mount I went with a Hot racing one since #VoltageHobbies tired to screw me over when they closed up shop around Feb but long story short, I was able to get my money back from paypal :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:!!
My PowerHD servo that I love and have on installed on my KRATON and a Hot racing servo mount.
1587652039154.png

What i want are Mitch is his front and rear BRACEs!

Here is a pic of my rear stock one
1587652175091.png

Here is a pic of my front stock one:
1587652220554.png

Is this what I need to replace my plastic ones from M2C racing?
1587652337707.png

Did a ton of upgrade on my Notorious Stunt Truck and went with the M2C Goliath chassis, M2C Standoffs, M2C shock Towers, new PowerHD servo a ton of other upgrades but I did not get the front and Rear metal braces that #MC2 manufactures!
Thats my next upgrade which I am pulling the trigger now for them just to make it a lot ? ? ? ? !
Just want to make sure I get the right set up - Are these the two I need?

M2C 3047 ARRMA KRATON/OUTCAST/NOTOROUS,TYPHON FRONT CENTER BRACE (POLISHED)
View attachment 76341

Or is it this the M2C 3041 ARRMA OUTCAST SERIES REAR CENTER BRACE
View attachment 76342
Looks to be the ones. Should be a bullet proof truck once you get all this put together.

My local hobby shop stocks STRC Chassis braces and servo mount. Don’t see any recommendations on them. Are they a good option

My local hobby shop stocks STRC Chassis braces and servo mount. Don’t see any recommendations on them. Are they a good option
STRC makes chassis braces now? It's been so long since the last time I was on their site all they had was the hopups for Arrmas original 1/10 lineup.

A little late to this party. I personally have the Red Front and Rear STRC chassis braces. Nice quality and do what they are supposed to. Cheaper than Hot Racing too. Got them from Amain with additional parts so I could use the discount code. Worth it in my opinion and they look great!

A little late to this party. I personally have the Red Front and Rear STRC chassis braces. Nice quality and do what they are supposed to. Cheaper than Hot Racing too. Got them from Amain with additional parts so I could use the discount code. Worth it in my opinion and they look great!
@LtGhost08 - all good brother!! I'm not a fan of Hot racing parts in general, so I went everything M2C racing braces, chassis, and chassis braces and recently upgrade of been Mitch's M2C shock cap kit which works unbelievable on your landings! I don't know how you bash but I like to air it out so with the stock shock caps, you bounce all over the place vs M2C shock cap kit! YOU STICK JUST ABOUT ALL OF YOUR LANDINGS! Plus, I went with a Yeah Racing fun for cooling the motor down which works awesome.
M2C Racing Standoffs and Shock cap kit.jpeg

Yeah Racing Booster fan.jpeg

Hi, I have a new Notorious 6S V5 coming in. Did they improve in V5 in regards to anything in the original post that should be replaced? Should I still do the servo mount upgrade and if so which do you recommend? Are they easy to install?

Hi, I have a new Notorious 6S V5 coming in. Did they improve in V5 in regards to anything in the original post that should be replaced? Should I still do the servo mount upgrade and if so which do you recommend? Are they easy to install?
I am a firm believer of not updating anything until it breaks on me! All my rigs are set up with these upgrades below in the picture but I have had them for quite a while. Remember, I am into hardcore bashing and doing big airs and double backflips.
Kraton Upgrades.jpeg

Last edited:
Servo and servo mount yes. Basically any of the aftermarket servo mounts will be an improvement over the stock one. And yes most are easy to install, there are a total of 8 screws that need to be removed to completely remove the mount, 4 on the bottom holding it to the chassis and 4 on top holding the servo in. Some of the aftermarket mounts have the posts separated from the top so they have an additional 4 screws to hold the posts on.

Servo and servo mount yes. Basically any of the aftermarket servo mounts will be an improvement over the stock one. And yes most are easy to install, there are a total of 8 screws that need to be removed to completely remove the mount, 4 on the bottom holding it to the chassis and 4 on top holding the servo in. Some of the aftermarket mounts have the posts separated from the top so they have an additional 4 screws to hold the posts on.
Can I just get a servo mount for now to extend the life of stock servo?

If you get a new servo, it will drive a little bit smoother and take out some of the slop.
I would get the Power HD DW-25LV Digital Waterproof Servo 25kg / 0.11s / 80g if you can find them.
I have them in all of my cars and I absolutely love them and have had ZERRO issues what so ever.

1607612142135.png

Hi! I recommend getting the rpm rear skid plate, power hobby heatsink fan, and the aluminum servo mount.

The mount isn't why the stock servo fails, upgrading the mount might actually kill it faster, the stock servo fails because it is underpowered, ~200oz/in of torque is not enough for something the size of the 6s Arrmas, the stock 6s servos work okay in the 3s and 4s models though.

The mount isn't why the stock servo fails, upgrading the mount might actually kill it faster, the stock servo fails because it is underpowered, ~200oz/in of torque is not enough for something the size of the 6s Arrmas, the stock 6s servos work okay in the 3s and 4s models though.
OK, but when you upgrade servo should also upgrade mount?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back